[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Keenan Allen placed on Covid protocol

Big John

20 minutes ago, Coolhandsean said:

Very dumb

WHY?   You're the second one to label it DUMB, with no real input other than "they didn't change it".  There are millions of leagues and they don't all need to be run the same way. Is the league dumb if it doesn't have IDP, or a flex spot, or still has a kicker? 

We changed ours, but I could see some leagues not even thinking about it amidst all the chaos in some people's live these days. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, stevegrab said:

WHY?   You're the second one to label it DUMB, with no real input other than "they didn't change it".  There are millions of leagues and they don't all need to be run the same way. Is the league dumb if it doesn't have IDP, or a flex spot, or still has a kicker? 

We changed ours, but I could see some leagues not even thinking about it amidst all the chaos in some people's live these days. 

It's dumb because leagues shouldn't have playoffs while teams are on bye. That's FF league management 101. I'm sure some leagues didn't think of it. It's because they're dumb. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

It's dumb because leagues shouldn't have playoffs while teams are on bye. That's FF league management 101. I'm sure some leagues didn't think of it. It's because they're dumb. 

OK that is a legit reason, I figured people calling it dumb just meant the season is one game longer, so of course your regular season should be extended one game.

I'm pretty sure this is the latest bye weeks in NFL history, presumably related to the extension of the schedule by one more game/week. That is outside of the 1999-2001 seasons where there were an odd # of teams and at least one on bye every week. In those 3 seasons FF leagues had no choice but to have playoffs going on while teams were on bye, presumably just bad luck, not dumb. I know 20 years ago or more some leagues still had playoffs in the final week of the season, when players were often rested, over time most changed that. 

I just feel people toss around the term DUMB a lot, when they don't really know much about a decision being made, but it is "different than my league so its dumb". 

• Confused 1

39 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

OK that is a legit reason, I figured people calling it dumb just meant the season is one game longer, so of course your regular season should be extended one game.

I'm pretty sure this is the latest bye weeks in NFL history, presumably related to the extension of the schedule by one more game/week. That is outside of the 1999-2001 seasons where there were an odd # of teams and at least one on bye every week. In those 3 seasons FF leagues had no choice but to have playoffs going on while teams were on bye, presumably just bad luck, not dumb. I know 20 years ago or more some leagues still had playoffs in the final week of the season, when players were often rested, over time most changed that. 

I just feel people toss around the term DUMB a lot, when they don't really know much about a decision being made, but it is "different than my league so its dumb". 

That's dumb.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

15 hours ago, gilthorp said:

You like arguing on the innerwebs, and doing that is the definition of dumb.

And you're just an angry old fart. Go punch Virginia McCaskey in the face and get some of that anger out of your system. Or maybe your cousin Eddie will bring her to your home tied up nicely on Christmas. 

PS arguing on the net makes one dumb, virtually every poster here is DUMB. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Caveman_Nick said:

I got stiffed for a a league payout once upon a time…trying to remember who did that.  Someone from Arizona, I think.

Dopie is from Colorado I think :shrug: 

Edit - oh wait, he didn't stiff anyone, he just didn't show up for a live draft

Edited by darin3

16 minutes ago, Caveman_Nick said:

I got stiffed for a a league payout once upon a time…trying to remember who did that.  Someone from Arizona, I think.

I think that was one of the early Survivor leagues, something  like that.  I was in it, but don't remember who it was that ran it, But i remember you not getting paid.

PantherDave was the first thief I think.

Nsab screwed RR out of an entry fee

His brother Maruaders failed to make payouts on a baseball league.  so theres two thieves from Philly. typical