[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Way too Early Redraft Rankings - RBs

darin3

Forgot to do this Monday, and won't have time to do WRs next Monday.. but here goes!

1.  Jonathan Taylor - IND:  Dude is a beast, still very young, and has probably the best OL clearing out huge gaps to run through.  Caught a couple of balls every week, which you'd like to see in the 3-4 catch per game range, but maybe he improves upon that.  Still, if I had the 1.01 in a redraft I'm taking Taylor, PPR or not.

2.  Derrick Henry - TEN:  Was off to a torrid pace last year before hurting the foot.  Great OL, offense runs through him, and was actually catching a couple of balls every game before his season ended.  It's Taylor and then Henry and then a bit of a dropoff in my mind.

3.  Austin Ekeler - LAC:  Had a few stinkers but remained pretty consistent.  Herbert and the Bolt offense continues to grow and get better.  Catching 65 balls in a season really helps, too.  I think he's a safe bet to score 20ppg in PPR, so solid #3 for me.

4.  Christian McCaffrey - CAR:  If he can stay healthy, he's a PPR beast.  I don't think any other RB has the potential to go for 100 yards rushing and 100 yards receiving in the same game except CMC.  If I'm at 3 or 4, I'm contemplating CMC.  Probably has more upside than Ekeler, actually.  But of course.... injuries.

5.  Najee Harris - PIT:  Was RB4 in the PPR league I'm using for this list.  Potential to get better, but also has potential to face 8 in the box with Mason Rudolph or a rookie under center.  The receptions will make him a top-5 RB with potential to be RB3.

6.  Joe Mixon - CIN:  Finished RB5 in PPR after a very solid season where he avoided injury.  The Bengal offense will only get better with improvements to the OL, which will help Mixon.  The 5 ahead of him all have huge upside, so this starts another tier of RB for me.

7. Dalvin Cook - MIN:  Had a pretty disappointing season where he missed a handful of games.  Who will be the QB for the Vikings?  I don't think it matters much.  Cook, like Mixon, is a pretty safe bet.  That said, Cook may actually have a slight advantage in terms of big game upside.

8.  Nick Chubb - CLE: If Kareem Hunt didn't steal carries (and catches), Chubb would be top-5 easily.  Too many "stinker" games and injury in 2021 held him back from being elite or even near-elite.  Still, I like the TD potential and while Hunt steals points, it also keeps Chubb fresh to dominate the 4th quarter.

9.  Alvin Kamara - NOS:  I debated whether to rank Kamara at all, given his potential legal troubles ahead.  But I am going to put him at #9 because I think the NFL will find a way to keep him on the field; maybe miss 2-4 games?  He's a PPR beast and given the question marks at QB for the Saints, it may mean a ton of dumpoffs, which are obviously great for PPR.  Obviously if he's convicted of a crime and misses significant time, he's off the list completely.

10.  D'Andre Swift - DET:  Dude caught a LOT of balls.  Ekeler-lite, really.  Will they continue to feed him the ball the same way they did last season?  If so, there's top-5 potential here.  If I'm debating between him, Kamara and Chubb, I don't think there'd be a wrong answer, honestly.

11.  Antonio Gibson - WAC:  Is "WAC" the right acronym for the Commanders?  Anyways, GIbson catches a good amount of balls and there's really no one competing for carries.  Another year under the belt, maybe a rookie QB under center... means Gibson belongs close to top-10.

12.  Elijah Mitchell - SFO:  If Trey Lance is under QB, Mitchell will still get enough work to warrant being a lower-end RB1 in PPR.  Just gotta hope that guys like Jeffery Wilson and Raheem Mostert remain in the shadows.

--------------------------

What say you, Huddlers?  I may have missed someone.  :lol: 

30 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Great list! I do think that Monty or Jacobs could slip in there this year. They both should benefit from new offenses. Isn't it amazing how Zeke and Saquon aren't even in this conversation? And they don't deserve to be. 

I gave thought to putting both Zeke and Barkley on the list but injuries and inconsistent play make them too risky to be RB1's.  That said, and especially with Barkley, if you can land him as your RB2, he has some killer upside should he stay healthy.

As a Bears fan I don't trust Montgomery as a RB1.  Solid #2 RB I'd say.  Same with Jacobs.

40 minutes ago, darin3 said:

I gave thought to putting both Zeke and Barkley on the list but injuries and inconsistent play make them too risky to be RB1's.  That said, and especially with Barkley, if you can land him as your RB2, he has some killer upside should he stay healthy.

As a Bears fan I don't trust Montgomery as a RB1.  Solid #2 RB I'd say.  Same with Jacobs.

A possible sleeper could be Etienne, especially If Robinson doesn't come back till late season. 

16 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

A possible sleeper could be Etienne, especially If Robinson doesn't come back till late season. 

Sleeper to enter RB2 territory with his ability to catch the ball and familiarity with Lawrence.  No way he enters the top-12.  I could be wrong but I don't see him in that range quite yet.

9 hours ago, darin3 said:

12.  Elijah Mitchell - SFO:  If Trey Lance is under QB, Mitchell will still get enough work to warrant being a lower-end RB1 in PPR.  Just gotta hope that guys like Jeffery Wilson and Raheem Mostert remain in the shadows.

Good chance they don't affect Mitchell - both are Free Agents.

Unless you meant to re-sign them and they just become fringe weekly inactives?

16 hours ago, Big John said:

It is WAS.  WAC was the women in the Army in WWII.

Don't think it ever stopped being WAS but the WFT (or WTF) got used a lot in the last 2 years. 

Is it GB, GBP or GNB ?  Pro Football Reference (PFR) uses the latter, most fans use GB, but I've also seen GBP. PFR also has some other odd ones for those we often just use 2 digits for, like KAN, NWE, NOR, TAM, ARI, SFO (well know as the airport code).

• Confused 1