[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Watson news - won't face criminal charges

darin3

7 hours ago, Finn5033 said:

It just shines the light even brighter on an embarrassing situation. The trade, the ridiculous contract, setting up the contract so his base salary is only 1mil this year to help him out for a suspension, the weird creepy introductory press conference. I mean seriously what a disaster. The Browns went from finally being relevant, and fun to watch and cheer for to being the team everyone wants to see crash and burn.

I honestly feel bad for the fans. Ownership and management really screwed this one up. It was a desperate move that they took way too far

+1. Couldn't have said it any better.

New York tines has a piece about Watson having booked 65 plus massages, being able to use a venue provided by the Texans,  and the team drafted and provided him with a non disclosure agreement for the women to sign.

One woman who isn't suing Watson (as she doesn't want to be named, nor have her family involved) said:

that he was persistent in his requests for sexual acts during their massage, including “begging” her to put her mouth on his penis.

“I specifically had to say, ‘No, I can’t do that,’” said the woman, who spoke on condition of anonymity to protect her family’s privacy

https://news.google.com/articles/CAIiEKNbRrjtvQeLKtqb1uRHM5YqFwgEKg8IACoHCAowjuuKAzCWrzwwxoEY?hl=en-CA&gl=CA&ceid=CA%3Aen

On 2022-06-05 at 12:53 PM, BillyBalata said:

A grand jury doesn't exonerate anyone.  the prosecutor presents evidence to them to get them to decide to indict the defendant. Once they indict it then goes to a judge, the judge asks the grand jury to confirm the indictment and then they can charge them.

It was basically a rubber stamp. the prosecutor provides his evidence, that's it. nothing else is told to the grand jury, only what the prosecutor wants them to hear.

In the article above it states that's Watson’s lawyer got to present to the grand jury as well, and made them a slide presentation,  also of note is that the district attorney on spoke to the lawyer for the women once, while having more then a dozen conversations with Watson’s attorney (who was a former prosecutor)

23 hours ago, League_Champion said:

This is pretty creepy and graphic.

https://sports.yahoo.com/24th-lawsuit-filed-against-browns-quarterback-deshaun-watson-alleges-graphic-encounter-165255375.html

Here are the claims in the suit.

“Plaintiff immediately stopped the massage. Apparently responding to look of shock on Plaintiff’s face, Watson said to Plaintiff, ‘Relax. It is ok to touch it.’ Plaintiff refused Watson’s entreaties. Watson then stood up and continued masturbating more aggressively. As he did so, Watson asked the Plaintiff ‘Where do you want me to put it?’ Plaintiff by this point was in complete shock and could not speak. She froze. Watson quickly ejaculated; some of his ejaculate got on Plaintiff’s chest and face. Plaintiff immediately left the room, and ran into the bathroom to clean Watson’s ejaculate off of her. Watson offered no apology or explanation for this conduct. He instead got dressed, paid Plaintiff $150 via Cash App and left.”

In before the 25th victim gets announced. 

What’s going to get really weird is when women start coming out alleging this has been happening SINCE the initial lawsuits came out. 

"happy baby yoga pose"

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/06/07/sports/football/deshaun-watson.html

"In their first session, she said he got into the happy baby yoga pose — on his back with his feet in his hands — and asked her to massage between his testicles and anus. She laughed off the request but said he grabbed her wrist and put her hand there."

2 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

WHAT?

If you read the article I shared it explains it. The Texans had a membership for him at the Houstonian where he could have a room, use the club and spa, etc. The guy in charge of security for the Texans drafted a NDA letter for him after a woman sent some things out on Instagram saying she could really screw him over after one of these massages. It isn't clear how much the Houston ownership was aware of this, if they knew he was having masseuses coming over frequently to this place they provided him, what things were happening there, were they apprised of the NDA the head of security drafted, etc. 

2 minutes ago, purplemonster said:

If you read the article I shared it explains it. The Texans had a membership for him at the Houstonian where he could have a room, use the club and spa, etc. The guy in charge of security for the Texans drafted a NDA letter for him after a woman sent some things out on Instagram saying she could really screw him over after one of these massages. It isn't clear how much the Houston ownership was aware of this, if they knew he was having masseuses coming over frequently to this place they provided him, what things were happening there, were they apprised of the NDA the head of security drafted, etc. 

Houston ownership is extremely involved in all of this.  It reeks of all kinds of tampering.  I'm not saying Watson is innocent of doing some seemingly creepy things, but I think Houston's owners are trying to screw him over.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, darin3 said:

Houston ownership is extremely involved in all of this.  It reeks of all kinds of tampering.  I'm not saying Watson is innocent of doing some seemingly creepy things, but I think Houston's owners are trying to screw him over.

18 minutes ago, darin3 said:

He clearly has a fetish / sexual addiction.  

I don't know what they knew, but I don't think your opinion is unwarranted. I don't know how these contracts and trades were set up, but I feel like there are potentially a lot of lawsuits on the horizon here if this continues to go south. The women and Desean, potentially the Browns and Desean, the Texans and Browns (or do they handle this internally?). Sounds messy. 

Edited by purplemonster

17 minutes ago, purplemonster said:

Sometimes NYT requires an email or subscription to read it. Here's the free story here:

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-deshaun-watson-66-women-for-massages-17-months-texans-behavior-221930918.html

On 2022-05-31 at 6:59 PM, millworkguy said:

I find this really interesting,  as it maybe a way for Cleveland to void Watson’s contract.   There was alot of language about all the cases that he told them about,  a new case (additional massages) may not have been included in the list and may open the door for the team.

Pro football focus wrote an article about this today:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/06/07/could-24th-lawsuit-against-deshaun-watson-eventually-allow-browns-to-void-his-guarantees/

1 hour ago, millworkguy said:

In the article above it states that's Watson’s lawyer got to present to the grand jury as well, and made them a slide presentation,  also of note is that the district attorney on spoke to the lawyer for the women once, while having more then a dozen conversations with Watson’s attorney (who was a former prosecutor)

i can't access your link. but if true, which i have my doubts.  it just proves the point the prosecutor was incompetent.  it should also be pointed out grand jury procedings are considered secret and it's a violation of law to reveal what occurred.

Grand Juries Are Non-Adversarial Proceedings

Unlike a preliminary hearing held in court with the defense side present, the grand jury doesn't make its decision in the context of an adversary proceeding. Rather, it's a one-sided affair. Grand jurors see and hear only what prosecutors put before them

Secrecy. Grand jury proceedings are secret in accordance with Rule 6(e) of the Federal Rules of Criminal Procedure. No judge is present; the proceedings are led by a prosecutor; and the defendant has no right to present his case or (in many instances) to be informed of the proceedings at all.

Edited by BillyBalata

14 minutes ago, BillyBalata said:

i can't access your link. but if true, which i have my doubts.  it just proves the point the prosecutor was incompetent.  it should also be pointed out grand jury procedings are considered secret and it's a violation of law to reveal what occurred.

47 minutes ago, Shaft said:

Sometimes NYT requires an email or subscription to read it. Here's the free story here:

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-deshaun-watson-66-women-for-massages-17-months-texans-behavior-221930918.html

Read it here

21 minutes ago, BillyBalata said:

The actual paragraph if that yahoo version isn't the full text

In March 2021, Stallings prepared to present her cases against Watson to the Harris County grand jury. She and Hardin exchanged more than a dozen calls and messages during the week of the hearing. Instead of putting his client in front of the grand jury, Hardin created a slide presentation arguing for Watson’s innocence and gave it to Stallings along with other documents he deemed important

“We will let our submissions to you on our client’s behalf serve as our presentation to the Grand Jury,” Hardin told her in an email. The grand jury declined to charge Watson, and a Brazoria County panel followed suit.

Edited by millworkguy

Just now, BillyBalata said:

yea, that doesn't say the grand jury saw the slide show. just says watsons lawyer presented the prosecutor with the slide show.

It says from his lawyer "we will let our submissions to you serve as our presentation to the grand jury"  so yes, it doesn't say they actually saw a presentation,  but I think it's clear the defense expected to be able to have a presentation to the grand jury,  so the prosecutor may not be the only one they hears from

lol, if the prosecutor chose to show it to them, sure, but why would they?  my point still stands, the grand jury only hears what the prosecutor wants them to hear. if they saw the slide show, it's only because the prosecutor chose to.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BillyBalata said:

lol, if the prosecutor chose to show it to them, sure, but why would they?  my point still stands, the grand jury only hears what the prosecutor wants them to hear. if they saw the slide show, it's only because the prosecutor chose to.

I should have just cut and paste the entire article, 

the defense being given access to the grand jury, or letting the accused actually speak to them is

(Amanda Peters, a former Harris County prosecutor who teaches law at South Texas College of Law in Houston,) said such submissions, known as grand jury packets, are not the norm for the average person facing charges. They are more commonly introduced in high-profile cases in which the client can afford an elaborate and costly defense.

Of course this got local news coverage last night, and one thing they tried to do was account for those 66 or so masseuses he saw. 25 have filed civil suits, at least one filed charges but not a civil suit, 15 or so came forward to defend Watson and say he never did anything (something that isn't reported often, since it doesn't fit the "he's a creep" narrative).

This guy was damaged goods when the Browns traded for him, they were just hoping the stench would fade, and there would be no real punishment. When the coaches are asked about the potential of playing a large portion of the season relying on Brissett and his backup, they say "we have to wait and see", but I guarantee they are doing everything they can to prepare for it. And worried that it could go really bad, and see him possibly never get on the field.

If more allegations from a time since this all became public come up, he could be done in the NFL, because it will clearly show he has not changed, cannot change and will not change. 

Jesus just hire a prostitute, or keep a few women on the side for some of your kinky action, you have plenty of money to afford it. And he says he's a good man, raised by grandma and respects all women. BS.