[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Free Agency Tracker

League_Champion

12 hours ago, League_Champion said:

Good news for the Miami running game.

@AdamSchefter

Former Saints’ OT Terron Armstead reached agreement on a five-year deal with the Miami Dolphins, source tells ESPN.

Here's the actual link to the Armstead signing 

https://mobile.twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1506415671546101765

Wow 5 years $87.5M, with half guaranteed. He's a Pro Bowl OT, but hasn't played an entire season in his career and missed quite a few games over the last 5-6 years (9 last year, 9 in 2016 and 6 each 2017/18). 

Edited by stevegrab

1 hour ago, stevegrab said:

Here's the actual link to the Armstead signing 

https://mobile.twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1506415671546101765

Wow 5 years $87.5M, with half guaranteed. He's a Pro Bowl OT, but hasn't played an entire season in his career and missed quite a few games over the last 5-6 years (9 last year, 9 in 2016 and 6 each 2017/18). 

When he is playing he is a game changer. But yes it is true he is very injury prone. Im happy and sad he is leaving my team. Now we have to find his replacement.  

13 minutes ago, CrazyCajun said:

When he is playing he is a game changer. But yes it is true he is very injury prone. Im happy and sad he is leaving my team. Now we have to find his replacement.  

Didn't mean to sound overly critical, I was curious how long he's been in the league, and when I saw his season stats with games played I thought it was quite a bit and worth mentioning. 

Good OL are hard to come by and a key to any good football team. They're not glitzy like a QB RB/WR or a pass rusher though.

8 minutes ago, Shaft said:

MVS signs with the Chiefs. 

Could see this coming, they trade speed away and then bring some in. 

Jets possibly looking at AJ Brown, Deebo or Metcalf in a trade after losing out on the Hill deal...

8 hours ago, irish said:

Jets possibly looking at AJ Brown, Deebo or Metcalf in a trade after losing out on the Hill deal...

This eminated from a Rich Cimini article.  I've been reading Cimini for over 35 years and in the spring he enjoys writing about his fantasies...  from what I can ascertain, he is not in on any info that the other beat reporters are.  Connor Hughes is the only reliable beat guy for the NY jets right now.

But, in the unlikely event this is all true... here is my choice from those 3:    AJ 

/end thread right here.

11 hours ago, irish said:

11 hours ago, LordOpie said:

Um, are aj or deebo even available?

Why would TEN entertain this?

The only reason any of those guys could possibly be on the table in any way shape or form is because they are unrestricted free agents after this season, just like Hill. If they indicate they are not going to take an extension with their current team, and are willing to sit out on the franchise tag, then it could behoove teams to move them and get something, like the Chiefs did, rather than the possibility of them leaving in free agency.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dcat said:

This eminated from a Rich Cimini article.  I've been reading Cimini for over 35 years and in the spring he enjoys writing about his fantasies...  from what I can ascertain, he is not in on any info that the other beat reporters are.  Connor Hughes is the only reliable beat guy for the NY jets right now.

But, in the unlikely event this is all true... here is my choice from those 3:    AJ 

/end thread right here.

You'd rather have AJ Brown over Deebo Samuel?  Interesting.  

I read somewhere today that the Jets, according to a source, were heavily interested in one of the draft prospects at #10. I wanna say it was Drake London, but I don't remember for sure. I'll see if I can find it again. It may have been from a podcast as well.

7 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

I read somewhere today that the Jets, according to a source, were heavily interested in one of the draft prospects at #10. I wanna say it was Drake London, but I don't remember for sure. I'll see if I can find it again. It may have been from a podcast as well.

I think I heard something similar on ESPN this morning as I was getting ready for work.  Would pair nicely with Elijah Moore's skillset.  I guess Corey Davis would probably be set free.

5 hours ago, darin3 said:

You'd rather have AJ Brown over Deebo Samuel?  Interesting.  

yes. Deebo, I suspect, will be injury prone as much as I love his game...  For a single year of fantasy I'd pick Deebo > AJ, but for a 3-4 yr deal... AJ for me.  DK is a straight line speed threat and is prematurely showing diva behavioral signs.  

AJ for the long term.

4 hours ago, darin3 said:

I think I heard something similar on ESPN this morning as I was getting ready for work.  Would pair nicely with Elijah Moore's skillset.  I guess Corey Davis would probably be set free.

Corey Davis is in yr 2 of his 3 year contract and can be released with minimal to no cap hit after the end of 2022 season.  This year's salary is 100% guaranteed which Jets would have to eat, so he's going nowhere in 2022.  

Edited by Dcat

4 minutes ago, Dcat said:

yes. Deebo, I suspect, will be injury prone as much as I love his game...  For a single year of fantasy I'd pick Deebo > AJ, but for a 3-4 yr deal... AJ for me.  DK is a straight line speed threat and is prematurely showing diva behavioral signs.  

AJ for the long term.

AJ Brown missed games in both 2020 and 2021.  Yeah Deebo missed a lot of 2020 but only 1 game in 2021.  If anything I'd say both are about as injury-prone as the other.

I'm not necessarily disagreeing with your choice; as Brown is a potential stud too.... but in terms of injury and "disappearing", I'd say Brown's shown more of that than Deebo.