[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Report: Most Bears players want Nagy fired

Wolverines Fan

https://bearswire.usatoday.com/2021/11/22/chicago-bears-players-want-matt-nagy-fired-report/

He apparently lost the locker room a while ago.

Edited by Wolverines Fan

They have never fired a head coach in season. It is too much to ask for.

I doubt they lose to the Lions, but they probably will if this report is true. Nagy is done. His act has worn thin.

Eta: just read a local report that he was informed yesterday that Thursday will be his last game with the Bears win or lose. 

Kind of a strange way to go about firing someone, if the report is true.

Edited by gilthorp

4 minutes ago, Finn5033 said:

Being reported by multiple sources that Nagy has been told he will be fired after the Thanksgiving day game

Oh for fooksakes.

Fire him now and at least allow the guy some dignity before putting him on national TV. This is pathetic.

(not a nagy fan - just feel like this should be handled a little better)

2 minutes ago, Chief Dick said:

Oh for fooksakes.

Fire him now and at least allow the guy some dignity before putting him on national TV. This is pathetic.

(not a nagy fan - just feel like this should be handled a little better)

Agreed, that was the first thing I thought. Like really your going to make this guy coach a game on Thanksgiving in front of the entire country knowing he’s been fired already

If true, this will give you a small glimpse of just how messed up the ownership is. To be frank, nothing changes here until the ownership does, and until Ted Phillips goes away. 

Pace is way over his head. Chasing Mitch and Mack, and now Fields has crippled this franchise. Sure, Pace is allowed to act like an over zealous dynasty GM, but Phillips allowed it to happen year in and year out, and allowed them to go into cap hell.

Watch them hire Ernie Acorsi yet again and f it up for another decade. This town is ready for a 2nd franchise...

Edited by gilthorp

1 hour ago, gilthorp said:

They have never fired a head coach in season. It is too much to ask for.

I doubt they lose to the Lions, but they probably will if this report is true. Nagy is done. His act has worn thin.

Eta: just read a local report that he was informed yesterday that Thursday will be his last game with the Bears win or lose. 

Kind of a strange way to go about firing someone, if the report is true.

Got "distracted" by work before I could post this, glad to see I'm not the only one who thinks this is a pretty manurety thing if true. 

"Please report to work for the next 3 days, then you're fired!"   

I mean why bother to show up, or make an effort, what are they going to do give him a bad review? 

Here's a report on NBC Sports that covers it

https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/bears/report-bears-fire-matt-nagy-after-thanksgiving-game

I also wonder how does the team play? Are the fired up to know he's finally going to get canned and play really hard? Or do they decide to send him off with a real stinker?  Not hard to do with some well timed penalties and missed plays. 

5 minutes ago, gilthorp said:

Maybe they will really screw it up long term and hire Jason Garret now that he's on the street. lol

I guess its that time of year. Interesting that in an interview after the game HC Judge indicated the coaching has not been good, but wouldn't comment on Garrett. Seems he didn't want to comment on the lack of player effort or poor execution. The announcers (think it was Riddick) was talking about Golladay and how he needs to step up and start doing something for the money he got paid. A few players later he points out how a little pass could have been a nice gain, if only Golladay made his block, but he whiffs then stands there like unconcerned. 

The offense sure did stink, how much of it is coaching how much is lack of talent or just guys who don't care. 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32695669/new-york-giants-joe-judge-points-finger-coaching-staff-loss-bucs-mum-jason-garrett-status-oc

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32699164/new-york-giants-fire-offensive-coordinator-jason-garrett-sources-say

7 hours ago, gilthorp said:

If true, this will give you a small glimpse of just how messed up the ownership is. To be frank, nothing changes here until the ownership does, and until Ted Phillips goes away. 

Pace is way over his head. Chasing Mitch and Mack, and now Fields has crippled this franchise. Sure, Pace is allowed to act like an over zealous dynasty GM, but Phillips allowed it to happen year in and year out, and allowed them to go into cap hell.

Watch them hire Ernie Acorsi yet again and f it up for another decade. This town is ready for a 2nd franchise...

Does Ernie still wear that squirrel on his head?   Give him 500k and a month, and he will throw a couple darts for the Bears next Head coach and GM

15 hours ago, stevegrab said:

The offense sure did stink, how much of it is coaching how much is lack of talent or just guys who don't care

Its surely all 3, but the bold part is the one thing that the team can immediately and directly impact.  Guys just dont care, and that shows in some play.   A pro level athlete (heck, V level!) shouldnt ened rah rah or a glad hand by the coaching staff to properly motivate.  its reprehensible.  

To Nagy's credit, the team's he has coached here never had a "care" problem. There is a fundamental coaching problem and communication issues continue to creep up in similar situations in games, on both sides of the ball, but especially on defense. That's on that clown. 

The Steelers and Ravens game ending drives were not about caring. It was about coaching.

I don't know how you can fire Nagy without firing Pace. Pace is the reason that they're in this mess. Look at what Nagy has been working with. He's had Trubisky, Dalton and Fields. All total scrubs that Pace brought in. He even traded up for Trubisky, passing on Mahomes and Deshaun Watson. Yes, Nagy sucks but Pace is the underlying issue. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

I don't know how you can fire Nagy without firing Pace. Pace is the reason that they're in this mess. Look at what Nagy has been working with. He's had Trubisky, Dalton and Fields. All total scrubs that Pace brought in. He even traded up for Trubisky, passing on Mahomes and Deshaun Watson. Yes, Nagy sucks but Pace is the underlying issue. 

agree.