[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Brian Flores Fired in Miami

League_Champion

7 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Yeah, the whole story is crazy. They didn't have to pay Jackson to lose, that was inevitable. Is he possibly the worst coach of all time?

Not sure that his 3-36-1 record (.081) with the Browns will ever be surpassed. I do recall a not so stellar Chip Kelly and his 2-14 stint in SF (just .125) 

1 hour ago, Big John said:

Rich Kotite, Les Steckel?

Kotite - 4-28 with the Jets, that still .125 not as bad as Hue and .417 (40-56) overall is way better than Hue's .205 (11-44-1)

Steckel 3-13 with MIN in 1984 that's .188, still much better than Hue's CLE years and almost as good as his career.

Some coach will go 2-15 or worse (that would be .117) in a single season and get fired. 

Flores and his lawyers claim the only reason he didn't get the Texans job was because of his lawsuit.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/brian-flores-says-was-passed-texans-job-lawsuit-nfl-rcna15502 

"Its obvious" says his attorney, hmm pretty sure that is just an opinion not a fact you can present in court. 

Even if they did tell you that, so what. Flores acknowledged this issue when he filed the lawsuit, and felt the lawsuit was more important than coaching in the NFL again. Why would a team want to hire somebody suing the league and several other teams. Would they be allowed to fire him at some point without being added to the lawsuit? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 2/2/2022 at 5:50 PM, stevegrab said:

I did notice that in the MSN.com article linked before the claim by the guy from Hue Jackson foundation says the NFL (not the Browns, not Haslam) paid the Browns executives for losing. Maybe that's just a mistake in the tweet. I'm not splitting hairs either, big difference in one owner doing something

The Browns have been vindicated.

https://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory/nfl-clears-browns-coach-team-tanked-games-84455417

1 hour ago, League_Champion said:

The NFL did an investigation to see if the Browns took money from the NFL in return for purposefully losing games and the NFL found that the NFL er... I mean, Browns did nothing wrong.

NFL er... I mean, Browns TOTALLY  indicated!!!! :tup:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Not shocked the NFL investigation turned up nothing, seems all their investigations lately turn up no wrong doing by players, owners, teams, etc. Will be interesting to see what happens with Watson if not this season then next, especially in light of MLB's 2 year suspension for Trevor Bauer. Probably a good reason to wait until spring or summer of 2023, that news will be less fresh. 

1 hour ago, rajncajn said:

The NFL did an investigation to see if the Browns took money from the NFL in return for purposefully losing games and the NFL found that the NFL er... I mean, Browns did nothing wrong.

NFL er... I mean, Browns TOTALLY  indicated!!!! :tup:

I mean it's a complete sham-mockery, top to bottom.