[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Vikings vs Packers (SNF)

League_Champion

37 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Cook missed the week 16 game with COVID, did he "directly contribute to them missing the playoffs"? Does this apply to every player that tests positive and misses time? Or just the unvaccinated because they are more likely to miss time, or miss more time?

Was Cousins taking extra risks outside the facility to cause him to get COVID?

Keep interpreting the FACTS any which way way you want   But both of you are denying the truth:  Again... this is not an opinion.. it is a fact. 

Had Cousins been vaccinated, he could have been eligible to play in week 17 and the team would have had a chance. Period.  There is NOTHING you can say to deny this other than change the topic to other players who were out at different times.   But go ahead and keep trying if it makes you happy.  

5 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Keep interpreting the FACTS any which way way you want   But both of you are denying the truth:  Again... this is not an opinion.. it is a fact. 

Had Cousins been vaccinated, he could have been eligible to play in week 17 and the team would have had a chance. Period.  There is NOTHING you can say to deny this other than change the topic to other players who were out at different times.   But go ahead and keep trying if it makes you happy.  

If vaccinated Cousins COULD/MIGHT have been cleared to play.  Plenty of vaccinated players tested positive and missed games. And from what I can gather he tested positive on Friday, 2 days before the game, even if vaccinated his chances of clearing protocol and playing were not that high, even with the revised protocols. Since he was not vaccinated he had ZERO chance to play. 

Those are the facts, which you can interpret as you like. Which seems to be "blame only the unvaxxed players". 

9 hours ago, Dcat said:

Whether the protocols are ridiculous or not is not the issue.  He failed to clear them and couldn't play.  Had he played, they would have had a chance.  Those are facts.  Not opinions. 

Ummm, I didn't say the protocols are the issue.  I said that's a separate issue, which it is.  Cousins not playing decreased their chances of beating GB, sure.  But, the bottom line is that it was a long-shot either way.  He didn't "single-handedly" do anything.  Their chances of making the playoffs were shot when they lost the games they should have won.  Had they won even a third of those, they'd be in the playoffs.  Had they won just one of the six I mentioned (like DET at home), their chances of making the playoffs, going into GB, would have doubled.  Not winning them, their chance of making the playoffs going into that GB game (with or without Cousins) was LESS THAN 10 PERCENT.  So, no, Cousins not playing didn't really change the likelihood that they make the playoffs much at all.  We're talking about something like a 5% chance going down to 2%.  Slim to none either way.  Had MIN simply beaten DET at home, their chances would have gone up exponentially.  

Last time (I hope):

Fact: If vaccinated, Cousins had a chance to play.  I didn't create the rule. He wasn't vaxxed, so he had to stay out longer.  His choice.  Bad luck for the team, I'd say.  

If he played, their chances of winning and ultimately getting to playoffs greatly increased.  No Guarantees.  These are facts no matter how hard you try to read more into it than I just said.  I'll retract the hyperbole "single-handed".  I'll change that to "a major contributor" to eliminating themselves from the playoffs.  Hope that's better for you all?   

Sorry for Vikings fans that he chose not to get vaxxed.  It's on him.

6 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Last time (I hope):

Fact: If vaccinated, Cousins had a chance to play.  I didn't create the rule. He wasn't vaxxed, so he had to stay out longer.  His choice.  Bad luck for the team, I'd say.  

If he played, their chances of winning and ultimately getting to playoffs greatly increased.  No Guarantees.  These are facts no matter how hard you try to read more into it than I just said.  I'll retract the hyperbole "single-handed".  I'll change that to "a major contributor" to eliminating themselves from the playoffs.  Hope that's better for you all?   

How many vaccinated players tested positive and play 2 days later ??? 

It is clear that for you this is all about him being vaccinated or not, and since he was not he did something bad and single handily cost them their chance at the playoffs. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

It is clear that for you this is all about him being vaccinated or not, and since he was not he did something bad and single handily cost them their chance at the playoffs. 

You can distort and alter and assume my motives all you want.  You are completely wrong.  I also noticed that you have a bizzare passion for always getting in the last word on everything around here.  Speaks volumes about who I am talking to here.  Be done with this now or continue to be a little biatch, your choice. 

Edited by Dcat

7 minutes ago, Dcat said:

You can distort and alter and assume my motives all you want.  You are completely wrong.  I also noticed that you have a bizzare passion for always getting in the last word on everything around here.  Speaks volumes about who I am talking to here.  Be done with this now or continue to be a little biatch, your choice. 

I keep posting because you keep up the same "Cousins would have played if vaccinated" myth. Based on what? You have some examples of players testing positive on Friday and playing up on Sunday?  I've asked that multiple times, yet you have not responded once. 

Yes since he was not vaccinated he had zero chance, instead of a very small close to zero chance. 

I can agree with it being a bad idea for Cousins (a key player without a decent backup) to not be vaccinated and create that extra risk regarding his ability to play. But that doesn't mean he is solely responsible for them missing the playoffs, especially as Gopher points out even with him their chance of beating GB was low, plus as I pointed out since he tested positive so close to the game even if vaccinated he was probably going to miss the game. 

The return to play protocols were changed on I believe the 28th of December. The return to play protocols are now no different for vaccinated or unvaccinated players. If a player tests positive for COVID they have to quarantine for 5 days minimum. So for Cousins, his unvaccinated status made no difference. He tested positive on 12/31 which gave him no chance to play either way

Found that info in an article from The Athletic and The NY Times 

Edited by Finn5033
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Dcat said:

Last time (I hope):

Whether you state something once or 100 times, if it's incorrect, it's incorrect.  Repeating it ad nauseam doesn't make it any more accurate.  It's still incorrect.  :shrug:

Let me spell it out for you one more time.  Before the GB game, MIN had almost no chance of making the playoffs.  In other words, they not only needed to win out (including beating GB on the road), but also needed help from several other teams.  Even with Cousins playing, that was a tall task, and the odds were less than 10-to-1 of that all happening.  Him playing wouldn't have "greatly increased" their chances, and he certainly wasn't a "major contributor" to them being eliminated, either.  If anything, he was one of the main reasons that they still had any chance at all, at that point.  

Cousins not playing may have been the final nail in the coffin, in terms of their playoff chances.  But, if the coffin had 100 nails, the first 99 had nothing to do with Cousins.  

• Thanks 1