[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

WFT to be renamed on February 2.

Big John

The timing comes after the conference championship games were played.

Maybe they go with hogs, but not sure that would be acceptable. An article I read mentioned Redhogs as one option from a list, but made it clear that WFT is tight lipped. The team did say that Wolves and Redwolves were both eliminated due to too many conflicts with other WOLVES.

If they are going to change it from just FT, It has to be something that actually represents the City's personality.  

Carpetbaggers?   Hmmm.  Fits a bunch but not all.   WashingtonLobbyists is probably more appropriate.    SwampCritters, SellOuts, or Hucksters would be fitting.  Liars.  WTF!?   I can now see what they just stayed with WFT. 

27 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

I thought it was already leaked that it would be Admirals.

Is the Washington Football Team's new name 'the Admirals'? (nypost.com)

I'm not an internet genius, but I'm pretty sure anybody can buy/register a domain, (whateverilike.com) and direct it to some other domain. 

Is it the Admirals? Maybe but I don't think that is proof, but in today's "got to be first to scoop even mundane news items" world I get that these folks want us to believe that they KNOW something. Sorry but so much of the "news" is just speculation or opinion these days it is really annoying.

• Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...

Well it's happening in the DC area.  People there who believe it will be "The Commanders" are starting to call the WFT the "Commies".  Here is a post from a Washington D.C. Jet fan friend of mine regarding the possibility of Sam Darnold going to Washington if they draft a QB this year or next...  the reference is the use of the soon-to-be team name that he said has become common there. 

If his agent is smart, the first call they're making is to the Washington Commies, because Sam, weak tho he has been, would still be a upgrade to Taylor Heinicke.

That's gonna be the thing for Sam, same as it was for Sanchez post-Jets.  They're proven busts now.  They'll have to find a spot to get some "waiting for the new draft pick" starts, or spot starts, and really make something of those opportunities.

The Commies look to be drafting a QB this cycle. but whomever they draft assuredly won't be ready to be a day 1 starter, this isn't that kind of draft class.  If they go with a Pickett, for example, I could easily see a "hold the fort" starter, a Darnold, a Trubisky, etc. brought in to play QB for the first half of the season or more.

Getting our of dysfunctional Carolina and it's overreliance on a single fragile RB would probably be good for Sam.

But it'd be up to him to actually make something of what might be his last opportunity to do so.  The NFL doesn't generally give fourth chances to start to bust QB's.

mccarthy.jpg

Edited by Dcat

16 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

I saw this on Wednesday, but they don't look very legit to me

Definitely not real. Just somebody with too much time on their hands and who thinks they're clever. 

Some "internet sleuths" think they figured it out, because a domain (commanders.com) was transferred to a company that manages NFL domains. 

https://www.npr.org/2022/01/28/1076272763/possible-new-name-washington-football-team-leaked

Or maybe its the Admirals

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/01/28/washington-football-navy-admirals-00002985

57 minutes ago, darin3 said:

Apparently loose-lipped Joe Theisman said on a radio show that it's the Commanders.  And also today there are reports that the team store at the stadium are unloading boxes of gear with Commanders on 'em.  So I would bet that's it.  :shrug:

20220201_192828.jpg