[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Complaints about the Commanders' business practices

purplemonster

I don't follow Washington that closely but clearly they are suffering from image concerns already, and this is now the second story I have heard in a few days where there has been uncharacteristically frank criticism of Washington. McKissic and Ionnaidis. Not sure how much is just sharp elbowed business practices but not sure it is helping rehabilitate their image. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/2022/03/bills-brandon-beane-visibly-angry-about-what-washington-pulled-to-get-jd-mckissic.html%3foutputType=amp

https://news.google.com/articles/CAIiECcPYMCDsibLkbCVcwwGU80qMwgEKioIACIQmVkainRlhkortmM2w1uYSSoUCAoiEJlZGop0ZYZKK7ZjNsNbmEkw0YCWBw?hl=en-US&gl=US&ceid=US%3Aen

Edited by purplemonster

Just now, LordOpie said:

I'm not following them, but from your link...

“That was tough,” Beane said. “Obviously he was a guy we had targeted and in this business in general when you have an agreement... "

he sounds like a whiney bitch. Does that mean Denver is wrong for signing Randy Gregory, who had a deal in place with Dallas?

beane is a fart

Could be. Maybe that is just sour grapes, that is why I posted this. I am not familiar with the 'unwritten rules' of signing players. But I know that if you rely on unwritten rules you are also likely to be disappointed at some point 

• Thanks 1

Shouldn't his real beef be with the agent and player, who accepted a different offer after having already agreed to one? 

I get the "we have an offer in place so teams should stop talking to that player" part, but ultimately the player you had an agreement with screwed you. 

Some of this stuff is so complicated to begin with, a "legal tampering period" just sounds stupid, but that is far from uncommon in today's professional sports landscape. 

On 3/19/2022 at 12:14 PM, LordOpie said:

I can't believe the NFL made the Carolina Panthers be sold, yet the Washington owner doesn't get punished for trying to pimp out the cheerleaders

I mean we really gotta wonder on this one. Was Jerry Richardson just caught so personally red handed that it was a total no-brainer? Dan Snyder is a complete POS and so far zero repercussions.

20 minutes ago, stethant said:

I mean we really gotta wonder on this one. Was Jerry Richardson just caught so personally red handed that it was a total no-brainer? Dan Snyder is a complete POS and so far zero repercussions.

Maybe Snyder has dirt on a bunch of other owners and is willing to use it. Or wields more power in the NFL owners group than Richardson did. Maybe he gets bonus points for caving to pressure and changing the name, before the NFL had to force him to do it "for the good of the league". 

They were fined $10M and Snyder was forced to give up day to day operations to his wife. And of course he has no influence over her, and since she is a woman she won't do nasty stuff to other women. Goodell says they were "held accountable' but there was no full report for anybody to review at any time, just take our word for it. 

Was Hugh Hefner an idol of Snyder's, quite a few similarities with stories coming out lately about what went on behind the walls of the mansion.