[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

That sinking feeling

gilthorp

You play the whole year, make draft mistakes like choosing the wrong Rams WR, and work the wire and hit a decent guy like Mitchell. But then your depth is tested and average points per week start falling, week after week.

You have a good team, it's been winning more than losing. You should make the playoffs so the inevitable peek into the playoff schedule. It not only looks unfavorable, the roster attrition requires more than a bandage and the wire is depleted.

Not a great feeling - i've felt this inevitable negative outcome to the season far more than I care to remember. One and done is on the horizon.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Shaft said:

This reads like the opening lines to a dramatic fantasy football movie. What's the title? 🤔 

Gilthorp

57 minutes ago, gilthorp said:

"THE 1.14"

"The 1.7"

Locked forever in mediocrity. Good enough to have a shot at sneaking into the playoffs, but not good enough to actually have a shot at winning. You're fodder for the chumps who couldn't manage a bye or, at best, an easy win in the 2nd round while other teams no longer in the playoffs bitch about how they could have done better.

"THE 1.04"

Never go early on a QB they say. What the hell, let's give it a roll and line up with Kamara, Nuke, then Mahomes. You don't struggle with this because Deebo in the 8th is the Kupp light prize of the draft.

With thoughts of Mahomes, Nuke, Kamara, Deebo, and now Javonte swirling through your brain of a potential playoff juggernaut, it all starts to unravel in crunch time.

Enough early wins puts you in the top quarter, and then the stars keep aligning week after week as teams that need to make their runs get bye'd, Covid, and IR'd. Playoffs, no problem...winning is in the hands of the injury Gods, and Mahomes turning it around.

Be this your only 12 team league, there's hope, but that sinking feeling still is prominent.

• Like 1

'Tis the season for that feelin', fa-la-la-la-laaaa...la-la-la-la

Deebo's hurt and now so's Thielen, fa-la-la-la-laaaa...la-la-la-la

Burrow almost lost a pinky, fa-la-la-la-la-la.... la-la-la

And the playoff schedule's stinky, fa-la-la-la-la.... la-la-la-la

TAKE IT RUSS!!!

• Haha 3

Thielen in that 1.14 sob story after Bobby Woods. Hard to come back from that.

Love the singing though. Pretty soon we can all drink the Griswold egg nog and hope for Uncle Eddie to bring us a hostage.

Edited by gilthorp
  • Haha 1

That sinking feeling when you expend a ton of draft capital to land guys like Chase Claypool because your RB/WRs are hurting and you know with just one more solid player you should easily dominate your division and be a playoff contender.

And after all of that, you get to Week 14 when the playoffs start, and Claypool is garbage and Keenan Allen and Adam Thielen are both likely out, and Barkley has been garbage too.  

So after all that work, you probably lose in the 1st round.  That's gonna be another sinking feeling.  :sad:  

41 minutes ago, gilthorp said:

That's it...the one and done sinking feeling. 

You have enough leagues that the burn is less though. 

Partially true; as this particular league I consider my "main league" as I've been in it the longest.  

Getting screwed in another dynasty where I lost Deebo and will be without Taylor and Goedert next week.  But that's just for playoff seeding.

Good luck to all next week, while I'm thinkin of it!  :tup: 

Wow! Thought I was immune to the injury bug this season! I’ve been the #1 seed since mid season and on a roll until Damien Harris went off on MNF to end that. Now playing a guy who’s out of it but still making moves to win. Don’t get me wrong, I like that as I do the same because someone else can be counting on you. My RBs have been the strength of my team but here’s my problem this week:

J Taylor on bye

Mixon iffy but looks like he’s playing (thank God)

Mitchell doesn’t look good

Ingram doesn’t look good

J Wilson iffy and don’t feel comfortable starting him anyway 

S Perine in case Mixon can’t go

Seems like it’s all falling apart at the absolute wrong time. I’m tied with #1 seed but he has tiebreaker. If I secure #2 and get a bye it means I won’t have to face him until the final. 3 teams 1 game behind . I own the tiebreaker on 2 of them and am 1-1 against the other. I lead the league by a mile in points for which could be my saving grace. Please fantasy gods let me keep the # 2 seed win or lose this week!

Rant over. Carry on

2 minutes ago, gilthorp said:

The 1.14 - Chapter 2

Lamar Jackson going down has demolished any hope you had in this sinking season.

The end to the shortest book in history.

Jackson got hurt today?  Huntley in?

Edited by irish

Just now, gilthorp said:

Ankle

If he's out for any length of time, the Ravens are toast. 

Lost 3 games this year by a combined total of less than 5 points, and then missed the playoffs by one game.  Been frustrating the last few seasons to the point it always seems to be a sinking feeling every Sunday lol.

The last few years it seems to me that redraft leagues are just pure luck. I know there was always some luck involved but how many backup RB's do you need to draft and hold over the season to keep a competitive lineup each week?  I'll admit this year I made some poor draft picks; Diggs over Tyreek probably cost me a game, but getting Hollywood Brown in the 9th round and Waddle in the 12th should have made up for it one would think.

You need to get lucky to draft guys that don't get injured or test positive for COVID at the wrong time to miss games (Henderson playing this week would have likely gotten me into the playoffs).  Not sure of the amount of games missed by top 24 draft picks over the last few years but it sure seems like an uptick to me over the last few years.

I am to the point I will probably take the money I put into redraft leagues and just do DFS or bet some games now that the on-line betting is legal where I am at.  I don't mind spending a few $$ of games of chance, but I at least would like to feel like I can have a little control of it.

1 hour ago, Judge Smales said:

Lost 3 games this year by a combined total of less than 5 points, and then missed the playoffs by one game.  Been frustrating the last few seasons to the point it always seems to be a sinking feeling every Sunday lol.

The last few years it seems to me that redraft leagues are just pure luck. I know there was always some luck involved but how many backup RB's do you need to draft and hold over the season to keep a competitive lineup each week?  I'll admit this year I made some poor draft picks; Diggs over Tyreek probably cost me a game, but getting Hollywood Brown in the 9th round and Waddle in the 12th should have made up for it one would think.

You need to get lucky to draft guys that don't get injured or test positive for COVID at the wrong time to miss games (Henderson playing this week would have likely gotten me into the playoffs).  Not sure of the amount of games missed by top 24 draft picks over the last few years but it sure seems like an uptick to me over the last few years.

I am to the point I will probably take the money I put into redraft leagues and just do DFS or bet some games now that the on-line betting is legal where I am at.  I don't mind spending a few $$ of games of chance, but I at least would like to feel like I can have a little control of it.

Right and the appeal is that you're not sick trying to hoard backup RBs. You can pick a completely different lineup each time, then again, so can everyone else. 

1.14 - lost cash and recently Lamar, Thielen, Mitchell...in as the 2 seed, no byes here. Playing a 7 that can go big, and Tyreek is probably due for a 40 pt. night... but it's the easiest 1st round match up. Still not feeling it. Handcuffed Thielen with Osborne for Monday. Need Lamar, Kelce, Saquon, and Waddle to go big.

1.04 - was competing for the bye and missed it to play the hottest team. High points the last 4 weeks for this team....Herbert Ekeler Godwin Fournette Kelce....I couldn't have been seeded worse. Time for Mahomes, Kamara, Deebo, and Nuke to step up.

I hate owning and playing against Kelce on Thursday.