[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Free Agency Tracker

League_Champion

5 minutes ago, CrazyCajun said:

90% of the Mocks im seeing he is landing at 19. He fell a little because of his injury. If he didnt get hurt he would of been the first one off the board. Saints are so underrated right now. They are scary good when they plug up those couple holes they have. Imagine having MT, Jarvis, and Williams as your main receiving core. Then you have boom and zoom in the back field and a QB that is only a couple years removed from a 5k passing year. Also, the defense was top 3 last year and they only lost their safeties which will be addressed in the draft and between Maye, Evans, and PJ they will hold their own. 

I'm not sure he gets by the Eagles. He'd be the perfect compliment for Smith. They are in a rebuild of sorts and don't need him immediately. That would be a typical Howie Roseman pick. 

24 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

I'm not sure he gets by the Eagles. He'd be the perfect compliment for Smith. They are in a rebuild of sorts and don't need him immediately. That would be a typical Howie Roseman pick. 

Unless they decided to go with a safer pick and get Olave or Wilson. Some teams don't want to mess with someone that already has a bad injury. 

38 minutes ago, CrazyCajun said:

Unless they decided to go with a safer pick and get Olave or Wilson. Some teams don't want to mess with someone that already has a bad injury. 

Dynasty owners will agree with this as well,  I can easily see him being wr5 when we start drafting.

1 hour ago, League_Champion said:

A lot of the mocks I see have the Eagles going with Drake London there.  Better complement to Smith than Williams, honestly.

29 minutes ago, darin3 said:

A lot of the mocks I see have the Eagles going with Drake London there.  Better complement to Smith than Williams, honestly.

Being seeing that as well. He has been pretty frequently like the 3rd or 4th WR off the board and majority at the time is with the Eagles. 

4 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

I could see that as well. They definitely need a bigger WR, Smith is tiny. 

Right.  And wow, I didn't realize Jameson Williams is 6'2".  I always thought of him as a smaller WR... like 6' or under.

16 hours ago, rajncajn said:

Agree 100%.

No team is going to pay him $20M a year, you know which NFL WRs make that much?  I see 8 WRs in the NFL getting that much in total compensation annually, based on Spotrac.com (https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/rankings/cash/wide-receiver/) and he isn't in their league. Great player, awesome for a team in general, but nowhere near worth $20M.

When he was released by the Browns he was under a 5 year $75M contract (signed in 2018 when he was traded to the Browns after MIA put a franchise tag on him). 

I dunno about that, guys.  Denver was going to bring in a back to complement Williams no matter what; whether through free agency or the draft.  Williams is not a bellcow.  Wasn't in college, wasn't gonna be in the NFL.  Now, does this cap some of his massive upside?  Sure, probably.  But if you were planning on Williams getting Jonathan Taylor like amount of usage, you were just kidding yourself.  

But look, Williams is the younger, fresher, more explosive back at this point.  Gordon was brought in to keep him fresh.  I still think Williams will put up lower-end RB1 type of numbers.

Much ado about nothing if you ask me.  :shrug: 

Edited by darin3
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

A 50/50 split is definitely concerning IMO. It worked last season, I don't see that changing much. That's going to hurt anyone. But I do hope you're right. 

Williams was RB11 in 0.5 PPR in the second half of the 2021 season.  I expect him to be in that range for this upcoming season.

8 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

A 50/50 split is definitely concerning IMO. It worked last season, I don't see that changing much. That's going to hurt anyone. But I do hope you're right. 

Not many bell cows anymore. There is a lot of committee back fields now. 

I'm pretty sure that OBJ will not be returning to the Browns, he recently put up his home for sale. I wonder how much he spent on improvements, he's looking to get $3.3M but only paid about half (1.6). Property taxes are a hefty $27K/year.  

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/24559-Eagle-Pointe-Columbia-Station-OH-44028/104341598_zpid/?

Includes many pics showing numerous NFL jerseys (including a NE TB12) and a massive shoe collection. 

9 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

I'm pretty sure that OBJ will not be returning to the Browns, he recently put up his home for sale. I wonder how much he spent on improvements, he's looking to get $3.3M but only paid about half (1.6). Property taxes are a hefty $27K/year.  

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/24559-Eagle-Pointe-Columbia-Station-OH-44028/104341598_zpid/?

Includes many pics showing numerous NFL jerseys (including a NE TB12) and a massive shoe collection. 

Almost 14,000 square feet and only 4 bedrooms? That's odd. I like the outside of the house but the inside is gaudy, very OBJ ish. 

17 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Almost 14,000 square feet and only 4 bedrooms? That's odd. I like the outside of the house but the inside is gaudy, very OBJ ish. 

The gym appears to be a large outbuilding and is probably also being counted. What I find wild with these huge homes is having many more bathrooms than bedrooms.