[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Free Agency Tracker

League_Champion

10 hours ago, Shaft said:

I think I saw $52 million guaranteed. 

In isolation, that doesn't sound like a good value. 52 million for a 33 y.o. Von Miller. But Buff is going for it while they can. 

It would be nice if they used guarantees as the benchmark rather than total contract value. You can offer a guy 3 year, 60 million dollars but it won't matter if the last year is 30 million and not guaranteed so virtually no chance it will be paid. It would be interesting to see how much of these contract values actually pay out past the guarantees. QB's may be an exception there, as the prices have risen so fast for them and there is a scarcity of good ones. 

Edited by purplemonster

14 hours ago, millworkguy said:

Depending on how much is guaranteed,  it may just be to spread out the cap hit

Amazing people still don't get this after years of these type of contracts. Until the details are released we don't really know what it means. 

I found this, and if accurate the contract is very back loaded, like many are. 

The contract is for six years and up to $120 million, according to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, who was first to report the deal. According to multiple reports, Miller's contract will pay him $52.5 million over the first three years, and includes $45 million fully guaranteed at signing. 

According to multiple sources former Browns WR Rashard Higgins is signing a one year deal with the Panthers.

I think Donovan Peoples Jones was already expected to be the #2 WR opposite Cooper, but still would have liked to see Higgins stay. Second year WR Anthony Schwartz will be expected to play a bigger role, plus the Browns are still likely to use a high draft pick on another WR. 

5 hours ago, stevegrab said:

Amazing people still don't get this after years of these type of contracts. Until the details are released we don't really know what it means. 

I found this, and if accurate the contract is very back loaded, like many are. 

The contract is for six years and up to $120 million, according to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, who was first to report the deal. According to multiple reports, Miller's contract will pay him $52.5 million over the first three years, and includes $45 million fully guaranteed at signing. 

Even though we are on a NFL forum, guys still here follow many sports so it is weird sometimes because MLB and NBA contracts are what they say they are as it is all guaranteed. NFL reports often come out the same way but typically worth a lot less than the billed amount 

41 minutes ago, Big John said:

Won't the Rams have too many mouths to feed?

Yeah,  I don't see how this one makes much sense for either side. I wouldn't have thought the Rams would even be in the market for a veteran receiver.

2 hours ago, Dcat said:

I just read McKissic changed his mind and is returning to Washington for the same money Buffalo offered. LOL.  

let me stay with a cellar dweller instead of a contender.