[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NFL tells House panel Washington Commanders blocking documents in misconduct probe

League_Champion

I can't decide if this is just more obfuscation to make us thing they're doing something when they're not, or if the NFL is starting to get fed up with Chainsaw Dan.

Someone should just release Wilkinson's report - that would be a start. I think the retention letter for her firm made it clear she was there more to protect the team...but it would be a start at transparency. No way any woman I cared about would work with this organization.

34 minutes ago, stethant said:

I can't decide if this is just more obfuscation to make us thing they're doing something when they're not, or if the NFL is starting to get fed up with Chainsaw Dan.

Someone should just release Wilkinson's report - that would be a start. I think the retention letter for her firm made it clear she was there more to protect the team...but it would be a start at transparency. No way any woman I cared about would work with this organization.

The NFL front office has been part of the problem with covering this up.  They're simply trying to distance themselves now. As I said in another thread,  the NFL didn't conduct investigations in order to find and expose the truth.  They do investigations in order to mitigate liability. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, gilthorp said:

And the NFL has it out for certain franchises!!

This is the second time you've tried to troll me with this and it has little to nothing to do with the subject.  What I posted are not my words,  they are the words of the congressional committee who are looking into WFT and the counsel for the victims.  I seriously doubt either gives a damn what happened with the Saints in 2011.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, gilthorp said:

:tinfoilhat:

The NFL conducted an investigation and the committee says they have not been cooperative and the NFL won't release the report. Do you trust that the NFL has punished WFT and those involved enough to match the offense and do you trust that the NFL is not withholding that information in order to protect their franchise(s) from further liability?

I mean. I'm just curious. You bring up the Saints as of it has anything at all to do with this and act like I'm throwing out conspiracy theories when the information I'm repeating is coming from a congressional committee and the victims counsel. 

If you think the investigation into Washington is just a sham,  then say so. I'm certainly open to hear it. Otherwise,  I don't get your beef.

Edited by rajncajn

No beef. The NFL has lost all credibility, but Congress had quite some time ago.

Letting Kamara in the stadium last weekend is a sham.

Knowing what Snyder has been doing for years and staying silent is a sham.

Talking about it is pointless. Poking a bit is the only thing to do. Lighten up, Francis.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, gilthorp said:

No beef. The NFL has lost all credibility, but Congress had quite some time ago.

Letting Kamara in the stadium last weekend is a sham.

Knowing what Snyder has been doing for years and staying silent is a sham.

Talking about it is pointless. Poking a bit is the only thing to do. Lighten up, Francis.

:tup:

Yeah,  I can agree with all that. 

4 hours ago, League_Champion said:

Agree, right then and there he should of been sent home. The NFL is a bunch of frauds. 

Sent home?  No he should have been arrested on the spot and paraded back through the crowds in cuffs.

I posted on Monday how I thought the handling of this was a joke.  The police and nfl treated his actions as a insignificant (maybe the nfl didn't realize there was video that was about to get out, and they couldn't control the narrative). 

Sorry officers I can't be arrested right now I've got to work.  And why would the cops contact the nfl prior to arresting him.

6 minutes ago, millworkguy said:

Sent home?  No he should have been arrested on the spot and paraded back through the crowds in cuffs.

I posted on Monday how I thought the handling of this was a joke.  The police and nfl treated his actions as a insignificant (maybe the nfl didn't realize there was video that was about to get out, and they couldn't control the narrative). 

Sorry officers I can't be arrested right now I've got to work.  And why would the cops contact the nfl prior to arresting him.

I couldn't agree more. 

1 hour ago, millworkguy said:

From what I read in one story once the police identified it was Kamara, who was in Vegas for the ProBowl they had trouble tracking him down. He wasn't at the hotel used by the NFL, he had a room booked at another hotel but never showed up there either. Instead he and his his group were at an AirBnB somewhere. Eventually the police contacted NFL security to check where he was, and were told "he's on the field'. They decided at that time (possibly with some input from somebody at the NFL, but I doubt Goodell or any upper brass were involved) not to arrest him yet, and to talk to him after the game. It also sounded like they wanted him to identify his friends in the group, since they were not known yet, and maybe cops were playing nice to get him to cooperate.

Not saying any of that was right. Also not sure I agree with the idea that if anybody else (not an NFL players) had this happen and police informed their employer that they'd be fired right away. Most of us don't work in high profile businesses or positions where a legal issue like this is going to be all over the news, with our co-workers, and other business associates finding out. 

Plenty of people charged with crimes are given time to come and turn themselves in, and some cases are really not handled well or prosecuted until there is some local outrage (the Aubery murder in Georgia is a good case). That's when people really should be outraged about how police handle things because they nearly let a murderer walk, and that kind of thing happens far more often than a celebrity getting some special treatment. 

• Confused 1

Makes me wonder if they had special treatment for Kamara,  did ruggs ever get stopped when he was close to the legal limit and given a warning .

I still think special treatment for celebrities happens alot more.  A buddy of mine is a Stewart on a team plane, he compares it to having an entire plane of spoiled entitled teens, that are not used to hearing the word no.  

• Like 1

Commanders should learn from the Cowboys - a lot less expensive.

Cowboys paid $2.4 million to settle voyeurism allegations from cheerleaders against team executive, per report

The Cowboys ended a battle of alleged misconduct with a confidential settlement

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/cowboys-paid-2-4-million-to-settle-voyeurism-allegations-from-cheerleaders-against-team-executive-per-report/

7 hours ago, Riffraff said:

Commanders should learn from the Cowboys - a lot less expensive.

Cowboys paid $2.4 million to settle voyeurism allegations from cheerleaders against team executive, per report

The Cowboys ended a battle of alleged misconduct with a confidential settlement

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/cowboys-paid-2-4-million-to-settle-voyeurism-allegations-from-cheerleaders-against-team-executive-per-report/

Nothing to see here, people always pay millions to make baseless claims go away. 

If this guy really took an upskirt photo of Jones daughter (also a team executive) as alleged and retained his job that's shocking. 

2 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

innocent until guilty, 

That how Aaron Hernandez widow got to keep all the money, 

The problem is people with money buy off their accuser and are therefore not guilty, because someone takes the cash rather then doing what's right and testifies. So you end up with a 2 tier system

32 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

By agreeing to NO nda, they can punish him and with that info public knowledge and with him acknowledging his crimes, he can then stand for criminal charges.

Unless the women are exaggerating or lying.

Or they may not want to have their info be published,  I think the Stat is less then 33% of women press charges. By forcing  no nda , the women consent to having their names, Twitter handle,  address and telephone numbers out in the media in minutes.