[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

49ers vs. Cowboys

League_Champion

13 hours ago, irish said:

That's exactly right. The fans were mad at the refs because Dak didn't hand them the ball instead of giving it to the center and because they didn't just give the Cowboys extra time cause they needed it. 

Silly refs!

Prescott: Credit to them for throwing debris at refs.

33 minutes ago, Big John said:

Prescott: Credit to them for throwing debris at refs.

Just embarrassing. I know it's important to have the fans on your side. However, that's a big moment for him, to not chastise them, but to make a statement about doing what's right and accepting the blame for him and his teammates losing the game, and not the refs losing it for them. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, League_Champion said:

It's breaking my heart to watch the Cowboys choke again. 

You know that goes for virtually the entire football world other than Cowboys fans? They're among the most hated teams in the NFL, along with the Patriots and wherever Tom Brady plays. I wish your Eagles could have done more, but at least NE, DAL and PIT all got trounced. 

1 hour ago, irish said:

Just embarrassing. I know it's important to have the fans on your side. However, that's a big moment for him, to not chastise them, but to make a statement about doing what's right and accepting the blame for him and his teammates losing the game, and not the refs losing it for them. 

I'm certain he will be fined by the NFL

18 hours ago, League_Champion said:

Cowboys fans throwing stuff at their own players 

https://twitter.com/i/status/1482884132426428423

Wow stay classy Cowboy fans...

18 hours ago, Big John said:

According to this, MM thought more time would be added to the clock.

When did they tell him that? Before he called the QB draw? Or after the clock expired? Or did they just say "Mike we'll do everything possible to hand the game to you guys but you still need to play pretty good." I mean that was a stupid play call, leaving far too little margin for error, to do what, gain a few yards so it is first down instead of throwing twice on 2nd and then 3rd? 

7 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Wow stay classy Cowboy fans...

When did they tell him that? Before he called the QB draw? Or after the clock expired? Or did they just say "Mike we'll do everything possible to hand the game to you guys but you still need to play pretty good." I mean that was a stupid play call, leaving far too little margin for error, to do what, gain a few yards so it is first down instead of throwing twice on 2nd and then 3rd? 

I really wonder if that was the play call or if it was Dak trying to be a hero. Perhaps McCarthy is taking a bullet for Dak?? 

10 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

I really wonder if that was the play call or if it was Dak trying to be a hero. Perhaps McCarthy is taking a bullet for Dak?? 

Doubt it, since this could be a big part (or at least the final nail) of him getting fired. 

1 minute ago, darin3 said:

Gawd I hate Stephen A.  What an annoyance.

McCarthy needs to be fired.  They should just hire Kellen Moore as their HC and keep him as OC and Quinn at DC.  McCarthy did nothing anyways.

He is horrible. Someone has to step up and take responsibility for that sequence of events. From Kellan Moore calling it, to McCarthy not overriding it and Dak executing it. At the end of the day I'd probably put the blame on Dak for not changing the play and not knowing the rules. 

14 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

He is horrible. Someone has to step up and take responsibility for that sequence of events. From Kellan Moore calling it, to McCarthy not overriding it and Dak executing it. At the end of the day I'd probably put the blame on Dak for not changing the play and not knowing the rules. 

I don't mind the play call in theory.  I think they thought they'd have enough time to have the ball reset and spike it.  Too bad they burned all three of their timeouts on the Niners' previous possession, but they kind of had to use them there.  If there were just a FEW more seconds on the clock that play would have been money.  Hugh difference between trying from the 50 versus the 25.  

Silly me, I picked a ton of Cowboys in the Smackbowl.  Oh well, done there.

5 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

I would of liked to see Lamb with the ball in open space, not my QB. Neither here nor there, with 14 seconds and no timeouts you'd probably need a miracle anyhow. 

Right - it would have taken a miracle, and at least keeping it in Dak's hands means there's no potential for an incompletion or batted pass, etc.  2-3 more seconds on the clock and that play call would have been borderline genius.... especially if the next play resulted in a game-winning score.

It was kind of an interesting end to a game just bc it shows why you can't do that. It seems tempting, just rush 15 yards and get down, clock it. Single shot to the end zone that is makeable. Except everybody needs to be on the same page, the entire team needs to be right behind Dak and the ref needs to be right there and uninterfered with. The other team is going to get in your way, knock the ball around, lay on top of people who need to get up, stand in front of the ref, etc.  

Also, the ball wasn't spotted correctly. It probably should have been spotted a few yards back but there wasn't time. The ref actually probably gave them a break there. If he was really being a stickler, that spot probably should have come back a yard or two. 

Too much manure needs to go right in too short of a time. He needs to stop that slide sooner and everyone needs to be ready. If you are smart enough and the ref is right there I'd even tell him your plan so he's right behind you. 

Edited by purplemonster

5 minutes ago, darin3 said:

Right - it would have taken a miracle, and at least keeping it in Dak's hands means there's no potential for an incompletion or batted pass, etc.  2-3 more seconds on the clock and that play call would have been borderline genius.... especially if the next play resulted in a game-winning score.

If anything Dak got greedy. He should of gotten down sooner 

14 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

If anything Dak got greedy. He should of gotten down sooner 

Agreed.  He didn't have a good sense of timing.  Should have split the difference time vs. distance.  Should have slid at the 35 or so and that would have been better than the 50.

The second I saw him take off and start running up the middle I looked at my brother and actually laughed and said Game Over . Dallas will trot out the same team next year with the same coach and we will probably beat the east again and then get trounced . That first drive the 9ers were laser focused and we were a bunch of flailing buffoons . I knew it was over . Dallas does this cute thing every week were they get their dicks kicked in for 3 quarters then try and make it interesting in the 4th . The only team that loses in embarrasing fashion more than the Cowboys is the Jets and we are giving them a run for their money . It was a big turn around on D this year as compared to last year. Thats about the only bright thing you can take out of this season. We still got manhandled upfront in this game though, just like the Rams did to us a few years back. 

4 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Thank goodness it wasn't Eagle fans. It would be on every talk show, heathen fans!!! 

"Cowboys and 49ers fans pummel each other in wild playoff brawl"

https://nypost.com/2022/01/17/cowboys-and-49ers-fans-pummel-each-other-in-wild-playoff-brawl/amp/

Kinda like this?

38 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Or like this

Typical Foulcan fans. He's a big man getting in a womans face and acting like he's going to take a swing, then shouting racial slurs at her from across the aisle. Security should have sent them packing.

Edited by rajncajn