[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hall of Fame new members announced.

Big John

Offensive tackle Tony Boselli, receiver Cliff Branch, safety LeRoy Butler, official Art McNally, linebacker Sam Mills, defensive lineman Richard Seymour, coach Dick Vermeil and defensive lineman Bryant Young.

No first year of eligibility players were inducted.

• Like 2

All seem to be worthy of the HOF. I couldn't place Bryant Young, and when I read an article at ESPN discussing the enshrinees, he was the only one for whom they gave no background info. Ah yes, I found out he was with SF 94-07.

McNally is only the second official from what I can see, the first was Hugh Ray (class of 66) who was the league's supervisor of officials from 1938-52. 

Some interesting tidbits from the ESPN article I read (or gathered myself)

- no first year eligible enshrines - first time in 10 years (notable candidates DeMarcus Ware, Andre Johnson, Devin Hester)

- 4 of the 5 modern day candidates waited at least 10 years to get in, 3 of those 4 over 15 years (10 for Young, 5 for Seymour)

- Boselli led the list with 6 times as a finalist 

- Mills was in his final year of eligibility as a modern era players, glad he got in, sucks that he's no longer with us, but he would have had to get in within his first 5 years or so to have been alive

- Cliff Branch is no longer with us either, passing away in 2019, McNally is 96 and only retired in 2015

4 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

All seem to be worthy of the HOF. I couldn't place Bryant Young, and when I read an article at ESPN discussing the enshrinees, he was the only one for whom they gave no background info. Ah yes, I found out he was with SF 94-07.

Local kid who went to our arch rival. He was a beast. A more than solid DT. Never stuck me as a HOF type though.

Bier would have to chime in.

Just now, gilthorp said:

Local kid who went to our arch rival. He was a beast. A more than solid DT. Never stuck me as a HOF type though.

Bier would have to chime in.

Yes I should have qualified that "worthy" since I really wasn't familiar with Young. When I read about his career Stubblefield's name was more recognizable. Young was first team All Pro once (2nd team 3 more), and Pro Bowl 4 times in 14 seasons. 

Looking at PFR's info

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/Y/YounBr00.htm

specifically their HOF monitor, he has a score of 66.80 and that puts him at 17th on their DT list, but well below the 110 score average for HOF DTs.