[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Wentz is a Commie!

Dcat

I suppose the Colts might have interest in Jimmy G, but this sums up how I feel (from Huddle Player news).

Huddle Up: Trade one veteran game manager away to acquire a new one who is coming off shoulder surgery? Meh. Garoppolo isn't an obvious upgrade from Wentz, and he's certainly not a fantasy football target for gamers serious about winning.

Wentz is frustrating as hell. He's so damn talented and looks the part but just can't put it all together. Perhaps he is uncoachable but I don't believe that he's not a leader. The players in Philly all had his back when he was benched for Hurts and I never heard a bad word said about him publicly. He'll drive you crazy. 

• Like 1

Clearly a lot more going on here than just the trade. Irsay refused a meeting with Wentz in the last month, they had already definitively decided they were moving on. Hearing rumors about off-season issues, less than stellar personality, can't take coaching, poor leadership. I don't know exactly what the issue is, as his performance was not terrible, although the collapse at the end was obviously pretty disappointing. However, to move on from QB when you have nobody to replace him was fairly extreme, so whatever it was, they felt strongly. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

I can't see Cousins or Carr going anywhere but who knows? Is anyone really knocking down Jordan Love's door? That leaves Jimmy G, or SF as the big winner. I DOUBT IT but you may see a bidding war for Jimmy G. 

9 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

I forgot about him. There's a lot of rumors tying him to the Giants as well. 

Really?  The only connection I could see there is the 1-year overlap with Daboll, but is there really much difference between Jones and Trubisky at this point?

Also, do we need 2 threads on Wentz?  :shrug: 

7 minutes ago, darin3 said:

Really?  The only connection I could see there is the 1-year overlap with Daboll, but is there really much difference between Jones and Trubisky at this point?

Also, do we need 2 threads on Wentz?  :shrug: 

Apparently Daboll loves Trubisky. Honestly, I'd rather see what Trubisky can do in a new offense. I've been watching Jones for years and am less than impressed.