[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Watson news - won't face criminal charges

darin3

:o

Thought the Browns were out of the running for Watson. Wow!

And $230 mil guaranteed is insane.

With all that green stuff he can settle the 22 civil lawsuits against him.

Edited by Wolverines Fan

18 minutes ago, Wolverines Fan said:

:o

Thought the Browns were out of the running for Watson. Wow!

And $230 mil guaranteed is insane.

With all that green stuff he can settle the 22 civil lawsuits against him.

He’ll need the $$$$ to pay the women’s! 😂 

18 minutes ago, League_Champion said:
Most guaranteed money on a single contract in NFL history: Deshaun Watson $230 million Aaron Rodgers: $150.7 million Josh Allen: $150 million Patrick Mahomes: $141.5 million Dak Prescott: $126 million

And it's only 5 years! He will get another massive one while he's in his prime.

I'm not a Watson fan only because of those 22 allegations. But the talent is undeniable. And it's not like the Browns did much with their picks anyways. Use them for a proven commodity instead of swinging and missing

4 hours ago, Big John said:

Out of this contract, his 2022 base salary is only $1 million, meaning any suspension will come out of this.  twitter

I learned through that link that John Clayton passed. He was one of the few reporters I really listened to. RIP 🙏🏽

19 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

Seattle might've gotten fair compensation, but from the perspective of a fan who watched Peyton manning and then nothing, i would've given much more for a franchise QB.

You don't trade a top qb, ever. You find a way to make it work. If you can't make it work, then you fire GM and HC, cuz that's their job.

I think that's a good point. I think the belichek, Brady experiment is basically evidence that a QB is more important than a HC (at least for sure in the short term), so hard to argue you are wrong. Would that have worked though? Maybe, based on what Russ wanted, but at the same time, we are creating a situation where good QB's are now calling the shots. Which a lot of us don't like, but the fact is a good QB is by far your most valuable asset and keeping them happy is arguably their top priority.