[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Michael Phelps: NCAA’s Lia Thomas issue shows need for level playing field

League_Champion

15 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Why? Just curious, you debate every other situation. You've never been afraid to give your opinion. 

I debate what I feel like debating. I don't have an opinion one way or another. Both sides have their merits and drawbacks and I'm not interested in "debating" this with any of you.

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Yeah, he's given in. He's obviously afraid of something. That's sad. 

What's sad is your insistence that I provide you with an opinion or I'm "afraid." I gave you an opinion, but that's not good enough for you. I have to be on a side, preferably your side. I'm not on a side, so get over it. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I didn't go through this thread so I don't know what you guys are saying about it. But I just don't really think transgender should be involved in female sports at all likely. Not if you had gone through puberty with male hormones. Even if you take androgen blockers and feminizing hormones you still have the frame from when you're exposed to testosterone throughout puberty. They have to come up with a new category for transgenders to compete but given their low numbers it's not going to be the same. Transgender males can certainly compete with the men if they want. 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 3/4/2023 at 2:31 AM, purplemonster said:

I just don't really think transgender should be involved in female sports at all ....

Of course they shouldnt.  

Not if you had gone through puberty with male hormones. Even if you take androgen blockers and feminizing hormones you still have the frame from when you're exposed to testosterone throughout puberty.

Correct.  

They have to come up with a new category for transgenders to compete

No, "they" dont.  "They" can though, which would be easy to support imo.  

Transgender males can certainly compete with the men if they want. 

As they should, and as they have been, I am pretty sure, for decades.