[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Packers QB Aaron Rodgers torn on where he wants to play in 2022

League_Champion

It's lying season. But who?

March 2nd per Schefter:

When asked if he had received trade calls about his MVP quarterback, Gutekunst replied, "Not at all. Not at all. Not a single person."

March 5th per Florio:

As Florio puts it, the Packers already have potential trades laid out with the other three AFC teams if Rodgers decides he doesn’t want to stay in Green Bay.

Or does Florio mean the Packers have internal trade scenarios without actually talking to the other teams?

• Like 1

I'm not sure where I saw it - I think on twitter maybe. But it was one of the funnier things I've seen about Rodgers who was described as "the pretty girl that you have to tell every day that she is pretty."

15 minutes ago, DMD said:

I'm not sure where I saw it - I think on twitter maybe. But it was one of the funnier things I've seen about Rodgers who was described as "the pretty girl that you have to tell every day that she is pretty."

Charles Barkley

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, darin3 said:

Watch Davante Adams sign today, too.  Or at least get tagged with the hopes of signing long term.

Adams and the Packers aren't close to a new contract and will likely get a franchise tag.

3 minutes ago, Big John said:

Adams and the Packers aren't close to a new contract and will likely get a franchise tag.

That's what was reported when Rodgers was still in limbo.  Now that he's signed I bet things move smoother.

The thing Rodgers has wanted is more receiving options besides Adams. Getting payed 50mil a season is not going to help change that. I think this proves he cares more about money than about winning another Super Bowl. 

for fantasy purposes I would have enjoyed seeing what he could do in Denver or Pittsburgh 

Edited by Finn5033

Will be interesting to see the contract details. The linked report says it reduces his cap number, so that's a good thing with regard to being able to sign Adams and others. But how much is really guaranteed at signing, when do the Packers have a reasonable out with regard to cap hit (probably after 2 or 3 years). 

As an Adams owner I don't care if he is tagged or sings a new deal, I just want him in GB catching passes from Rodgers. 

In 17 years with the Packers Rodgers has been paid a whopping  263.6 million dollars, an average of $15.5M a year. Hope he's making some wise investments. 

22 minutes ago, Big John said:

He was franchise-tagged today.

the only sensible move. Adams will be an unhappy camper.  And what about Adams in 2023?  I can't see him there beyond this year.  Packers going all-in on 2022.  

2 hours ago, Dcat said:

the only sensible move. Adams will be an unhappy camper.  And what about Adams in 2023?  I can't see him there beyond this year.  Packers going all-in on 2022.  

I don't know, I think he really likes playing with Rodgers and the team will figure out a way to properly compensate him for being one of the best WRs in the game.

13 hours ago, Riffraff said:

Adams probably signs eventually to match the end of Rodgers contract. He'll get his money and also get some career stats that can possibly get him a gold jacket.

He's been tagged.