[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

155 ncaaf players to boycott combine

millworkguy

This will be interesting. That's a lot of players that are potentially missing a chance to impress NFL teams. But that is maybe too many to keep the rules unchanged.

Still around 2,000 American deaths per day from COVID. Compare that to other countries and you may be unpleasantly surprised.

I get the mask/quarantine/rules fatigue but there are consequences to all our actions...less so for these young healthy men but there is no free lunch.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, stethant said:

Still around 1,000 - 2,000 American deaths per day from COVID. Compare that to other countries and you may be unpleasantly surprised.

I get the mask/quarantine/rules fatigue but there are consequences to all our actions...less so for these young healthy men but there is no free lunch.

15 hours ago, League_Champion said:

Agree, but at what point is enough enough and we stop this mask BS with restrictions? Do we just do this forever?? 

At what point do you stop whining about wearing a mask?  What is so offensive about this restriction compared to the millions of others we are all subject to as a member of society. Please enlighten me. 

• Sad 1

This has become a non-issue in short order.

I say good for the players for standing up for something they believe in and forcing a change.  If enough other players disagree and want the masks/bubble then they should do the same. I doubt they will have that issue though.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, stevegrab said:

What an ignorant statement, but not surprising given the source. That's not a personal attack, just a fact. Not even going to try to be civil with this nonsense. 

Restrictions are being lifted in many places based on new guidelines from the CDC based on the decreasing impact of the virus. Local grocery store removed their "masks recommended" signs and I noticed many of the employees were not wearing them, so that was probably dropped (possibly tied to vaccine status or negative test results). We removed some precautions at our church meant to improve air flow. 

33 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

You mean the BS restrictions that were there all along? You're such a good sheep Steven. 

Please put each other on ignore already.  

SS1.JPG.bdf48f048e7bb520eebd0f3f1f5c227d.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, stevegrab said:

I guess you guys are all OK with LC and his desire to make everything about politics, and spread of misinformation. Apparently so are the people who run this place. 

I'd love to limit it to the tailgate, but won't be silent when it comes up either. 

We are grown ass adults.  If anyone has a problem with LC they can put him on ignore, so please don't act like your actions are for our benefit cause its not. 

At this point its clear you two get off on it like Darin said, so I'll take my own advise and put you both on ignore and you two can enjoy your time screaming back and forth like little children.  I'm sure I won't be alone in this.  Goodbye.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, Bobby Brown said:

Just use willpower to scroll past those posts without an announcement or putting them on ignore?  

LC is an attention hound who unintentionally meets every checkpoint of predictable right wing schtick. Sometimes he recaps games from the planet kookoo and sometimes he makes sense. But most of the time he just thinks whatever happened last game defines a career.

Steve can revert to Glum off of Gulliver's Travels, but he tries to sincerely engage without having a clue on how humdrum he sounds. 

If you ignore them both, won't your feed be dominated by LordOpie?  :unsure:

Maybe I have the problem.  I feel better about myself as a person reading this nonsense and frequently engaging without spending emotional capital.  :headbang:

Eh, been using that willpower (like others here I'm sure) cause do think the occasional football post is worth discussing with said posters.  That's why I asked for the ignore to be used so can continue to engage as appropriate.  But man, there's only so much vitriol I'm willing to scroll past from two malcontents on a football forum all the time.  Then the whole championing for the forum bit and predictable follow up attack shows me its just not worth it anymore. 

So they get to go on a list that had a grand total of 5 since 2003 - Tom, GangGreen, Lone Star, AE, and Dopie.  Not sure they belong with those in that list, but is what it is.  :shrug:    

3 hours ago, Def. said:

So they get to go on a list that had a grand total of 5 since 2003 - Tom, GangGreen, Lone Star, AE, and Dopie.  Not sure they belong with those in that list, but is what it is.  :shrug:    

Heh...  Baby Jane.  For some reason that guy never bothered me.  I sorta admired the dedication.  He never broke character.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1