Sign in to follow this  
Montana is da Man

Playoff pickup

Recommended Posts

I am in a 12 team PPR league where 4 teams make the playoffs.  I am in the playoffs.  We are only allowed 1 pickup throughout the playoffs.  

 

My starting rbs currently are Mixon and Eli Mitchell.

 

My backup rbs are Wilson, Sanders, McKissic and Perine.  

 

With Mitchell questionable,  should I pick up Stevenson or Penny for this week?  Or would you be comfortable rolling with Wilson, Sanders or McKissic?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you can wait it out and see what Harris's status is today and Saturday I would.  Hamstrings are dangerous and if it lingers or he tweaks it Stevenson can be a huge boost to a backfield for the playoffs.  He's currently holding a bench spot for this reason on my team.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, mtraider27 said:

If you can wait it out and see what Harris's status is today and Saturday I would.  Hamstrings are dangerous and if it lingers or he tweaks it Stevenson can be a huge boost to a backfield for the playoffs.  He's currently holding a bench spot for this reason on my team.  

 

I can wait.....but im sure others have him in their sites too......if for no other reason than to block me.  But the 1 move over 2 weeks makes it really hard.  I think my rbs are weaker than my wrs.  I also have the #1 waiver spot of the 4 teams so if somebody gets injured on Sunday, id be guaranteed to get next weeks hot pickup for the championship. 

 

My wrs are Adams, AJ Brown, M. Williams, Van Jefferson

 

We start 2 rbs and 2 wrs......no flex

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With the way Philly has been running the ball I can go with Sanders as a patch this week since your wrs at so strong. I would wait on the pick up if Stevenson is picked up I would roll with Sanders and bank on your wrs carrying those extra points

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd rather have Penny than Wilson. This week could be tougher, but against Chi and Det after that looks good if needed to come off bench if Mitchell still has issues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What do you guys say now that we know Harris is out this week?

 

After last night, I'm down 10 points (His ekeler vs my Mike Williams)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/16/2021 at 8:47 AM, Montana is da Man said:

I am in a 12 team PPR league where 4 teams make the playoffs.  I am in the playoffs.  We are only allowed 1 pickup throughout the playoffs.  

 

My starting rbs currently are Mixon and Eli Mitchell.

 

My backup rbs are Wilson, Sanders, McKissic and Perine.  

 

With Mitchell questionable,  should I pick up Stevenson or Penny for this week?  Or would you be comfortable rolling with Wilson, Sanders or McKissic?  

This seems like a ridiculous rule. I think you need to hold them waiver until absolutely necessary. Do you have 2 QBs/2 TEs? You could lose any given starter to COVID at any moment or games could get canceled. I would hold it for as long as possible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, squirrelmastr21 said:

This seems like a ridiculous rule. I think you need to hold them waiver until absolutely necessary. Do you have 2 QBs/2 TEs? You could lose any given starter to COVID at any moment or games could get canceled. I would hold it for as long as possible.

 

Nope, 1 qb and 1 te.  I would also need to carry 2 def and 2 k's

 

I agree its a crappy rule but its been a rule for 25 years

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Because of waiver rule want to say hold it but I think you need to grab Rhomandre given your RB situation

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, FastSteve said:

Because of waiver rule want to say hold it but I think you need to grab Rhomandre given your RB situation

 

I grabbed him.  I think I needed him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Montana is da Man said:

 

I grabbed him.  I think I needed him

Did you play Stevenson, bummer if you did.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Yoyo said:

Did you play Stevenson, bummer if you did.

 

I did, I am done in that league.  I played Mime Williams, pats d, folk and stevenson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.