[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

SNF Browns @ Ravens

Shorttynaz

Wow what an ugly game, that string of turnovers to end the first were especially disgusting. 17 rushing attempts for 40 yards by the Browns:sick:

The Browns inability to sustain drives and stop their opponents kills them once again. Even winning the turnover battle was pointless. 

26 minutes ago, purplemonster said:

Do you know what that is? I read something about them doing a lot of DB blitzes. But I don't specifically know 

I think that is part of it, Browns brought pressure from a DB at times up the middle, with that player also responsible to spy Lamar if he runs. 

The limited success on defense came mostly in keeping them out of 2nd and short plays.  That may go for most of the NFL. 

The Browns are in a tough spot. They seemingly have the defense in place. A solid running game and offensive line. A decent coach and it looks to be a good front office now.

And now Mayfield. What the heck do you do with that guy. I guess he plays out his contract and the Browns get one more year to evaluate him before they really have to decide if they want to pay him or not, but for an outside looking in he just isn't the answer.

I know he hasn't been healthy this year, but even when he was healthy I'm just not sure he's the guy. Sucks for Browns fans because that team reminds me so much of the late 80's and early 90's Chiefs when they never really had the QB. 

36 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

I think that is part of it, Browns brought pressure from a DB at times up the middle, with that player also responsible to spy Lamar if he runs. 

The limited success on defense came mostly in keeping them out of 2nd and short plays.  That may go for most of the NFL. 

Ah now that is interesting. 

I think the injuries to Mayfield, plus the OL injuries and lost games by Chubb and Hunt have really impacted the offense. Mayfield has played poorly, and honestly I think coaches should have sat him down instead of keep letting him play. Don't care how tough a competitor he is, he isn't helping you win. And he's looking scared and panicked. 

There were some really dumb penalties too, like having 12 men on defense after taking a time out to avoid 12 men on defense. 

While I really like our coach, he's not blameless in all this.

Every time there's a bad game (the last 3 really including barely beating the Lions with their backup QB). we hear the same old stuff about how they have games left, they need to play better and start winning. YEAH DUH!    The article below talks about how some of this is on the coaches, the Browns lead the NFL in pre-snap penalties and were bad again in that regard yesterday. 

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2021/11/kevin-stefanski-is-right-a-part-browns-problem-is-coaching-terry-plutos-postgame-scribbles.html

2 hours ago, purplemonster said:

Do you know what that is? I read something about them doing a lot of DB blitzes. But I don't specifically know 

It's a confusing zero (no deep safeties) look that sometimes brings an extra DB and others like Holland was coming and the Browns did quite a bit of. Gotta have a stout DL and have your CB's play aggressive man. Easier when you have Garrett, Clowney, Newsone and Ward.

What is strange is that it's a completely different look that now is on tape on how to befuddle Mahomes which is a deep cover 2 look, forcing a running game and shorter pass gains.

I am shocked that BAL hasn't drawn up a few beats on it yet, outside of chuck it up.

• Like 1