[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How to Win

Invader

Hi, I'm new to this site, and clumsy at the thread... although I took it to be a thread about how to win at Fantasy Football? 

Okay, Number One.... it's not about the team you DRAFT, it's about the team you MANAGE....  I drafted TENTH... that's right, TENTH in a public yahoo league... RBs were not even an option.... and the RBs who fell to me, all got hurt... one week, due to injuries, I had to take the only two healthy RBs I could find.... then two of THEM got hurt... waiver wire again.... I went into the draft with a focus on RBs... even at 10th.... and the ones I got are all hurt.... yet I am 2nd in my league.... why? Improvise and adapt.... it's not the team you draft, it's the team you MANAGE. 

1 hour ago, Invader said:

Hi, I'm new to this site, and clumsy at the thread... although I took it to be a thread about how to win at Fantasy Football? 

Okay, Number One.... it's not about the team you DRAFT, it's about the team you MANAGE....  I drafted TENTH... that's right, TENTH in a public yahoo league... RBs were not even an option.... and the RBs who fell to me, all got hurt... one week, due to injuries, I had to take the only two healthy RBs I could find.... then two of THEM got hurt... waiver wire again.... I went into the draft with a focus on RBs... even at 10th.... and the ones I got are all hurt.... yet I am 2nd in my league.... why? Improvise and adapt.... it's not the team you draft, it's the team you MANAGE. 

OK Invader, I'll bite.

I am having a Management issue perhaps you can assist with....

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Invader said:

welcome to the forum!   Pretty sure the folks here are into lots of management discussion.  And just ignore the cynical, the sarcastic and the stupid (especially the vax/anti-vax detours a few people love to make).  We have them all.

Edited by Dcat

Now that's a way to welcome someone. Good job Dcat. People are so mean you may force the poster to set up multiple user names just so they can get the reception they covet.

Invader, if you are in fact new to this maddening hobby, you are spot on. Stick around long enough and you will see the owners who continually grind and speculate on players often have the most success. 

Big John, who said it? This is 95% luck and 5% luck?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Dickheads are dickheads, even on Thanksgiving. 

I dont think he is a dickhead.  Not in the least.  I dont know him/her.   I am not even implying it or insinuating it.  I think that people on this site, perhaps many or perhaps just a vocal dozen, are very comfortable with  left leaning pro Democrat political talking points but  bristle when the occassional person calls them out or calls their bluff by chiming in with an opposing viewpoint.   

Really, this is not a political forum.  It is not a Healthcare forum.  It is not an off topic forum.  It should be about football and football.  In that order.  

I'll continue to never lead with politics or healthcare related topics, but to always provide an alternative viewpoint so as to disassemble any semblance of an echo chamber for any ideology.  Perhaps then the management will clamp down on ALL forms political commentary, and do so at the onset instead of letting the an ideological echo chamber gain a foothold and only become aware when there's "a problem".  

Mini-rant from the new guy over.   

Happy thanksgiving all!  It's a beautiful day out, despite my primary fantasy team being in its death throes!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bobby Brown said:

You start the players that score the most points. 

This post is rated 0.001535774.   Is Grits still alive and kicking that crotchety bastard?

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

Y'all are putting in a lot of effort for a one and done poster

Well, Gil thinks he's the real deal, so just giving it a little more than a once over. 

16 minutes ago, gilthorp said:

I bet he comes back with a different user name like Tootie did.

I hope so, shows the ability to learn and make change, unlike some old grumpy folks around here. Who just got booted or left to scramble about with the riff raff.