[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Carson Wentz Traded to Washington

League_Champion

Per nbcsportsedge

https://www.nbcsportsedge.com/football/nfl/player/11167/carson-wentz

The Athletic's Zak Keefer reports the Colts' issues with ex-QB Carson Wentz "stretched back to before the season began."

Keefer paints a picture of a quarterback who was basically never liked or respected from the second he showed up in Indianapolis. "Over the course of the year, some grew frustrated at what they deemed a lack of leadership, a resistance to hard coaching and a reckless style of play, which had a role in several close losses this year." Other than that Mrs. Lincoln? But there's more. "The quarterback, who learned he was on shaky ground with the organization over the last month, reached out to owner Jim Irsay in hopes of setting up a meeting to 'clear the air,' a source said. But Irsay declined the meeting." Yikes. These are the exact kind of things that were said about Wentz his final days in Philadelphia. He frankly sounds unpleasant to work with. It is impossible to see how this will work in the league's most dysfunctional organization in Washington. Best of luck, "Commanders" fans. 

Source: The Athletic
Mar 9, 2022, 4:09 PM ET

He's never been the same since the ACL injury in 2017 when he had a stellar year on the way to the Eagles SB victory. He was listed #3 on the NFL top 100 players for 2018 list (an ESPN thing based on player voting). Then he had lots of losing and bad stats. 

He's probably broken beyond repair. 

1 hour ago, Big John said:

I thought that was NFL Network that did that.

As usual you are correct. I saw the reference to the list, and only quickly looked at some info that showed when I had my mouse on the link, checked it again and have no idea where the hell I got ESPN from. Must drink more coffee...

1 hour ago, League_Champion said:

I agree, it's something upstairs. Look at his stats last year, they were pretty darn good. 27/7, 94.6 rating I believe? Most teams would take that in a heartbeat. He seems to get the yips in crunch time, I can't explain it. 

Dang good memory on those stats, (I had his PFR page open and checked, you get a 100% correct :clap:  )

He took a beating in 2020, 50 sacks in 12 games, 16TDs with 15INTs, so he did rebound some last year. 

From some of the stuff that's put brought up that I've read, a big part of their disappointment with him could be his performance in close games. They lost 3 games by 3 points (he had 3 picks combined in those) and another 3 by 4-8 points (another 5 total turnovers in those games [3 in the loss to TB]).  That makes 6 of their 8 losses by one score, while only 2 of 9 wins were a single score. Losing 3/4 of your close games while your QB is turning the ball over frequently isn't good. 

56 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

No, especially when one of those games was against the pitiful Jaguars. It's mind boggling

That wasn't even a close loss, they lost by 15 points....but Wentz did have 2 turnovers and a weak 74.6 rating

57 interceptions and 66 fumbles (28 lost) in 6 seasons (85 games) seems pretty high. 

14 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

That wasn't even a close loss, they lost by 15 points....but Wentz did have 2 turnovers and a weak 74.6 rating

57 interceptions and 66 fumbles (28 lost) in 6 seasons (85 games) seems pretty high. 

I think that's what drives coaches crazy. He goes off script a lot, he tries to be a hero when all they need is consistency. He'd also hold onto the ball waaaay too long at times which always drove me nuts.