rajncajn

What should the Saints do at QB?

7 hours ago, stevegrab said:

He didn't seem to do much with that chance, Panthers are still trying to figure out what to do at QB. Does he even get a chance to start next year? He had a nice start winning the first 3, but overall he was 4-5 and had a lower passer rating than any season in NY. 

I know, I was joshing.  I had him for 5 weeks, 3 of them were excellent.  I dont think he will start anywhere again.  He's a backup going forward.  

Not sure how much of a chance he's going to get,  but Book is starting Monday night. Saints will be missing somewhere around 21 players as well as a few coaches. It'll be like preseason meets playoffs. 

30 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

Not sure how much of a chance he's going to get,  but Book is starting Monday night. Saints will be missing somewhere around 21 players as well as a few coaches. It'll be like preseason meets playoffs. 

Yup, should be an ugly game which Miami wins and takes the Ravens #7 playoff spot after Miami started 1-7.  Wow!

12 hours ago, irish said:

Yup, should be an ugly game which Miami wins and takes the Ravens #7 playoff spot after Miami started 1-7.  Wow!

I need Mia defense to rake in the fantasy points tonight.  Let the Book burning begin.

• Haha 2

On 12/13/2021 at 8:38 PM, Dcat said:

Watson!

He wouldn’t have to move very far and can likely be had.

On 12/27/2021 at 11:34 AM, Dcat said:

I need Mia defense to rake in the fantasy points tonight.  Let the Book burning begin.

Well you def got your wish. I was up by 66 points with MIA D and Waddle left so didn't even pay attention to the game. I won by just 11, it was nuts. Sounds like a scarring way to start your NFL career. 9 sacks 

On 12/28/2021 at 7:44 AM, Chief Dick said:

We can close the book on that guy.

I'd hardly say that was any kind of indicator. Here's a look at what our offensive line looked like:

Available: Erik McCoy, Cesar Ruiz, Caleb Benenoch, James Hurst, Calvin Throckmorton, Will Clapp*, Forrest Lamp*, Kyle Murphy!*

Active roster, but injured: Terron Armstead%; On COVID-19: Ryan Ramczyk%, Jordan Mills, James Carpenter, Jerald Hawkins*. On IR/COVID-19: Landon Young; On IR: Andrus Peat.

Outside of quarterback, the offensive line is the position group with the biggest depth issues for offense — especially at tackle. Starting left tackle Terron Armstead was ruled out and Ryan Ramczyk, Jordan Mills and Jerald Hawkins are all on the COVID-19 list, so the only three available tackles to play are James Hurst, Caleb Benenoch and recently signed Kyle Murphy.

Note: Asterisks denote practice squad players. Percentage signs denote active-roster players who have been dealing with injuries. Exclamation points denote newly-signed players.

Missing all-pro left & right tackle as well as all-pro right guard and replacing them with practice squad & street guys is a recipe for disaster. Ruiz is garbage so far, but he's playing out of position through necessity. Never even heard of Benenoch. Clapp & Lamp are practice squad guys and Murphy was just signed. Not to mention, no Michael Thomas.

Edited by rajncajn
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, rajncajn said:

hardly say that was any kind of indicator

Agree. He was a 4th round draft pick, it's not like he was an undrafted free agent. They must of seen something in him.