[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

49ers vs. Cowboys

League_Champion

13 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

Typical Foulcan fans. He's a big man getting in a womans face and acting like he's going to take a swing, then shouting racial slurs at her from across the aisle. Security should have sent them packing.

Unfortunately it happens everywhere including New Orleans. Don't think you're holier than thou just because you're a Saints fan. 

18 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Unfortunately it happens everywhere including New Orleans. Don't think you're holier than thou just because you're a Saints fan. 

:rofl:

Have you ever been to a game in New Orleans or know someone who has? I'd wager there are very few, if any, more welcoming cities to opposing fans than New Orleans. And the video you posted were Falcons fans acting an ass in New Orleans, not the other way around and not to mention it was a shouting match rather than a brawl. Philly, on the other hand, is absolutely notorious for its manurety fans.

• Like 2

Wow I don't miss attending games when I see this stupid nonsense. Had Browns season tickets for some years before and after their departure for Baltimore. Saw plenty of fights and scuffles going on, both in the stands, in other parts of the stadium and outside on the streets. One of my favorite was a Bengals MNF game, fight broke out 2-3 rows in front of me, one of the fans between me and the action was an off duty cop who jumped right in and held the most egregious offender before others showed up to remove him. 

Why is there always some shirtless chalupa jumping in, people using racial slurs, and tough guys who run after being confronted or following their sneak attack. I learned long before that in life to stay out of it, don't get provoke or respond to drunk chalupas. 

Cleveland used to be worse at the old stadium, and most Steeler fans I knew who attended a PIT-CLE in CLE just didn't even bother wearing Steeler gear to the game, to avoid hassles. I saw people just run up to others (after a bad loss), unprovoked and sucker punch them, then run off. 

Seriously alcohol, testosterone and youthful exuberance (young dumbassness) are the major contributors. 

Edited by stevegrab

On 1/16/2022 at 8:11 PM, League_Champion said:

He should be in jail for the garbage game he called today. 

On 1/17/2022 at 7:58 AM, whomper said:

Absolutely 

their  o line  is old and overrated aside from martin

mccarthy absolutely has to go. Every game we have 10 plus penalties.  It’s just ridiculous 

Dak can throw for 80 tds a year and I’ll still tell you he isn’t the answer.  He’s decent at best . He misses  wide open guys all year 

running game is non existent

when Dak tucked and ran on that final play I just couldn’t believe what I was watching. You’re at the 40 yard line. You probably could have taken two cracks at the end zone. It was zero football awareness.  Just laughable

we are who I thought we were.  A crappy team that is better than the crappy teams in our division. After the first drive , I knew that game was over. 

This roster with better coaches would contend in the playoffs every year. Really since Jimmy Johnson no good HC has wanted to put up with carnival show that is Jerry Jones - an owner who has to have all the attention and spotlight.

Bill Parcells tolerated it for a very short period. Until Jerry changes, no good HC is coming to Dallas. This year, in particular, the mismanagement of this level of talent - all over this team - was really unfortunate.

18 hours ago, League_Champion said:

They don't need him. They have Deebo for the gimmick plays now. He's a stud

True, bit I think given Jimmy's shoulder issue you MIGHT see Lance in a few plays if Garoppolo  struggles. Hope not but could happen. Also, DEEBO's our best weapon and we need to keep him healthy so there again it might be best to get Lance in a couple of plays and spell Deebo. Packers may not figure that to happen and could be a good wrinkle to the game. Shanny knows it's win or go home so he's.gonna throw everything and the kitchen sink against Green Bay who plays us very tough plus they have a guy who can go win a game for you when.their 3 or 6 points down and under a minute to play. Just pleeeeeasssee somebody climb up Davante Adams late in the 4th quarter. Don't let him.run all over the field on us.

20 hours ago, League_Champion said:

Did Trey Lance get any snaps or was he injured?? I didn't even hear his name called, I figured he'd get at least a few snaps. 

Lance was dressed on the sidelines but did not get a snap.  

I for one thank MM for being so inept and calling a running play up the middle with 14 seconds left.  And I thank Dak for not sliding 2 seconds earlier.  

If Jimmy G makes 2 throws in the 3rd quarter the game is never that close.  I have such a love / hate relationship with him.  

32 minutes ago, Montana is da Man said:

If Jimmy G makes 2 throws in the 3rd quarter the game is never that close.  I have such a love / hate relationship with him.

I watched that game again last night. Jimmy G did absolutely everything in his power to blow that game. They were very fortunate to get out of there with a win. 

1 hour ago, Montana is da Man said:

Lance was dressed on the sidelines but did not get a snap.  

I for one thank MM for being so inept and calling a running play up the middle with 14 seconds left.  And I thank Dak for not sliding 2 seconds earlier.  

55 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

I watched that game again last night. Jimmy G did absolutely everything in his power to blow that game. They were very fortunate to get out of there with a win. 

Exactly which of the incomplete passes in Q3 cost the niners that game? On their first possession he threw incomplete on 2nd & 5, then converted on 3rd down. The he had an incomplete on 1st & 10, followed by a Deebo run to make it 3rd & 1, maybe they should run the ball in that situation instead of passing the ball, which incomplete and they had to punt. That's one missed pass that cost them, but poor play calling contributed. 

Their next possession was after the turnover and Deebo ran it in for a 26yd TD on first play. Nothing

Their last possession of the 3rd quater had 2 passes, the first complete for minus one yard on 2nd & 9, then an incomplete on 3rd down. That one if complete runs some more clock but they were on their own 25, not in scoring position.

The interception in 4th quarter at midfield hurt. The second to last drive of game ate up 5+ minutes of clock, had 2 incomplete passes but neither one stopped the drive. The penalties at the end certainly didn't help, including stopping the clock. They get the ball back again, don't throw a pass, gain a total of 11 yards and us about a minute of clock. Again there's 2 penalties on the offense that don't help. 

Jimmy G isn't elite, but the criticism and hyperbole about him doing everything he could to blow the game are over the top. 

48 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

What game were you watching? How many wide open receivers did he miss in the second half? One was Brandon Aiyuk who was all alone, EASY TD! He couldn't make any good reads in the 4th quarter. 

I watched the game on Sunday, have not watched it again or looked at game film. But I did look at the box score, which is full of FACTS not opinions. Especially his incomplete passes in the 2nd half. I suspect the one you are talking about is this one from the 3rd quarter, 

3 1:47 3 10 SFO 24 Jimmy Garoppolo pass incomplete deep left intended for Brandon Aiyuk

which corresponds to this from my post

Their last possession of the 3rd quater had 2 passes, the first complete for minus one yard on 2nd & 9, then an incomplete on 3rd down. That one if complete runs some more clock but they were on their own 25, not in scoring position. I admit I missed it said "deep left" or remembered that it was a "wide open Aiyuk" which apparently in your view "any competent QB could easily hit". 

What game were you watching where he did nothing to help and was constantly trying to lose the game? 

I am pretty happy with jimmy and how he runs the offense. he made many clutch throws and converted 3rd downs.  sure he missed aiyuk on what could have been a big play (and help run the clock), but he helps make that offense go. he is not an elite qb, but works for what the 49ers do.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

You're a stat guy, in life. Try using your eyes for once in your life. The stats don't show missed opportunities lack of awareness. 

did you miss some wonderful passes (some on 3rd down) in narrow windows?  sometimes people see what they want to see.  You are only looking for negative. Not every passer is going to be perfect.

his ratio is not that far off from the elite qbs.  he makes the offense run smoothly

25 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

You're a stat guy, in life. Try using your eyes for once in your life. The stats don't show missed opportunities lack of awareness. 

You're a proven blowhard who often has negative views of players that make them blind to anything else. You expect every player to be elite, if not they get trashed endlessly. 

Of course since you have an over inflated ego of your expert football acumen you'll never believe you're wrong. It isn't just me, several people have pointed this out just today.

You've been like this since you first start posting frequently, and it is why I put you on ignore long ago. (Yes I still read many of your posts, hard to ignore when you're constantly quoted, replying to my messages or are the entire conversation all by yourself.)