Sign in to follow this  
Irvin088

I'm Officially the Buffalo Bills of my Keeper League

Hi All-

This is not meant to be a complaint post - I genuinely want feedback.

Just capped off another heartbreaking playoff loss - needed Dalvin Cook to score 10 (standard format) and he put up 8.  I've been in this keeper league for 10 years now, have by far the best regular season record at 82-39 (72-25 over last 8 seasons) and have made it to 5 of the last 7 championship games just to lose them all.

How do you stay optimistic when you get your heart ripped out over and over again?  I know it's just a game and I will get over it, but I am full tilt right now.

FFL History.jpg

I can relate , yet I consider myself more of a Brett Favre because I did win one . Our league is 25 years old. Ive probably participated in 5-6 of the superbowls . Im 1-5. Been top seed and high points plenty of times too. Its an argument for more of a roto format but that just isnt as fun as head to head 

Edited by whomper

I am in a dynasty here with a bunch of Huddle owners. I suck. The same owners are good year over year, it's as uncompetitive as college football. Sure, there are one or two that squeak in occasionally and a few that choose to drop out and rebuild so they can rise again. But, being stuck in the middle or definitely the bottom half is a labor.

There is no optimism. It's a yearly donation. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I'd rather be in that position than my own, where I average a finishing position out of the playoffs, or I barely make it in. I've had 2-3 really good years in the past 20 or so, even made the championship game one year. I won it all long ago, before we started running the league online. 

Being one of the co-commish in a league where few want to participate in decision making, let alone to help as commish hasn't helped. Both myself and the other commish (who started the league, combo of his friends and our co-workers) are wondering how much longer we  last. Only redeeming factor lately is some new blood winning the title. 

Consider taking a year off, but if its a long standing league you may not get back in. Maybe shift up some strategies. Sounds like you just have bad luck, and its really hard to make a strategy to overcome that. 

I’m in season 12 of my 12 man std scoring league I run. I’ve only missed the playoffs once, made the championship 5 times and never won. Many times had the highest scoring or 2nd highest scoring team only to have them fall flat when I needed it most. I’m right in it again this season. 2nd highest scoring team ended up with the 3rd seed. Have a very good chance to win and advance.

It honestly doesn’t bother me that much. Don’t get me wrong I’d love to finally win one but I do this more for the camaraderie than anything. We still do in person drafts, I make a draft board and everybody walks up and writes their own picks on the board. It’s very competitive and everybody wants to win bad.

In the 14th season of a 10 team .5 PPR league. I’ve made that championship 3 time and am 1-2. 

So between 2 leagues I’m 1-7 in championship games

Edited by Finn5033