[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Covid Dam

whomper

Is breaking. and just in time for everyone's playoffs . We had some notable guys go on the reserve this year but we are at like 50 this week and its only tuesday . I hope its more no name players than Marquee ( just for fantasy purposes of course , I wish none of these guys got it obviously) . We shall see 

Yea, I've been worried about some type of outbreak all year happening.  Hopefully none of these are serious cases.

In the one league I commish we set up some basic rules to try and cover this, especially with what happened with Higbee last night, the other TE on that teams roster was on a bye (H. Henry).

I am really hoping to not have to screw with this during our playoffs.

• Like 1

Our playoffs just started. We normally allow just one pick up per week. We are still doing that as far as regular waivers / free agents but we also implemented unlimited covid replacements 

Its both a disrupter and an equilizer.

If you havre a stellar team, you want everything to remain status quo.  If, perhaps, you have a less than stellar team, its like playing HS football (or most sports) in the rain or snow.  It tends to reduce the chasm between the better and lesser teams.

I had draft pick 7 and several early picks went poorly right out of the gate.  I've been a waiver whore all season due to this.  

The covid/injury bugs going around are field levelers.  

I dont "like it", but I really dont hate it like some guys do.  Mostly because my team has been average.  

I'd feel differently if I had Kupp, Cordarell, Taylor, Brady, Deebo, & Jefferson on my team.  I'd be crapping twinkies over the possibility of ANYTHING disrupting their playing time.  

Just one mans perspective. 

11 hours ago, whomper said:

Our playoffs just started. We normally allow just one pick up per week. We are still doing that as far as regular waivers / free agents but we also implemented unlimited covid replacements 

Ours is a keeper league, and we've always allowed extra players to be added during the playoffs, only for teams in the playoffs, and those moves are temporary (added players are dropped once you exit playoffs). Teams not in the playoffs are not allowed to add players. This week we already had one owner use all 4 extra spots we normally add to current limit (9 starters and 9 bench). So we may need to add more.

The issue I see with a special "COVID" or even more generic "injured" spots is rules around that and the administration by the commissioner. The same reason we don't have an IR slot, just more complexity than we want. 

Hopefully NFL teams get this under control, and it doesn't get to the point of seriously depleted rosters, like the Broncos with no QB last year. 

2 hours ago, millworkguy said:

We allow teams to post a backup player for the Sunday night and Monday game.  Before the other player has played you post your starter and their backup in case they are ruled out.

We do the same thing, but the player has to be questionable or doubtful to post a backup.  We have also allowed this players on the Covid list for this season.

Problem with this last Monday was Higbee wasn't on the injury report all week and then got put on the Covid list on Monday.  The owner was screwed in this case.

Like Steve stated all these extra rules can make for a real PIA for the commish.  Luckily the one league I commish has a good bunch of guys in it so no issues so far.

As of 12/15

Atlanta Falcons

LB Emmanuel Ellerbee (Dec. 13)

LB Quinton Bell (Dec. 13)

CB Cornell Armstrong (Dec. 13)

Baltimore Ravens

C Trystan Colon (Dec. 14)

Buffalo Bills

LB Tyrel Dodson (Dec. 13)

Chicago Bears

OL Larry Borom (Dec. 15)

NT Eddie Goldman (Dec. 14)

DB Artie Burns (Dec. 14)

DE Mario Edwards (Dec. 13)

OL Elijah Wilkinson (Nov. 26)

Cincinnati Bengals

LB Clay Johnston (Dec. 13)

Cleveland Browns

QB Baker Mayfield (Dec. 15)

CB Troy Hill (Dec. 15)

S John Johnson III (Dec. 15)

DT Malik McDowell (Dec. 15)

DE Ifeadi Odenigbo (Dec. 15)

TE Austin Hooper (Dec. 14)

WR Jarvis Landry (Dec. 14)

DE Takkarist McKinley (Dec. 14)

G Wyatt Teller (Dec. 14)

T Jedrick Wills (Dec. 14)

P Jamie Gillan (Dec. 9)

LB Anthony Walker (Dec. 9)

TE David Njoku (Dec. 7)

TE Stephen Carlson (Dec. 6)

Dallas Cowboys

WR Cedrick Wilson (Dec. 13)

Denver Broncos

OLB Malik Reed (Dec. 11)

RB Mike Boone (Dec. 10)

DB P.J. Locke (Dec. 10)

Detroit Lions

CB Mark Gilbert (Dec. 11)

LB Tavante Beckett (Dec. 11)

CB Ifeatu Melifonwu (Dec. 11)

RB Jamaal Williams (Dec. 10)

CB Tracy Walker (Dec. 10)

DB Bobby Price (Dec. 9)

Houston Texans

DB A.J. Moore (Dec. 15)

DL DeMarcus Walker (Dec. 15)

LB Christian Kirksey (Dec. 15)

LB Kamu Grugier-Hill (Dec. 13)

Indianapolis Colts

LB Zaire Franklin (Dec. 13)

Kansas City Chiefs

LB Willie Gay Jr. (Dec. 15)

DT Chris Jones (Dec. 14)

WR Josh Gordon (Dec. 13)

TE Jody Fortson (Dec. 10)

Los Angeles Chargers

T Rashawn Slater (Dec. 13)

C Scott Quessenberry (Dec. 9)

Los Angeles Rams

LB Justin Hollins (Dec. 15)

TE Johnny Mundt (Dec. 15)

TE Jared Pinkney (Dec. 15)

WR Odell Beckham Jr. (Dec. 14)

DB Terrell Burgess (Dec. 14)

TE Brycen Hopkins (Dec. 14)

DB Jordan Fuller (Dec. 14)

DB Juju Hughes (Dec. 14)

T Alaric Jackson (Dec. 14)

CB Jalen Ramsey (Dec. 13)

T Rob Havenstein (Dec. 13)

DB Dont'e Deayon (Dec. 13)

RB Darrell Henderson (Dec. 11)

Miami Dolphins

RB Phillip Lindsay (Dec. 13)

S Jevon Holland (Dec. 13)

RB Salvon Ahmed (Dec. 11)

RB Myles Gaskin (Dec. 10)

Minnesota Vikings

WR Dede Westbrook (Dec. 14)

RB Alexander Mattison (Dec. 13)

WR Dan Chisena (Dec. 13)

New England Patriots

TE Dalton Keene (Dec. 13)

RB J.J. Taylor (Nov. 29)

New Orleans Saints

RB Mark Ingram (Dec. 8)

DE Cameron Jordan (Dec. 6)

New York Giants

S Xavier McKinney (Dec. 15)

CB Aaron Robinson (Dec. 15)

LB Cam Brown (Dec. 15)

LB Oshane Ximines (Dec. 15)

WR John Ross (Dec. 15)

WR Kadarius Toney (Dec. 13)

OL Wes Martin (Dec. 6)

New York Jets

WR Justin Hardee (Dec. 13)

WR Jeff Smith (Dec. 10)

QB Mike White (Nov. 23)

Philadelphia Eagles

WR Quez Watkins (Dec. 13)

Pittsburgh Steelers

DT Montravius Adams (Dec. 15)

Tennessee Titans

WR Dez Fitzpatrick (Dec. 14)

Washington Football Team

CB Troy Apke (Dec. 15)

QB Kyle Allen (Dec. 15)

DT Matt Ioannidis (Dec. 15)

WR Cam Sims (Dec. 15)

LB Milo Eifler (Dec. 15)

S Darrick Forrest (Dec. 15)

OT Cornelius Lucas (Dec. 15)

TE Sammis Reyes (Dec. 15)

DB Kendall Fuller (Dec. 14)

DT Tim Settle (Dec. 14)

DT Jonathan Allen (Dec. 13)

DE Casey Toohill (Dec. 13)

LB David Mayo (Dec. 13)

DE James Smith-Williams (Dec. 11)

LB Khaleke Hudson (Dec. 10)

DE Montez Sweat (Dec. 8)

9 hours ago, Judge Smales said:

We do the same thing, but the player has to be questionable or doubtful to post a backup.  We have also allowed this players on the Covid list for this season.

Problem with this last Monday was Higbee wasn't on the injury report all week and then got put on the Covid list on Monday.  The owner was screwed in this case.

Like Steve stated all these extra rules can make for a real PIA for the commish.  Luckily the one league I commish has a good bunch of guys in it so no issues so far.

Un my leagues the player hasn't had to be questionable or doubtful,  just in a position where the owner likely doesn't have an available backup (so Sunday/Monday night games) and up till now there hasn't been any additwork for the commish (9ther then making a weekly thread to post the players in, as No-one has had a player have to be out.

It could be a pita but we are living and dealing with imperfect information so I appreciate the attempt to work with owners and not see a season lost because of a last minute covid case (or false positive)

41 minutes ago, Shaft said:

Reports are showing that this is mostly the omicron variant. Most cases are asymptomatic. This has become dominant in my field of work also. 

There is a chance, like maybe 5-10%, that Omicron is our ticket out of this hellscape.

It's still too early to know, but a virus variant that takes over Delta and causes milder or no disease in vaccinated people - low hospitalizations and low deaths - may be a sign that the worst is behind us. Wouldn't that be something?

I hope all these NFL players recover quickly and can get back to their regular lives.

• Like 3