[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Seahawks

League_Champion

Didn't see the game, they're still without Carson and it seems the team struggles mightily when it has an inadequate running game. The lead back (Collins) got 10 carries for 36 yards. It appears they could not convert on third down or sustain drives, or get off the field on defense.

I'm starting to wonder if Wilson will return to starting QB level in fantasy for next season. I may need to find another option next year. 

As a Seahawk fan I really like Pete. He has been the most successful coach in franchise history. It’s just not easy to maintain a Super Bowl level team year in and year out. You start to lose your assistant coaches to head coaching jobs elsewhere and you have to decide who to pay and who not to pay. Pete and John have done a great job of keeping this team relevant after back to back Super Bowls. Double digit wins, division titles, etc. Unfortunately this may be the end of an amazing era of football for Seattle. The Jamal Adams trade was a disaster and I think it’s going to cost Pete his job. Still not sure how they missed so badly on Adams. 

1 minute ago, RILETT said:

The Jamal Adams trade was a disaster and I think it’s going to cost Pete his job. Still not sure how they missed so badly on Adams

Agree, but I don't recall many people disagreeing with that move when it happened. In hindsight, yes it was a horrible trade. I'm not sure how Wilson gets a pass in all this though. He's not helping the cause. 

54 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Agree, but I don't recall many people disagreeing with that move when it happened. In hindsight, yes it was a horrible trade. I'm not sure how Wilson gets a pass in all this though. He's not helping the cause. 

No he shouldn’t get a pass, he has been bad dating back to the second half of last season. 

33 minutes ago, RILETT said:

No he shouldn’t get a pass, he has been bad dating back to the second half of last season. 

The second half of last season where the team went 6-2? Like they did in the first 8 games? He didn't have great fantasy numbers but I don't see bunch of bad games as a real NFL QB either, there are some bad games (stats show comp-att-yards-TD-INT-sacks. 

Week 9 loss to Rams 22-37-248-0-2-6

Week 12 loss to Giants 27-43-263-1-1-5

Week 14 close win over WAS 18-27-121-1-1-0

playoff loss to Rams 11-27-174-2-1-5

The other 5 look pretty good. I may not watch every game, but I've had Wilson on my fantasy team for a few years and have followed him more closely.

I agree he shares in the blame, but it sure seems that more of the problem is a lack of a cohesive running game or decent OL to protect him (3 of his bad games, all losses, have lots of sacks). 

I think the Seahawks have relied on Wilson too much to bail them out of bad spots, and he's starting to wear down and won't be able to do that as much. 

25 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

The second half of last season where the team went 6-2? Like they did in the first 8 games? He didn't have great fantasy numbers but I don't see bunch of bad games as a real NFL QB either, there are some bad games (stats show comp-att-yards-TD-INT-sacks. 

Week 9 loss to Rams 22-37-248-0-2-6

Week 12 loss to Giants 27-43-263-1-1-5

Week 14 close win over WAS 18-27-121-1-1-0

playoff loss to Rams 11-27-174-2-1-5

The other 5 look pretty good. I may not watch every game, but I've had Wilson on my fantasy team for a few years and have followed him more closely.

I agree he shares in the blame, but it sure seems that more of the problem is a lack of a cohesive running game or decent OL to protect him (3 of his bad games, all losses, have lots of sacks). 

I think the Seahawks have relied on Wilson too much to bail them out of bad spots, and he's starting to wear down and won't be able to do that as much. 

First 8 games 211 for 297 2541 yards 28 TD’s 8 Int

Last 8 games 177 for  266 1754 yards 14 TD’S 5 Int

Your correct, The Seahawks ignored the O-line because of Wilson’s ability to scramble and extend the play. Some of the sacks were on Wilson for holding on to the ball to long but, he made so many amazing plays you took the good with the bad. I think he is just tired at this point and all the scrambling and the hits he is taking are getting to him.

Kansas City and Seattle are in a similar situation. Both O-lines are bad. Teams are getting consistent pressure on the QB only rushing 4 then dropping 7 into coverage with the 2 high safety look. Both Mahomes and Wilson are scrambling around and trying to get the deep ball when it’s not really there and your seeing INT’s that you don’t see from this caliber of QB. Both Seattle and Kansas City really struggle without the deep passing game and don’t seem to have any other way to move the ball consistently.

plenty of blame to go around on this team

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

I agree 

They need to start mixing in some bubble screens to both DK and Lockett.  Both are completely different, but would succeed in different ways implementing this.

Get the ball in the hands of your playmakers as quickly and efficiently as possible and see what happens.

Just now, darin3 said:

They need to start mixing in some bubble screens to both DK and Lockett.  Both are completely different, but would succeed in different ways implementing this.

Get the ball in the hands of your playmakers as quickly and efficiently as possible and see what happens.

Exactly. It's maddening that DK isn't getting 12 targets a game. Especially in these games where they are behind. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, darin3 said:

That is what Waldron was suppose to bring to the table. Getting to line quicker and getting the ball out of Wilson’s hands quicker. Haven’t seen any of it for whatever reason. 

7 minutes ago, RILETT said:

That is what Waldron was suppose to bring to the table. Getting to line quicker and getting the ball out of Wilson’s hands quicker. Haven’t seen any of it for whatever reason. 

Interesting, and has to be maddening for Seahawk fans.  The talent is there, they just need to implement better.

29 minutes ago, darin3 said:

The Browns did that with Landry in a wildcat formation near the GL yesterday, Mayfield went out to the far side, and you could see when Landry got the ball he really wanted to pass it. Then he saw nobody was in his way and he just darted into the EZ

42 minutes ago, darin3 said:

Interesting, and has to be maddening for Seahawk fans.  The talent is there, they just need to implement better.

Yes it is. I think OC Darrel Bevell went rouge last year. Nobody expected the Seahawks to come out of the gates passing like they did Wilson looked like the MVP in the first half of the season and Pete let it go because it was working. Once teams started to adjust and Wilson started throwing some INT’s Pete pulled the plug on letting Russ cook. That is where the trouble started between Wilson, Bevell and Pete. It’s disappointing, Waldron was suppose to be the young coach from the Sean McVay tree implementing  a quicker passing game and a new offensive system. All the players raved about it in the preseason. It just hasn’t happened and I think Pete is still way to involved in the offense  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, RILETT said:

Yes it is. I think OC Darrel Bevell went rouge last year. Nobody expected the Seahawks to come out of the gates passing like they did Wilson looked like the MVP in the first half of the season and Pete let it go because it was working. Once teams started to adjust and Wilson started throwing some INT’s Pete pulled the plug on letting Russ cook. That is where the trouble started between Wilson, Bevell and Pete. It’s disappointing, Waldron was suppose to be the young coach from the Sean McVay tree implementing  a quicker passing game and a new offensive system. All the players raved about it in the preseason. It just hasn’t happened and I think Pete is still way to involved in the offense  

Bevell?  Do you mean Shcottenheimer?  

Offense has no identify.  While Russel Wilson is great at making big plays; they don't have much of a short to intermediate passing game for some inexplicable reason.  At some point you have to really wonder if the league figured out Russel Wilson.  As he gets older and scrambles less, it really seems like he might be limited as a pocket passer.  

Whiffs in drafts don't help either.  The Pete/Scheinder era started out with two great drafts; but now they've busted on a lot of guys also.  Rashad Penny being drafted before Nick Chubb is a somewhat recent example.  DK Metcalf and Shaquil Griffin (who is no longer on the team) are the only two recent picks that seemed to pan out; that I can think of.

9 minutes ago, Bobby Brown said:

Bevell?  Do you mean Shcottenheimer?  

Offense has no identify.  While Russel Wilson is great at making big plays; they don't have much of a short to intermediate passing game for some inexplicable reason.  At some point you have to really wonder if the league figured out Russel Wilson.  As he gets older and scrambles less, it really seems like he might be limited as a pocket passer.  

Whiffs in drafts don't help either.  The Pete/Scheinder era started out with two great drafts; but now they've busted on a lot of guys also.  Rashad Penny being drafted before Nick Chubb is a somewhat recent example.  DK Metcalf and Shaquil Griffin (who is no longer on the team) are the only two recent picks that seemed to pan out; that I can think of.

Yes, Shotty thank you. I think at this point In his career he would like to be more of a pocket passer and was vocal about his O-line concerns this off season. That is very unlike Wilson to come out in public like that don’t think he felt like he was being heard by the Hawks

3 hours ago, Coolhandsean said:

Unfortunately for them, they gave the Jets their 1st rd draft pick for Jamal Adams. Joe Douglas fleeced the Seahawks.

I'll say

The Jets sent Jamal Adams and a 2022 4th round pick to Seattle in exchange for a 2021 1st Rounder, a 2022 1st rounder, a 2021 3rd rounder, and S Bradley McDougald. I decided to revisit this trade and how it has impacted the Jets then, now, and going forward.

I would be surprised if they kept both russ and carroll (and I think they are both talented). My guess is that they keep russ, but he is needing some support (o-line and better bu rbs)

Edited by Bier Meister

1 hour ago, Bier Meister said:

I would be surprised if they kept both russ and carroll (and I think they are both talented). My guess is that they keep russ, but he is needing some support (o-line and better bu rbs)

I think they'll trade Russ and mutually part ways with Carroll. Russ is going to be 33 soon and the Seahawks aren't winning anything anytime soon. They need draft capital. 

If Wilson wants to stay and the brass thinks he's still elite, he'll stay.  You can supplement draft capital without trading a franchise QB and its not like they  traded their next 2 or 3 drafts away.

This isn't a team without weapons on either side of the ball. The conventional opinion is that they are being poorly coached and vastly underperforming their talent level.

Wilson, Lockett, Metcalf, and Everret are above average weapons and that offense should be more than competitive for the time being and in the near future.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bobby Brown said:

This isn't a team without weapons on either side of the ball. The conventional opinion is that they are being poorly coached and vastly underperforming their talent level.

Wilson, Lockett, Metcalf, and Everret are above average weapons and that offense should be more than competitive for the time being and in the near future.

You must have the same Homer glasses that Stevo has. They have nowhere near the talent and aren't close to what the Rams or Cardinals are. 

• Like 1

On 11/22/2021 at 1:49 PM, RILETT said:

First 8 games 211 for 297 2541 yards 28 TD’s 8 Int

Last 8 games 177 for  266 1754 yards 14 TD’S 5 Int

Your correct, The Seahawks ignored the O-line because of Wilson’s ability to scramble and extend the play. Some of the sacks were on Wilson for holding on to the ball to long but, he made so many amazing plays you took the good with the bad. I think he is just tired at this point and all the scrambling and the hits he is taking are getting to him.

Kansas City and Seattle are in a similar situation. Both O-lines are bad. Teams are getting consistent pressure on the QB only rushing 4 then dropping 7 into coverage with the 2 high safety look. Both Mahomes and Wilson are scrambling around and trying to get the deep ball when it’s not really there and your seeing INT’s that you don’t see from this caliber of QB. Both Seattle and Kansas City really struggle without the deep passing game and don’t seem to have any other way to move the ball consistently.

plenty of blame to go around on this team

As the O line goes, so goes the offense.  Take the Oline for granted at the detriment of the total offense.