[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Covid Tracker

League_Champion

Not sure if this is a true "tracker" that is going to be updated and have good information, considering it doesn't show Keenum who I heard about 10 hours ago. It appears to just be a news story using the COVID TRACKER in the title, and not updated since posted around 1PM Thursday.

This might work better, seems to be a real tracker that they'll be updating regularly (includes the recent Browns players).

https://www.sharpfootballanalysis.com/analysis/covid-19-list-tracker-for-players-nfl-policies/

• Like 1

Browns G Wyatt Teller has been activated from the COVID list (not yet reflected on that tracker page).

DE JaDeveon Clowney was added to the list yesterday, and is NOT likely to be available tomorrow. He was absent from practice on Thursday with an "illness" hopefully nothing serious.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/browns-activating-wyatt-teller-covid-161925405.html

Doesn't sound like any other Browns were removed from the COVID list, including Stefanski. Heck the punter Gilliam is still on the list from last week.  I believe they have until 2PM to submit their active roster for the game today. This story linked below has an update in the last hour,  so it may get more updates. 

other key offensive players out with COVID = Landry, Hooper, OL Wills & Hudson

The D has been hit far worse, DL = Clowney, McDowell  LB = Phillips, Wilson  DB = Hill, Green, Harrison, Delpit

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2021/12/how-the-browns-depth-chart-looks-ahead-of-mondays-game-against-the-raiders.html

ETA

Browns are not the only Cleveland entertainment group with COVID outbreaks, the Cavs had a game yesterday postponed due to a bunch of positive tests, and the Cleveland Orchestra had to cancel some shows on the weekend for the same situation. 

Edited by stevegrab

48 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Doesn't sound like any other Browns were removed from the COVID list, including Stefanski. Heck the punter Gilliam is still on the list from last week.  I believe they have until 2PM to submit their active roster for the game today. This story linked below has an update in the last hour,  so it may get more updates. 

DB John Johnson was activated from Covid. yahoo link

12 minutes ago, Big John said:

DB John Johnson was activated from Covid. yahoo link

Thanks he was on the active list in the Cleveland.com link I posted, but that COVID tracker link in the first post doesn't have any recent Browns updates. Too bad, I was hoping it would be a good up to date source for people that need it. 

The latest news out of Cleveland, no real info aside from what we have already, but its close enough to 2PM that this is likely the final list of Browns available to play today.

weather - After some rain and cloudy skies yesterday the sun has been out most of the day, temps in the mid 40s for a high, but dropping into upper 30s during the game. No precipitation expected, winds are mild, well for CLE (15mph with gusts near 30). 

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2021/12/browns-will-start-nick-mullens-at-quarterback-against-raiders-activate-john-johnson-iii.html

19 minutes ago, gilthorp said:

6/60/1 from Njoku is probably too much to ask.

Possibly, he's only been targeted more than 6 times once this season, but that was usually with Hooper active, and one of Landry or OBJ. He had 6 or more targets 10 times in his first 2 years (before many of those weapons were on the team). The yardage may not be too much, its the all important TD. 

13 hours ago, Dcat said:

over halfway there minus the TD, which he should have had.  His heel hit the line

Sorry I was hoping he'd get people the points they needed, and help the Browns win a very winnable game. But that catch (almost) was an example of what I mentioned earlier, he can make some insanely hard catches, but other times just drops an easy one. 

16 minutes ago, whomper said:

Now they are saying he isnt on the list 

Who is saying that? Where? 

Here's a big name added to the list yesterday, Travis Kelce

https://www.nfl.com/news/chiefs-te-travis-kelce-placed-on-reserve-covid-19-list

43 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Sorry I was hoping he'd get people the points they needed, and help the Browns win a very winnable game. But that catch (almost) was an example of what I mentioned earlier, he can make some insanely hard catches, but other times just drops an easy one. 

Who is saying that? Where? 

Here's a big name added to the list yesterday, Travis Kelce

https://www.nfl.com/news/chiefs-te-travis-kelce-placed-on-reserve-covid-19-list

saw this on CBS

(15 hrs ago) Ekeler didn't practice Monday, but he wasn't among the seven Chargers placed on the reserve/COVID-19 list, Daniel Popper of The Athletic reports.

Popper reported earlier Monday that Ekeler was headed to the list, but the Chargers elected to forgo deactivating the running back, at least for the time being. Los Angeles won't release its first Week 16 injury report until Wednesday, so it won't be known until that time why Ekeler was kept off the field Monday. In any case, coach Brandon Staley told Popper that Ekeler is day-to-day, so the 26-year-old seemingly has a chance to play Sunday against the Texans.

11 minutes ago, whomper said:

saw this on CBS

(15 hrs ago) Ekeler didn't practice Monday, but he wasn't among the seven Chargers placed on the reserve/COVID-19 list, Daniel Popper of The Athletic reports.

Popper reported earlier Monday that Ekeler was headed to the list, but the Chargers elected to forgo deactivating the running back, at least for the time being. Los Angeles won't release its first Week 16 injury report until Wednesday, so it won't be known until that time why Ekeler was kept off the field Monday. In any case, coach Brandon Staley told Popper that Ekeler is day-to-day, so the 26-year-old seemingly has a chance to play Sunday against the Texans.

Thanks, I see now that some reports prior to that said "he was expected to be placed on the COVID list". 

Im glad the NFL softened the requirements to get players back a little faster . I dont want anyone contagious being rushed back but an asymptomatic guy with negative tests should be able to be activated 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, whomper said:

Im glad the NFL softened the requirements to get players back a little faster . I dont want anyone contagious being rushed back but an asymptomatic guy with negative tests should be able to be activated 

Yes that's a good change, just a bit surprised more players are not coming off the list faster. Browns still have a lot of guys on the list for a week or more, Five players went on the list between 12/6 & 12/9, the punter Gillan is still on it (from 12/9), another 10 players went on the list on 12/14 just 2 returned for this week (one after 4 days another after 6). I count 22 players still on the COVID list, how many of those can we expect back in 4 days for Christmas? 

I heard last night that the NHL is pausing their season. 

* the link I posted earlier is updated maybe daily as I see things from yesterday now like Browns Johnson who returned