[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bears players - Monty, Mooney, Kmet

1fastdoc

Question for those that follow these guys (I rarely see their games):

Montgomery - I've had him since I took him with my 2nd pick as a rookie. Is he ever going to be a consistent producer? 

Mooney - I added him as a free stash last season. Yahoo has been predicting 16+ points since the start of the season. Why? Was yahoo right? Is he about to be revealed as a stud or are the last couple games flukes? 

Kmet - I saw him play last week. He looks like he has the potential to be a top 10 TE, if not top 5 in the future. He's getting targets. Does he fail to separate or have dropsies? 

This is a 10 team deep bench dynasty league 

23 minutes ago, 1fastdoc said:

Question for those that follow these guys (I rarely see their games):

Montgomery - I've had him since I took him with my 2nd pick as a rookie. Is he ever going to be a consistent producer? 

Mooney - I added him as a free stash last season. Yahoo has been predicting 16+ points since the start of the season. Why? Was yahoo right? Is he about to be revealed as a stud or are the last couple games flukes? 

Kmet - I saw him play last week. He looks like he has the potential to be a top 10 TE, if not top 5 in the future. He's getting targets. Does he fail to separate or have dropsies? 

This is a 10 team deep bench dynasty league 

Mooney isn't a fluke, I just don't think he's necessarily a #1 receiver. I think he's going to be hit or miss depending too much on the big play.

17 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

I disagree. Mooney has all the traits of a WR1. He's hit or miss because of the QB play, or lack there of. If you watch him he's an alpha. 

Good to hear,  hope you're right. Allen Robinson's presence can't really help there either without a better QB.

I think KMET is a really good TE, not sure about top 5 as that is pretty elite territory, and if we're talking fantasy production not NFL skills, it requires somebody who gets a lot of opportunities like Kelce, Kittle types. 

Look at the Browns, they have 3 pretty good TEs and use them a lot, Austin Hooper leads the team in receptions with 28, and is tied with Landry for first in targets at 42. If you add up the numbers for the 3 TEs (Njoku + Bryant) you get  Tar=95 Rec=65 yds=794 TDs=4, that's about what Kelce has done this year. So if the Browns used mostly one TE that guy could be top 10.  I really like Hooper, he is Mr. Consistent and always seems to make the clutch plays. Njoku is more electric, but also drops some easy catches. 

For various reasons...the 2 primary ones being a below average OL and a extremely bad HC, none of these players will be anything more than spot starters in fantasy, with Montgomery being most valuable (and a starter) because of position.

Mooney might be like a WR 30, Kmet tops out at TE 12, but is more like 18, and Montgomery peaks at RB 12, but really is 15-18.

Coaching change, scheme change may help them all, but a revamped OL is going to be at least 2 years away at a minimum.

Kmet does not have the dropsies, they just don't scheme his way. 4.6 targets a game. He is like Dawson Knox. A clear 2nd/3rd tier TE who just needs the targets but won't get them in this system, and won't get the TD looks as long as Graham is still here.

Mooney can't be overused. They did that towards the end of last year and he broke. He is very slight and got lucky yesterday on that long bubble TD. Good trade away target right now.

Montgomery goes as the OL goes. Period. Herbert proved that while DM was out.

ETA: re-reading this, it's confusing. Montgomery is not a "spot" starter. He's a starter on almost all fantasy teams. Consistent as the OL will allow him to be, but he was a Fantasy MVP in the playoffs last year. It's what he can be. Play calling lowers his bar considerably. Mooney can be a WR3/Flex in standard 12 team leagues, and a spot starter...Kmet, the jury is still out, but I say his potential is wasted with this coach. 

Edited by gilthorp
  • Like 1

Mooney's knock is that he's 5-11 and just 174 pounds. He runs a 4.38 40-time and was pretty good at Tulane, but his slighter frame made him fall in the draft to the 5th round. But 60 catches as a rookie is very good.