[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jalen Hurts will be the Eagles starting quarterback -2022 season

Shaft

I don't see why he wouldn't be.  Some here - some Iggle fans, some not - will rip him but the offense became pretty lethal with him at the helm.  They have, what, 3 first rounders?  Spend two on stud OLs and one on a WR to play opposite Devonta Smith and that offense could really be something.

1 hour ago, darin3 said:

I don't see why he wouldn't be.  Some here - some Iggle fans, some not - will rip him but the offense became pretty lethal with him at the helm.  They have, what, 3 first rounders?  Spend two on stud OLs and one on a WR to play opposite Devonta Smith and that offense could really be something.

That doesn't shock me either, they really need to rebuild the defense top to bottom, plus they still hold the rights to Minshew. But I bet that if one of these stud veteran QBs break loose pre-draft they'll be in on those conversations, at least kicking the tires. 

Some offensive rankings for Eagles in 2021

total offense (yards) 14th

points scored 12th

passing offense (yards) 25th

rushing offense (yards) 1st 

Hurts led the team in rushing with 784 yards, Sanders right behind with 754, three other RBs combined for about 1100. 

Not saying he should not return as their starter, but not sure describing the offense as lethal is accurate. He added an element of running QB to their offense that is for sure. But as a throwing QB he doesn't scare people, and you need a QB who can throw in today's NFL.

Lamar Jackson was mostly a runner his first year, throwing only 170 times while having nearly as many (147) rushing attempts. I was one person who thought he just couldn't throw the ball, he showed otherwise (over twice as many passes vs. runs, and good passing numbers overall). We'll see if Hurts can do that. 

5 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Agree, but how much draft capital can one team possibly spend on WR before they get it right? I like Devonta Smith but he's soo small that he can't get off the line. I think they'll wait a few rounds to address WR this year. 

Sigh.  Smith proved time and again, both in college and this his first year, that he was able to get off press coverage with cat-like quickness.  He is slight but it hasn't mattered.  And that's after just one year of pro tutelage.  Give him another 1-2 years and he's going to be very, very good.  

And London would be a nice 1a to Smith's 1b in this offense, with Goedert patrolling the middle of the field.  

Edited by darin3

2 minutes ago, darin3 said:

Sigh.  Smith proved time and again, both in college and this his first year, that he was able to get off press coverage with cat-like quickness.  He is slight but it hasn't mattered.  And that's after just one year of pro tutelage.  Give him another 1-2 years and he's going to be very, very good.  

Look at the film on teams that have shut him down, he can't get off of jams, Baldinger broke it down pretty good. Yes, he will definitely get better and probably be a pretty decent NFL receiver but I'd be shocked if ever lives up to where they drafted him. I hope I'm very wrong. 

Eagles need defense with those 3 first rounders. You want to spend one on the o-line fine. If they're sticking with Hurts, they need to shore up the defense, minimize the pressure to score, and let them play their small ball all day long.

9 hours ago, stethant said:

Eagles need defense with those 3 first rounders. You want to spend one on the o-line fine. If they're sticking with Hurts, they need to shore up the defense, minimize the pressure to score, and let them play their small ball all day long.

Agree, they can address the offense in free agency. They need defense something bad. It killed me when they traded up to get Smith. I thought for sure they were going to grab Parsons there.

They'll be able to fill a lot of holes this off-season.

"The 2022 salary cap is not yet finalized, but the Eagles are expected to have $14 million in space and $30 million in total following the 2021 rollover. The Eagles have the second-highest amount carrying over, with the Jacksonville Jaguars having $25 million extra to play with this offseason.

Philadelphia’s $30 million is going to be even more, depending on what moves they make this offseason. They can clear space by moving on from players like Brandon Brooks or if they once again convert their contracts into signing bonuses."  - The Liberty Line 

2 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

If they keep starting hurts they'll just go backwards. Worst QB in the NFL.

That'll get you an NFL QB Steve 

The Browns ended the 2021 season with the ninth-most cap space at $9.7 million, according to Spotrac, a salary tracking website. According to Over The Cap, a similar salary website, the Browns' cap space for 2022 will be $37.4 million when this year's expiring contracts are factored in.

• Confused 1