[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Baker Mayfield Gives Browns Ultimatum on Trade Demand

League_Champion

Garbage report based on some "source". 

Mary Kay Cabot is the soap opera queen of Cleveland sports.

But of course snooki is into that stuff, and anything to throw some manure at Mayfield.

You have a very unhealthy obsession with this. 

4 minutes ago, Big John said:

Yep it was all over the news here yesterday. But since some person wrote an article, based on the info in some other article, from some anonymous source "Baker is demanding a trade" is the headline for fools like Snooki to eat up and spread to others. 

Here's something to consider, Baker has played really bad recently, the injuries are definitely affecting him. Why wasn't he rested at some point, given a chance to heal and get better. We have a more than capable backup who could have played. This is what a real sports writer (Pluto has won many awards) say, and what real Browns fans are talking about. Not some fake drama about demanding a trade. 

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2022/01/the-strange-season-for-case-keenum-and-how-it-could-have-been-different-terry-pluto.html

Edited by stevegrab
  • Like 1

In this offense Baker is really not that good.

Stefanski needs to take all the blame here. You have a great running game with a good offensive line. And he basically ignores it all season to have a banged up Baker throw it 40 times a game. That running game with that defense should be good for 10 wins.

THAT guy should be fired. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Yep it was all over the news here yesterday. But since some person wrote an article, based on the info in some other article, from some anonymous source "Baker is demanding a trade" is the headline for fools like Snooki to eat up and spread to others. 

So you are saying that planting a source to make a bs unsubstantiated claim, having someone else report on that something, so that an investigation into the report can ensue is a duplicitous way to go about things?  

Curious, that.  

I'd be inclined to agree with you!

2 minutes ago, Chief Dick said:

Stefanski needs to take all the blame here. You have a great running game with a good offensive line. And he basically ignores it all season to have a banged up Baker throw it 40 times a game. That running game with that defense should be good for 10 wins.

Agree 99.999%

(leaving room for ... I dont know what)

26 minutes ago, Chief Dick said:

How many times did Baker attempt 40 passes in a game this season?  ZERO, he threw it 35 times or more just 3 times. He averaged just under 30 passes per game this season(418 in 14), just a bit less than his average pass per game last year (486 in 16). 

I agree they threw the ball too much at times, but we can discuss that without hyperbole and making it sound like they're doing something that different than last year when they were very successful with this offense. 

Our OL is good but both tackles missed time (4 games for LT Wills, 9 by RT Conklin including 7 of the last 8 when we've gone 3-5). Hunt and Chubb also missed time, Hunt has played in just 2 of the last 10 games and Chubb missed 3, both were out for 2. The two have played together in just 7 games (weeks 1-5, 12, 14 the Browns are 4-3 in those games). I won't even go into the numerous games missed by the WR/TE on the team, or the distraction that was OBJ. 

PS  Stefanski will not be and should not be fired. He is a good coach. The Browns have been the revolving door of head coaches, firing this one and starting over again is not a solution. Fire your own damn coach if you like, leave ours alone. 

1 hour ago, stevegrab said:

Here's something to consider, Baker has played really bad recently, the injuries are definitely affecting him. Why wasn't he rested at some point, given a chance to heal and get better. We have a more than capable backup who could have played. This is what a real sports writer (Pluto has won many awards) say, and what real Browns fans are talking about. Not some fake drama about demanding a trade. 

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2022/01/the-strange-season-for-case-keenum-and-how-it-could-have-been-different-terry-pluto.html

1 hour ago, Chief Dick said:

I think it is a combo if these issues.  

• Like 1

All the hype going into the year. All the tools. 

I would say when it's all said and done, the Vikings, Browns, and Ravens end up being the most underachieving teams this year. 

In all 3 cases, their HC's are a major part of the problem. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, gilthorp said:

All the hype going into the year. All the tools. 

I would say when it's all said and done, the Vikings, Browns, and Ravens end up being the most underachieving teams this year. 

In all 3 cases, their HC's are a major part of the problem. 

To me the Ravens get a pass here. Nobody could survive that many injuries. 

56 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

How many times did Baker attempt 40 passes in a game this season?  ZERO, he threw it 35 times or more just 3 times. He averaged just under 30 passes per game this season(418 in 14), just a bit less than his average pass per game last year (486 in 16). 

I agree they threw the ball too much at times, but we can discuss that without hyperbole and making it sound like they're doing something that different than last year when they were very successful with this offense. 

Our OL is good but both tackles missed time (4 games for LT Wills, 9 by RT Conklin including 7 of the last 8 when we've gone 3-5). Hunt and Chubb also missed time, Hunt has played in just 2 of the last 10 games and Chubb missed 3, both were out for 2. The two have played together in just 7 games (weeks 1-5, 12, 14 the Browns are 4-3 in those games). I won't even go into the numerous games missed by the WR/TE on the team, or the distraction that was OBJ. 

PS  Stefanski will not be and should not be fired. He is a good coach. The Browns have been the revolving door of head coaches, firing this one and starting over again is not a solution. Fire your own damn coach if you like, leave ours alone. 

well, in that case Baker does suck.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

If they went strictly by the numbers, they’d certainly conclude that Mayfield isn’t the quarterback to win Super Bowls. He’s 27th with an 83.1 QB rating, having completed just 60.5 percent of his attempts for 28th in the NFL, 17 touchdowns and 13 interceptions.

His stats in clutch situations are worse: He’s 35th in fourth-quarter passing with a 50.9 completion percentage and 64.5 rating, and 30th in third-down passing with a 50% completion percentage, three touchdowns, six interceptions and a 52.5 rating. He’s 0-5 this season in potential gamewinning drives.

2 hours ago, stevegrab said:

He has basically been playing on a damaged shoulder for a while now and it has diminished velocity.  I don't understand the organization not doing what was best for long-term with him.  Unless they are desperately and illogically in some sort of fantastical  win-now mode or something.  That can happen when a coaching staff is on the cusp of being replaced.  I'm no Baker fan, but it's patently obvious he has been playing with a bum-arm lately.

Edited by Dcat
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dcat said:

He has basically been playing on a damaged shoulder for a while now and it has diminished velocity.  I don't understand the organization not doing what was best for log-term with him.  Unless they are desperately and illogically in some sort of fantastical  win-now mode or something.  That can happen when a coaching staff is on the cusp of being replaced.

this.  he is no superstar, but definitely impacted by his injury this year.

edit: 

I mean, this is a run first team.  he also lost hunt, chubb, landry, obj, and misc tes this season... and had nasty covid issues.  

Edited by Bier Meister

1 minute ago, rajncajn said:

Wouldn't mind seeing what he could do in New Orleans.

Would be an improvement, but I think you guys need thomas back and a some additional wr help.  Kamara/ingram would be very good for him

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

So what would you do with him? Is he worth a big contract? 

I don't think there is any way you give him a big contract. Have him play on his rookie deal one more year and see if a healthy team can make that next step.

That's about all they can do. 

1 minute ago, Chief Dick said:

I don't think there is any way you give him a big contract. Have him play on his rookie deal one more year and see if a healthy team can make that next step.

That's about all they can do. 

yes...make it incentive-based

• Like 1