[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sean Payton, done as Saints' HC?

irish

15 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

I see him doing 2-3 years with a Network and then possibly coaching again. It wouldn't surprise me to see him in Dallas, but it also wouldn't surprise me to see him back with the Saints.

You really think he goes back to the Saints?  

30 minutes ago, gilthorp said:

He will cherry pick another job that has an elite QB. It's all he knows.

Completely agreed, and he'll be able to cherry pick. 

5 hours ago, LordOpie said:

Rumor is that Sean checked himself info a facility

Rajn - Was it a vacation resort?  

Edited by irish
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, rajncajn said:

I listened to the whole thing. The general consensus from Saints fans and myself is a feeling of relief. I honestly think he's ready to move on from coaching and even likened his feelings to Dungy & Cower when they left. He genuinely seemed interested in a Network job and said he'd talked to Brees about it last night as well as mentioning it at least two other times during the interview saying that he'd like to try his hand at it. He also spoke a lot about his family and spending more time with them. Also spoke about the things you have to give up as a family in order to do what it takes to be successful.

Sounds like he wants to have a little more fun in his life.  He needs a break for sure.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

How cool would that be, having the former HC at your tailgate party before a Saints game. 

October 2006: Wesley Walker (Jets #85) hanging out for a while at our then weekly tailgate in Lot 16B of the old stadium.  That's my younger son back then, who is now almost 26.  We also had Joe Klecko stop by and several others through the years.  I miss all that.  Haven't been tailgating for the last 4-5 years.

WesleyWalker4.jpg

Edited by Dcat
  • Like 2

Just now, Dcat said:

October 2006: Wesley Walker (Jets #85) hanging out for a while at our then weekly tailgate in Lot 16B of the old stadium.  That's my younger son back then, who is now almost 26.  We also had Joe Klecko stop by and several others through the years.  I miss all that.  Haven't been tailgating for the last 4-5 years.

WesleyWalker4.jpg

p.s.  and yes... Wesley might have had a few too many there.

12 minutes ago, Dcat said:

p.s.  and yes... Wesley might have had a few too many there.

When I had Browns season tickets I spent some fun time tailgating at the "Muni Lot" the one big main parking lot where thousands gathered. Never saw any celebrities there, but we had some great times. Some of the best where when we hooked up with a guy that had a motorhome, he took care of the food and drink, plus we got use of the RV bathroom (until it got full) and we paid a fee to help cover costs. A lot easier than taking food, grilling etc. I often parked on the street then walked there to meet my friends. 

While I miss that not sure I could take the crowds, the time on my feet and the bad weather. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

They have some horrible contracts to unload.

"Cap casualties and trade chips: Ten New Orleans Saints players who could be moved this offseason" https://www.nfl.com/_amp/cap-casualties-and-trade-chips-ten-new-orleans-saints-players-who-could-be-moved

This is the Saints analyst & beat writer for WWL NOLA. Also the guy who broke the story on Payton retiring. "They can save almost $80 million this year in basic restructures alone, without getting aggressive or losing any players." 

Edited by rajncajn

17 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

The Taysom Hill contract still bewilders me. 

That's because you've read too many Entertainment Sports Programming Network articles. Most of the big money was dependent on QB snaps and other incentives, which he didn't end up earning anyway. The rest of the deal is voidable after 2021. It was basically a 1-year extension and the money he got out of it was relative to what he put on the field. The true value of the contract was/is nowhere near what you saw in the headlines.

Edited by rajncajn
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

That's because you've read too many Entertainment Sports Programming Network articles. Most of the big money was dependent on QB snaps and other incentives, which he didn't end up earning anyway. The rest of the deal is voidable after 2021. It was basically a 1-year extension and the money he got out of it was relative to what he put on the field. The true value of the contract was/is nowhere near what you saw in the headlines.

The point is WHY at all? 1, 2, 3, 500 snaps, he still sucks! 

2 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

The point is WHY at all? 1, 2, 3, 500 snaps, he still sucks! 

Injuries aside, he wasn't really that bad other than his first game as a full-time starter against Dallas. Just because he hasn't put up gaudy fantasy stats doesn't mean he's not a valuable player. He may not be a starting caliber QB, but everything else he does is worth the money they paid him. I think his biggest issue though is staying healthy. I think he could even be a serviceable passer if not for constantly getting hurt. Against Carolina and Atlanta (before he was injured) he actually looked really good.