[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Russell Wilson wants to explore options for next season

League_Champion

Last week Wilson publicly stated he wanted to stay in Seattle and Pete Carroll said he's the QB moving forward.

Whether these rumors are real or manufactured, it's pretty much an annoyance for most Seahawk fans these days.

FWIW, I tend to trust John Clayton on these things mores that the rest of the breaking news twitter guys for the NFL.  

• Sad 1

From Seattle's perspective. It's going to take a young QB with upside and a butt load of draft capital at a minimum.  To me that leaves Miami, Philly, or Chicago as possibilities.

Then that leaves Wilson with a crappy organization and a mortgaged short term future.

None of the scenarios really make sense.

Isn't new Orleans in a major salary cap bind?

• Sad 1

New Orleans has seemingly been in a salary cap bind for the past 15 years or so, yet they're still able to manage their way through it every season. That said, I don't see how they can possibly pay Wilson money and still hold onto they other key personnel to stay competitive.

Trading Wilson would set the Hawks back a decade or more. It would be idiotic to trade him. That being said, Wilson on the Colts (per article above) would make them scary good. However, the Colts already gave up a bunch to get Wentz, so highly doubtful that would happen. 

12 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

That would be a great spot for him. I didn't even consider that possibility. 

Me too until the game started…

harris, juju, Johnson, Claypool, muth 

and their defense has a lot of good assets

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Bier Meister said:

strong defense and good offensive tools

Remember that guy named Peyton Manning, he joined the Broncos for similar reasons, had success too including two more Super Bowls with one ring. 

Wherever Russell is in 2022 I hope he is healthy and throwing a lot of TDs. I think the Saints could be an interesting fit, the Vikings would be a more run oriented team with Cook. 

I see one report posted here mentions the Jets. That doesn't seem like a good fit in regards to a roster ready to contend and having resources to trade for him. 

To many in the media play like this is free agency, not a complicated trade (where both the team and player will have demands to be met). Not to mention what he needs to be paid. 

Oh God, please not the Steelers, can't they just be crappy for a few years.

Edited by stevegrab