[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Free Agency Tracker

League_Champion

I just have to ask, when they write these contracts do they anticipate not paying them out since a lot of it isn't "guaranteed money?"  I'm curious because I don't understand how we can pay a football team more than most corporations?  

7 hours ago, 1fastdoc said:

I just have to ask, when they write these contracts do they anticipate not paying them out since a lot of it isn't "guaranteed money?"  I'm curious because I don't understand how we can pay a football team more than most corporations?  

Pretty much ,4 years, $73M, with $36M guaranteed and a $10.6M salary in 2022 and not much other details so is the other $25M plus bonus, or future guaranteed seasons. 

As for how these salaries compare to corporations, a quick search shows 2021 ranged from 172 to 205 million, for players. Then add coaches, other staff, facilities and other expenses....

On 6/6/2022 at 12:21 PM, stevegrab said:

Some articles that cover the Njoku contract in more detail, basically a 2 year $25M contract. He should be used more in the offense, and poor QB play last year really limited his ability. He had a lot of drops early in his career but improved. Hooper is gone who they were also paying. Not as horrible a move as some think.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/05/31/inside-the-david-njoku-deal/

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2022/06/talking-to-myself-about-david-njokus-contract-and-the-browns-terry-pluto.html

Is the QB situation going on be much better this year?

11 hours ago, j4pac said:

Is the QB situation going on be much better this year?

He won't have an injured QB playing a bunch of games hopefully. A health Brissett would have been better than a battered Baker. 

Nobody knows what is going to happen to Watson, those pretending they do know it will be "a serious unprecedented suspension" are just guessing. Plus my post and the article in it were written before some of the most recent accusations and the belief that more will keep coming every day.