[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

49ers vs. Cowboys

League_Champion

Yeah I was legit nervous every time Jimmy dropped back to pass in the 2nd half (not the first) and had a feeling he was too. Balls were wobbly, floating, he didn't look confident. Not all interceptions and misses are created equal. The ones he was missing were pretty glaring. At the same time he can make good plays and he can make he plays with his legs when things aren't working. I certainly would not count him out totally. I'd like to see the Niners go far but their injuries are catching up with them again. 

9 hours ago, stevegrab said:

Exactly which of the incomplete passes in Q3 cost the niners that game? On their first possession he threw incomplete on 2nd & 5, then converted on 3rd down. The he had an incomplete on 1st & 10, followed by a Deebo run to make it 3rd & 1, maybe they should run the ball in that situation instead of passing the ball, which incomplete and they had to punt. That's one missed pass that cost them, but poor play calling contributed. 

Their next possession was after the turnover and Deebo ran it in for a 26yd TD on first play. Nothing

Their last possession of the 3rd quater had 2 passes, the first complete for minus one yard on 2nd & 9, then an incomplete on 3rd down. That one if complete runs some more clock but they were on their own 25, not in scoring position.

The interception in 4th quarter at midfield hurt. The second to last drive of game ate up 5+ minutes of clock, had 2 incomplete passes but neither one stopped the drive. The penalties at the end certainly didn't help, including stopping the clock. They get the ball back again, don't throw a pass, gain a total of 11 yards and us about a minute of clock. Again there's 2 penalties on the offense that don't help. 

Jimmy G isn't elite, but the criticism and hyperbole about him doing everything he could to blow the game are over the top. 

He missed a wide open Aiyuk on 3rd down in the 3rd quarter and I believe on the next possession threw that awful interception.  

I wanted him on the 49ers.....I wanted him to start this season but sometimes he infuriates me.  

13 minutes ago, Montana is da Man said:

He missed a wide open Aiyuk on 3rd down in the 3rd quarter and I believe on the next possession threw that awful interception.  

I wanted him on the 49ers.....I wanted him to start this season but sometimes he infuriates me.  

PFF gave him a grade of 54.5 on the game. Not a real good grade.

https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/jimmy-garoppolo/8697

14 minutes ago, Montana is da Man said:

I'm convinced that Steve is a box score guy. He obviously isn't watching the games because Jimmy G was God awful in the 4th quarter. 

12 hours ago, League_Champion said:

I'm convinced that Steve is a box score guy. He obviously isn't watching the games because Jimmy G was God awful in the 4th quarter. 

I am convinced you are a complete idiot. And really just post stuff to piss me off. So go (the really bad word) yourself. 

I watched the game, I watch virtually every NFL game that is broadcast to my market. I review the box score to look at details that I don't remember. Because I know I don't remember every play from every game when I watch 5-6 games over a few days. Maybe you're perfect and remember every detail. Or maybe you just rely on your gut to tell you "this guy sucks", whoever that guy is because according to you 90% of the players in the NFL suck. 

5 hours ago, League_Champion said:

Not exactly a ringing endorsement.

"NFL: Cowboys' Jerry Jones has 'a lot to think about' regarding coaches" https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl-news-jerry-jones-lot-to-think-about-regarding-coaches-wont-address-mike-mc-carthy-conversations-184728524.html

He's getting fired. 

20 hours ago, League_Champion said:

Not exactly a ringing endorsement.

"NFL: Cowboys' Jerry Jones has 'a lot to think about' regarding coaches" https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl-news-jerry-jones-lot-to-think-about-regarding-coaches-wont-address-mike-mc-carthy-conversations-184728524.html

He did say he had "everyone under contract that I want under contract."

Which includes McCarthy who signed a 5 year deal when hired in 2020. Couldn't find an amount, but I doubt that matters to JJ and his pile of money. Whatever they do I doubt it brings them to the promised land. Maybe they are just cursed. All that bragging about being America's Team and God looking down thru the hole in old stadium to watch them. 

1 hour ago, stethant said:

He fired jimmy johnson in a March, I believe. Let’s start the death watch a couple months early for McCarthy.

Seems like a weird time to fire somebody. But jerrah does things his own way. Jerry is usually rah rah for 'his' guys, so this sounds bad for McCarthy but maybe if he compliments Jerry on his suit or his wife's cupcakes the winds will shift for him again. 

• Like 1