[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bengals vs Chiefs ( Championship Game)

League_Champion

1 minute ago, Dcat said:

exciting game an an outright betting disaster for me.Ā  That's the way it goes some days. I got a couple of props for small bets I won, but tthe spread and game line bets... nope.Ā  And parlays do suck.

Yeah this was a great example. Did really well on it but getting over every bar is tough.Ā 

I couldn't watch but two things.Ā 

1. Drafting Jamarr lools genius in hindsight.Ā 

2. All the more respect to Brady. The amount of relative mistake free clutch football over that many years is crazy. As talented as Mahomes is looks like some errors got to himĀ 

Ā 

I couldnt watch so if that sounds dumb let me knowĀ 

Just now, purplemonster said:

I couldn't watch but two things.Ā 

1. Drafting Jamarr lools genius in hindsight.Ā 

2. All the more respect to Brady. The amount of relative mistake free clutch football over that many years is crazy. As talented as Mahomes is looks like some errors got to himĀ 

Ā 

I couldnt watch so if that sounds dumb let me knowĀ 

I think these are great points. It really shows that Burrow is already a great QB.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bobby Brown said:

I think you have to give Cincy D a lot of credit for Mahomes mistakes.Ā  I don't recall watching Mahomes hold the ball so long, on numerous plays,Ā without being able to make a scramble or a great throw of some sort.

Ā 

Agree, Mahomes looked very uncomfortable in that 2nd half. Big props to the Bengals.Ā 

22 minutes ago, Bobby Brown said:

I think you have to give Cincy D a lot of credit for Mahomes mistakes.Ā  I don't recall watching Mahomes hold the ball so long, on numerous plays,Ā without being able to make a scramble or a great throw of some sort.

Not since last yearā€™s SB. Ā 

In hindsight, I guess it doesn't surprise me all that much that KC failed to make it back to the SB.Ā  I wouldn't have predicted CIN, by any means, but KC was probably my third choice to represent the AFC, in order of confidence, entering the playoffs.Ā They were inconsistent all year, it seemed... never really the dominant team that we've gotten accustomed to watching the past couple of years.Ā  They were explosive on offenseĀ in spurts (like the first quarter and a half today), but those were few and far between.Ā  Getting pressure on Mahomes definitely seems to be the key, given that's what has knocked them out two years in a row now.Ā  And, yeah, that's kind of stating the obvious.... getting pressure on ANY QB is key to winning, I suppose.Ā Ā Ā 

Ā 

I really thought the failure to get any points at the end of the half was a brutally bad move, especially after CIN had taken back some of the momentum with their TD.Ā  Make it 24-10 there, and it's a whole different second half.Ā  Even if you do throw it on 3rd down, Mahomes has to be aware that they don't have any timeouts (and he obviously wasn't, since he was trying desperately to call one after Hill was tackled).Ā  Ā 

Ā 

The other play that I found curious was the INT by the KC LB late in the 3rd quarter.Ā  Refs called him out of bounds, but the replay pretty clearly showed that he had a knee/hip down in bounds with the ball in his possession.Ā  I may have missed it, but did they say why KC didn't challenge that?Ā  Seemed like a pretty obvious overturn waiting to happen, but maybe I missed something (I was in and out of the room, grabbing food, right when it happened).Ā Ā 

Ā 

Anyway, no excuses.... CIN had the better gameplan, clearly, coming out from halftime.Ā  Seems like that was the trend this year, so far.Ā  Not only great/close games, but the teams who are making the distinctly better in-game adjustments are the ones who are advancing.Ā Ā 

15 hours ago, Shaft said:

This might go down as the best postseason ever.

Ā 

The wild card round was below average with a lot of blowouts, but the next 2 rounds and six games were great. I was worried that KC would just roll over CIN early, and that would indicate the BUF-KC game the week before really was the AFC title game, but the Bengals battled back and did what it took to win. Was pulling for the Chiefs, but still happy for the Bengals.Ā 

Ā 

Regarding Burrow and Chase, yes that is quite the tandem and a really smart move by the Bengals to draft Chase when people were saying they should do something else. But they do need to improve that OL, teams are getting to Burrow too quickly and I think the Rams will really focus there and make it difficult to throw, or run the ball.Ā 

9 hours ago, Gopher said:

In hindsight, I guess it doesn't surprise me all that much that KC failed to make it back to the SB.Ā  I wouldn't have predicted CIN, by any means, but KC was probably my third choice to represent the AFC, in order of confidence, entering the playoffs.Ā They were inconsistent all year, it seemed... never really the dominant team that we've gotten accustomed to watching the past couple of years.Ā  They were explosive on offenseĀ in spurts (like the first quarter and a half today), but those were few and far between.Ā  Getting pressure on Mahomes definitely seems to be the key, given that's what has knocked them out two years in a row now.Ā  And, yeah, that's kind of stating the obvious.... getting pressure on ANY QB is key to winning, I suppose.Ā Ā Ā 

Ā 

I really thought the failure to get any points at the end of the half was a brutally bad move, especially after CIN had taken back some of the momentum with their TD.Ā  Make it 24-10 there, and it's a whole different second half.Ā  Even if you do throw it on 3rd down, Mahomes has to be aware that they don't have any timeouts (and he obviously wasn't, since he was trying desperately to call one after Hill was tackled).Ā  Ā 

Ā 

The other play that I found curious was the INT by the KC LB late in the 3rd quarter.Ā  Refs called him out of bounds, but the replay pretty clearly showed that he had a knee/hip down in bounds with the ball in his possession.Ā  I may have missed it, but did they say why KC didn't challenge that?Ā  Seemed like a pretty obvious overturn waiting to happen, but maybe I missed something (I was in and out of the room, grabbing food, right when it happened).Ā Ā 

Ā 

Anyway, no excuses.... CIN had the better gameplan, clearly, coming out from halftime.Ā  Seems like that was the trend this year, so far.Ā  Not only great/close games, but the teams who are making the distinctly better in-game adjustments are the ones who are advancing.Ā Ā 

Ā 

Agree that was a big mistake by Mahomes to end the first half, not sure why he threw a swing pass to Hill with second left, it wasn't that open, throw a TD or throw it away. Cannot expect guys to break tackles and score a TD, get the FG. It probably would have changed things, but if CIN trailed by 14 later they may not kick FGs as willingly, or go for 2 on TD, lots of potential changes in strategy.

Ā 

Regarding the near pick, I believe the player was bobbling the ball, and never had possession. I was trying to look for more info or a replay but wasn't finding it.Ā 

• Like 1

Not sure if it's ego or just stupidity.Ā 

Ā 

KC should have taken the 3 points at the end of the first half. Sure, it's not sexy and of course you want to score a TD. However, this is for the AFC championship. Couple that major mistake with getting too cute down near the goal line at the end of regulation, they are just stupid, or full of themselves. It's not a week 5 game that you can recover from.Ā 

Ā 

Sure, the Bengals are a good story, but Reid or Mahomes, or both, just need a hard look in the mirror for gifting the game to their opponent.Ā 

2 minutes ago, gilthorp said:

Not sure if it's ego or just stupidity.Ā 

Ā 

KC should have taken the 3 points at the end of the first half. Sure, it's not sexy and of course you want to score a TD. However, this is for the AFC championship. Couple that major mistake with getting too cute down near the goal line at the end of regulation, they are just stupid, or full of themselves. It's not a week 5 game that you can recover from.Ā 

Ā 

Sure, the Bengals are a good story, but Reid or Mahomes, or both, just need a hard look in the mirror for gifting the game to their opponent.Ā 

Ā 

Agree 100%.

11 hours ago, stevegrab said:

Ā 

The wild card round was below average with a lot of blowouts, but the next 2 rounds and six games were great. I was worried that KC would just roll over CIN early, and that would indicate the BUF-KC game the week before really was the AFC title game, but the Bengals battled back and did what it took to win. Was pulling for the Chiefs, but still happy for the Bengals.Ā 

Ā 

Regarding Burrow and Chase, yes that is quite the tandem and a really smart move by the Bengals to draft Chase when people were saying they should do something else. But they do need to improve that OL, teams are getting to Burrow too quickly and I think the Rams will really focus there and make it difficult to throw, or run the ball.Ā 

It's also about all of the major upsets that occurred. There are two #4 seeds in the Superbowl.Ā Ā 

• Like 1

Interesting story with lots of short nice definition video clips showing the Bengals adjustments after the half and the Chiefs having trouble diagnosing it. Looks like Mahomes held the ball too long on a few of these, there were a few I thought he'd better running and just picking up what he could. The coverage was pretty good though, have to give the Bengals credit.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/what-in-the-world-happened-to-patrick-mahomes-after-halftime-examining-chiefs-qbs-play-in-afc-title-game/

• Like 2