[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

"Cry Me a River" thread.

FinishTheDrill

All in good fun,  and let's not feel sorry for ourselves here, ok? 

That said, its a funny & crazy season (again).  Let's hear your injury or other woes.

I'll start:

Mostert- Gone.  1st snap of the season?

CEH- tepid start, then inj.  Then to add insult to injury, he blows up on my bench today.

Taysom (remember him!??!)

Gronk- blew up on my bench and then basically inj for most of a season.

Darnold- What a tease.  Week 7 hurt.  

I know some of you guys have much sadder tales of fantasy misery.  Let er rip. 

Keepers 

Wilson - not playing well has missed 3 games, should probably sit out the rest of season before he is permanently broken

Carson - played 4 games, didn't look horrible, missed the rest of season

Jacobs -  missed 2 games, hasn't had a 100yard combined game yet, his 5TDs help a bit

Hunt - missed 5 games so far, maybe back this coming week, has posted decent numbers for a 1B guy

Adams - missed one game with COVID, numbers are pretty good by not at #1 WR level (ranks 8th in my league, almost 5ppg lower than Kupp)

top draft picks (mostly WRs since we start 3 and I had no 3rd round pick, draft starts with 60 players rostered as keepers)

Amari Cooper - missed this week, good numbers and a solid WR2

OBJ - missed 3 games including the one before trade, 19 rec 250 yards and 0 TDs, there's probably 20 guys on waivers that can do that

Pittman - a solid WR3 for my team when he's been needed, which is quite often especially after it became clear OBJ was of little use

My other draft picks were not great, but all the injuries and lack of production above sent me scrambling for somebody to fill some hole every week. 

Mine hasn’t been completely ruined by injuries due to pretty good depth in both my leagues. For me this season has come down to bad matchup luck. In both of my leagues I’m top 3 in points scored and in both leagues I’ve had the most points scored against me by quite a bit. After this week I’ll be 5-6 in both. I’m just waiting for my luck to turn because I should be able to make playoffs and due some damage.

Nothing more frustrating then losing  when you would have beat every other team that week. And then seeing other guys winning when they wouldn’t have beaten anybody else that week. That’s happened to me a number of times this season

On 11/21/2021 at 7:55 PM, Red Storm said:

might as well just add Chase next week to make it perfect. 

Ah man, dont go and do that!

15 hours ago, Finn5033 said:

Nothing more frustrating then losing  when you would have beat every other team that week. And then seeing other guys winning when they wouldn’t have beaten anybody else that week. That’s happened to me a number of times this season

This does bug me.

10 hours ago, JoJoTheWebToedBoy said:

Man, I had a bunch of Allen Robinson and DeAndre Hopkins across all of my leagues.  

Had Mostert in my home league and backed him up with Trey Sermon (2 wasted picks), and yep also have Robinson, Hopkins, and S. Parker. 

I also have a lot shares of Hopkins.

He's hurt and not a target hog anymore. :kicksrock:

Edited by Wolverines Fan

1 hour ago, League_Champion said:

But many don't 

Also some should not try to play thru injury. Browns had an OL (Wills) doing that early in the season, leave a game with injury, fight thru it during the week, start the next week, reaggravate the foot/ankle injury then questionable to play the next week, rinse and repeat thru week. Finally unable to start one week (or staff got smart and saw he needed the rest to heal) and hasn't missed a snap since returning in week 7.  

Maybe having one more game to play, COVID, changes to IR setup are all contributing to it. 

On 11/23/2021 at 10:10 PM, Montana is da Man said:

Henry, woods, CEH and Michael Thomas......all in the same league

Curious have you held onto Thomas all year? Is it a keeper/dynasty league? Are you using an IR slot or are the rosters deep enough.

An owner in our 12 team league drafted him in round 9 (our round 4 after 5 keepers) and has held him all year. We have 9 bench spots to go with 9 starters. He's one of the better teams this year, and has not had many injuries so he hasn't had to scramble too much. 

FFPC team:

Mostert

Landry

CMC

Kittle

Wilson

So... most of these injuries occurred early in games (which equated to a low scoring week for the player).  I was able to fend of the 1st 2 weeks and started 2-0.  Then lost 5.  3 of those were by less than 10, which is close for these leagues.  They started to come back and I won 5 in a row to end the season 7-5. lost out on playoffs due to tie breakers (low points).  losing those points was hugh.  ie: mostert was 2-20 yds and went down early in week 1.  landry scored 1.9 in week 2 when he left early in the 1srt quarter, etc

On 11/22/2021 at 12:32 PM, Finn5033 said:

I won one week this season with 124 pts and lost another with 175. 

I also have Thomas, who reminds me of Antonio Brown, a former elite who was nothing more than a brick on my roster. 

Edited by 1fastdoc