[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tyreek Hill given permission to seek trade

Big John

2 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

great off-season

however, why Miami and Jets want to give up assets and contract to a guy who isn't going to put themover the top is beyond me.

i'm not surprised that GB isn't going after him because he probably wants Adams' level money

The Packers offered to match the Raiders contract, but Adams declined.  They need to offer that to Hill ASAP.

5 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

great off-season

however, why Miami and Jets want to give up assets and contract to a guy who isn't going to put themover the top is beyond me.

i'm not surprised that GB isn't going after him because he probably wants Adams' level money

I wholeheartedly disgree.  Both Tua and Wilson need to have their weapons VASTLY improved for them to have ANY chance of success.  And VASTLY is an understatement.

5 minutes ago, DMD said:

Zach Wilson vs. Tua Tagovailoa is the choice he is making? 

Is it his choice to make or is it the Chefs' choice?  Obviously, the acquiring team will need to have a deal in place to extend Hill beyond 2022, the last year on his contract.

Obviously all about the money to some of these guys.  Let's see how Hill likes it without Mahomes throwing him the ball and Kelce commanding so much attention in the middle of the field.  Drop Hill WAY down in your rankings if he goes to either of these places.

• Like 3

A quick summary of the jets message board right now:

Everything is against us.

He lives in Miami

The weather in Miami

No state income tax

Agent is based in Miami

Has great relationship with the Dolphins

I'd be surprised if we got him

Yes, we are the 

DD.gif 's of the sporting world.  But he is probably right.  Good luck on the Dolphins Tyreek.

Edited by Dcat
  • Like 1

Unless Hill wanted out of KC they must have been far apart on the contract, otherwise I can’t imagine why he’d want to leave. 

He already has the Super Bowl and the pro bowls. Was time for the money grab. Sucks if you had him in dynasty 

Edited by Finn5033

54 minutes ago, darin3 said:

Obviously all about the money to some of these guys.  Let's see how Hill likes it without Mahomes throwing him the ball and Kelce commanding so much attention in the middle of the field.  Drop Hill WAY down in your rankings if he goes to either of these places.

Yeah that is what I am thinking. I don't even know where to rank Hill now. This complicates both MIA and KC offenses, although likely more moves to be had. I have trouble seeing how any decent fantasy asset was helped by this, on either team 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Finn5033 said:

He already has the Super Bowl and the pro bowls. Was time for the money grab. Sucks if you had him in dynasty 

Makes sense. 

That party scene in Miami is intense! 

3 minutes ago, purplemonster said:

Yeah that is what I am thinking. I don't even know where to rank Hill now. This complicates both MIA and KC offenses, although likely more moves to be had. I have trouble seeing how any decent fantasy asset was helped by this, on either team 

I'm moving Mecole Hardman up quite a bit.  He likely takes the Hill role in the KC offense.  Does he have Hill-level talent?  I don't know.  Don't think so.  But still, bump him up.

Just now, darin3 said:

I'm moving Mecole Hardman up quite a bit.  He likely takes the Hill role in the KC offense.  Does he have Hill-level talent?  I don't know.  Don't think so.  But still, bump him up.

Right, he didn't meet my threshold of 'decent', but if he is one of the few guys left he would be serviceable 

35 minutes ago, Riffraff said:

New York has State Tax; Florida does not. More millions!

NJ, not NY.  NJ is heavily taxed but not quite as bad as NY, where I originate from.

From my understanding, pro athletes pay state income tax not only to the states in which they reside, but also in every state (that has an income tax) where they actually play a game.  The states they reside in usually give a credit for out of state income taxes paid.  

Having worked in Manhattan, while living in NJ, I was used to it.  Any state that has an income tax will tax that athlete who has played in that state. It's up to the home state to credit the athlete back for that.

16 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

Well,  I was thinking my Byron Pringle dynasty stash might work out but I see he went to Chicago. :kicksrock:

On another note,  this can't be good for Mahommes stock either. 

I don't think this is good for Kelce either. 

• Like 1