[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

We need to have rules in place for tanking

Henry Muto

We have teams playing inactive players when they have active players on the bench.  I understand everyone wants a better draft pick but we have to draw the line somewhere.  Teams who are playing bye and inactive players over active players should be penalized we are playing for VP's and every team matters for that and also we need competitive balance.  There are other teams that might need a certain team to win and it is fine if they try and lose but people are losing games with half their teams with inactive players.

We need to fix this.  There is no reason for this and it is unfair to everyone in the league.

A loss of draft spots could be in order and stiff penalties.

I agree, but how do you tell someone is intentionally tanking? I see some suspect team managing that makes me say "yes, they're tanking." But it's not always clear. For example, this past week I didn't have a starting QB because I didn't start Taysom Hill on Thursday, Hurts got ruled out for Sunday, and my 3rd QB is on Taxi and also ruled out. I was upset about it, but it wasn't tanking. 

If we do penalize, we need to be clear on how we determine tanking and how we will penalize.

There should be escalating penalties for playing a player on a bye or IR over an active player. The first time could be a warning, the next a cash or pick penalty, with each infraction being a bit stiffer than before. I'm in a couple leagues that I'm legally tanking. I traded my good assets leaving me with poor team, But I play my best lineup every week. 

• Like 1