[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2022 Rule Change proposal- schedule

Trojanmojo

With the added week this year to the NFL schedule we have the option to lengthen our schedule by a week. To keep the schedules balanced I propose we add an all-play week in week 1 where all teams compete against the league average score for the week in their league. We did this in another league of mine and it worked a lot better than I’d anticipated and think it’s a good and fair option for our league. What say ye? It would bring us to a 15 game schedule and still a 2 week postseason.

5 hours ago, devilwoman said:

I like that idea...could be fun.....

I’d vote against it due to the unbalanced schedule that would create. If anything I think we play against the league average in week one then continue with the current setup or just keep as is.

Edited by Trojanmojo

my idea was to fill an empty week. i dont think we count the game for anything. just to play instead of sitting on the sidelines.

if we have an open week (like this coming week) with no matches, why not try it?

2 hours ago, dug said:

my idea was to fill an empty week. i dont think we count the game for anything. just to play instead of sitting on the sidelines.

if we have an open week (like this coming week) with no matches, why not try it?

Got it. We can vote on it but I personally don’t see the point of a week of exhibition games and I’m not sure how to implement games in the schedule that don’t count towards the standings or playoffs. I’d vote against. 

I’d still rather have what I proposed as it still allows a balanced schedule, counts towards the standings and is easy and low-maintenance for the commish to implement.

The rest of the league can chime In on this though and we’ll figure it out. I’m just 1 of 16 pirates so if everyone feels strongly about a certain concept I’d have to be open to it.

Edited by Trojanmojo

i am fine with what you propose for next year to balance the schedule- perhaps week 1.

that will get us through with the championship game on week 17. 

we can still play week 18 with what i propose as an exhibition game just to pair off the 2 leagues.

i wouldnt mind having players to be rooting for during week 18.

I’ll ruminate on it and see if there’s a way to do it. Maybe week 18 ….Could do them like a pirate duel with a booty for the winners that week of $5. 1s play 8s, 2s play 7s etc… or the 1s play the 1s , the 2s play the 2s etc.

Edited by Trojanmojo