[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tyler Lockett on Covid List

League_Champion

46 minutes ago, FinishTheDrill said:

Yep.   Its a heck of a thing, when you cant control everything.  

Yea.  It's like something that happens by chance instead of being under one's control.

They should make a word for that now that you've ended up agreeing that it isn't really skill.:yay:

22 minutes ago, Bobby Brown said:

Yea.  It's like something that happens by chance instead of being under one's control.

They should make a word for that now that you've ended up agreeing that it isn't really skill.:yay:

If there is no skill in navigating changes, then FF is 100% not skill.  If thats the case, you wouldnt have people who continually win or rank highly, would you?

Its all luck?  OK.  Then its all luck bobby.   Is that your point?  FF is all luck?  

ok.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, FinishTheDrill said:

Yeah, I just did.  The locked lineups is a problem I dont have, so I didnt consider it before.  

As far as playing for 30 years, thats great.  I dont think it changes anything in my comments.  The locked lineups though, yes.  Definitely.   Then this is all a kick in the nuts.

Locked lineups could be a problem for sure, same with rosters that lock before players games. 

Reading here about leagues that made adjustments for COVID this year it sounds like the big stakes leagues did not, that is unfortunate.

• Like 1

On 12/17/2021 at 5:55 PM, FinishTheDrill said:

Then its all luck bobby.   Is that your point?  FF is all luck? 

No.  The discussion was specific to CV affecting FF strategy.  In one post you claim the situation is an added benefit to skillful owners.  In a subsequent post, in getting the last word over Bier for arguments sake, you claim the situation as being out of one's control.

My point was that your repeated attempts at dismissive and clever quips were a direct contradiction to your original position. 

I've been a part of FFPC high stakes for years.  Our single team in main event, has either won regular season league championships and/or playoff league championships in 7 out of the last 9 years.  We ended up as the highest scoring regular season teams a couple years ago and have ended up in the top 20 once and top 10 once during the championship round during that time.  

We've been drafting and acquiring players for "deep teams" for decades. So it sounds silly when you guys claim to have some new cheat code. 

Getting games pushed days ahead with CV, somehow benefiting "skilled" owners for lineup decisions may work in your local.  It doesn't work in mine nor my dynasty league.  And it certainly doesn't work to an advantage in high stakes.  It tweaks the luck meter.  

Edited by Bobby Brown
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, stevegrab said:

Locked lineups could be a problem for sure, same with rosters that lock before players games. 

Reading here about leagues that made adjustments for COVID this year it sounds like the big stakes leagues did not, that is unfortunate.

In FFPC they moved the 2nd weekly blind bid waiver run from Friday night until Sunday morning before kickoff.  That certainly mitigates some of the issues, but not lineup decisions for players pushed out for a Tuesday game.

Also, this BS for the NFL in general.  Teams with minimal CV issues now deal with short rest, the following week, for a problem they didn't contribute to.

• 2 weeks later...

So in our league just another reason why I've given up on FF next year at least until this Covid crap is done (a totally different discussion on whether this will ever be allowed to happen).

So a team in the semi finals had both Allen Robinson and Mike Williams out last week.  As Williams was unvaxxed and had to be out for 10 days he was dropped to pick up another WR.  Per the NFL protocols he could not come back until week 18 (our season ends week 17).

Now this week the NFL changes the rules and the guy who dropped him wasn't able to get him back on waivers.  This team is in the thick of still getting some.money back for total points and not real happy.  Can't say I blame him one bit, just continuing the NFL $#&+show this year.

Good luck to all still playing for something this week.

39 minutes ago, Judge Smales said:

So in our league just another reason why I've given up on FF next year at least until this Covid crap is done (a totally different discussion on whether this will ever be allowed to happen).

So a team in the semi finals had both Allen Robinson and Mike Williams out last week.  As Williams was unvaxxed and had to be out for 10 days he was dropped to pick up another WR.  Per the NFL protocols he could not come back until week 18 (our season ends week 17).

Now this week the NFL changes the rules and the guy who dropped him wasn't able to get him back on waivers.  This team is in the thick of still getting some.money back for total points and not real happy.  Can't say I blame him one bit, just continuing the NFL $#&+show this year.

This same thing happened to me.  Once a player is dropped in the fantasy playoffs, end of his fantasy season. Picked up Guyton. But then the NFL changes its Covid Rule and voila... Mike Williams is a top 10 WR.  Guyton just a dart throw.  The host site is RTS and they would be crazy to change the league rules.  

• Like 1

On 1/1/2022 at 12:45 PM, Judge Smales said:

So glad this season is finally over.   So the guy who picked up Mike Williams in our league wins the championship because of this.  Williams outscored his replacement WR by 5 points and he wins the game by 3.

Couldn't have turned into a worse outcome in this league.  I'll let those two guys hash this out amongst themselves, not many kind words between them on the message board, lol

Congratulations to everyone who brought home the trophy this year.

Edited by Judge Smales
Typo