[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Covid Dam

whomper

7 hours ago, stethant said:

There is a chance, like maybe 5-10%, that Omicron is our ticket out of this hellscape.

It's still too early to know, but a virus variant that takes over Delta and causes milder or no disease in vaccinated people - low hospitalizations and low deaths - may be a sign that the worst is behind us. Wouldn't that be something?

I hope all these NFL players recover quickly and can get back to their regular lives.

That's the typical evolution of a disease that is going to survive.  More contagious but less morbidity.  Killing the host is bad for survival. 

Ultimately it will hopefully devolve into another coronavirus species that just causes the common cold, like most of the rest.   The one unique thing about Covid-19 though is its ability to generate a severe host immune response.   That's what has killed most.  Perhaps it will lose that gene.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 6kings said:

Yep

Raise the cycles of the test,you get more cases! I wonder how many are false positives :thinking:

Higbee had a false positive Monday

Actual American daily cases have more then trippled in 2 weeks, I wonder what happened.  Would that effect sports teams as well?  100,000 fans in the stands, 

(I'm done on this)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, millworkguy said:

Actual American daily cases have more then trippled in 2 weeks, I wonder what happened.  Would that effect sports teams as well?  100,000 fans in the stands, 

(I'm done on this)

Omicron.  With home testing now common, it's becoming harder to track variants.  But, the rapid outbreaks that have been tracked appear to be from the Omicron variant.  

If I was an owner or head coach, I'd tell my players to sit in their damn mansions and avoid everybody.  All they have to do is not get sick and bring a complete team to the stadium.  At the rate we're going the Jaguars will be the only team left to win the superbowl.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 1fastdoc said:

Omicron.  With home testing now common, it's becoming harder to track variants.  But, the rapid outbreaks that have been tracked appear to be from the Omicron variant.  

If I was an owner or head coach, I'd tell my players to sit in their damn mansions and avoid everybody.  All they have to do is not get sick and bring a complete team to the stadium.  At the rate we're going the Jaguars will be the only team left to win the superbowl.

That would be so damned funny and fitting for this season.  

16 hours ago, Big John said:

New NFL rules will require all players and staff to wear a mask inside team facilities, but will speed up the process for return for vaccinated asymptotic staff.

Posted this in another thread, but felt its a good fit here.

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-updates-covid-19-protocols-to-allow-for-quicker-return-from-quarantine-for-v

As I said, individual threads for every player or group of players is going to be a lot of clutter in this forum. 

• Sad 2