[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trade - PHI/NOS

Big John

33 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

I've also seen the Saints linked to Ridder, but most mocks I've seen have him going late in the 1st. I think he'd be a reach at 19 and he won't make it to them in the 2nd. 

I've seen alot of mocks with ridder going at 32 (to det) or early 2nd to Atlanta 

I have nothing to add to the specific discussion at hand, but just wanted to say how good it is to see this kind of discourse back on the Huddle forum. It's a shame we no longer have the traffic we once did where we would have a homer or two for each team giving informed local opinions for every team.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

If I'm Atlanta I'd just suck it up and plan for next year's QB draft. They should easily have a top 5 pick next year. 

Ridder is an interesting prospect.   More blue collar then what some would.like, he rushed for over 2000 yards, has the 3rd most wins in college football, and blew them away at the combine.   I think he may be one of the top qb's out of this draft (over time) solid work ethic and I believe he is married with kids (to his high school sweetheart) .  

4 minutes ago, millworkguy said:

Ridder is an interesting prospect.   More blue collar then what some would.like, he rushed for over 2000 yards, has the 3rd most wins in college football, and blew them away at the combine.   I think he may be one of the top qb's out of this draft (over time) solid work ethic and I believe he is married with kids (to his high school sweetheart) .  

I agree, he's definitely intriguing. I almost wonder if he'll get past Pittsburgh? 

10 hours ago, millworkguy said:

It all sounded good up until this part, now I completely question his decision-making.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, irish said:

It all sounded good up until this part, now I completely question his decision-making.

Right like Philip Rivers, and others how dare they not play the field like every other jock.  Maybe people prefer the decision making of a genius like DeShaun Watson.

28 minutes ago, millworkguy said:

I'm sure @irish was being sarcastic .

Wow, I'm glad some can pick up on the sarcasm. That poor sap, Steve, ain't too quick that's for sure and is an extremely sensitive one on top of it. :facepalm:

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, irish said:

Wow, I'm glad some can pick up on the sarcasm. That poor sap, Steve, ain't too quick that's for sure and is an extremely sensitive one on top of it. :facepalm:

I knew it was sarcasm, and mine was just a silly comment in response. Did either comment really add to what was a good discussion? 

• Sad 1

45 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

I knew it was sarcasm, and mine was just a silly comment in response. Did either comment really add to what was a good discussion? 

Gotcha, reread it. All good here. 👍 

Reading this article I'm more convinced the Saints plan to use all three of their top picks. Basically, Loomis says he believes they can get 3 of their top 25 players with the picks they currently have.

https://saintswire.usatoday.com/2022/04/11/2022-nfl-draft-saints-trade-picks-mickey-loomis-nfl/

Edited by rajncajn
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

Reading this article I'm more convinced the Saints plan to use all three of their top picks. Basically, Loomis says he believes they can get 3 of their top 25 players with the picks they currently have.

https://saintswire.usatoday.com/2022/04/11/2022-nfl-draft-saints-trade-picks-mickey-loomis-nfl/

Yeah I read or heard that somewhere too and definitely agree.  I think they're staying put and will get nice values with those picks.

4 hours ago, rajncajn said:

Interesting - for their sake I hope they do, definitely had to think that the cost to make the similar move at the draft would cost significantly more to take the gamble on making it so far out.

13 hours ago, rajncajn said:

I also seen that the Saints are trying to smokescreen and make people think they are moving up to get a QB so that other teams will move up and take a QB to early and leave even better talent at 16 and 19 for them to choose from. Its not the first time the Saints have done this and teams moved ahead of them to get a QB so the Saints were able to get a better player at their position then they originally intended. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/4/2022 at 8:44 PM, rajncajn said:

I think the Saints would go tackle first anyway, especially if Penning is still there. I've seen a few mocks having him go to the Chargers at 17, so that would add fuel to the idea of them wanting to jump ahead of them, but the question still remains why now?

Rajncajn for the win. WR before Penning but....great prognostication!

36 minutes ago, stethant said:

Rajncajn for the win. WR before Penning but....great prognostication!

Definitely not the route I thought,  but it works. Can't take credit for the picks though. A lot of mocks had those picks coming to us. It just made the most sense. 

11 hours ago, rajncajn said:

Definitely not the route I thought,  but it works. Can't take credit for the picks though. A lot of mocks had those picks coming to us. It just made the most sense. 

I knew they would move up to get a WR. Alot of mocks said they would move up for QB but they believe in Winston and apparently no one else does. The move up was a smart move especially for Olave. He is a perfect complement to MT. Out of all of them I see him working the best with him and don't have to worry about him being out half the season. He wouldn't of been there a 16. Lions and Eagles would of moved ahead of us to get him and Williams. We would of been left with Burk but I rather Olave. Im kind of happy Payton is gone and we dont have to worry about him trying to draft project guys. We will make solid picks instead of potential picks. 

Edited by CrazyCajun

9 minutes ago, CrazyCajun said:

I knew they would move up to get a WR. Alot of mocks said they would move up for QB but they believe in Winston and apparently no one else does. The move up was a smart move especially for Olave. He is a perfect complement to MT. Out of all of them I see him working the best with him and don't have to worry about him being out half the season. He wouldn't of been there a 16. Lions and Eagles would of moved ahead of us to get him and Williams. We would of been left with Burk but I rather Olave. Im kind of happy Payton is gone and we dont have to worry about him trying to draft project guys. We will make solid picks instead of potential picks. 

As I said in the draft thread, I'm happy with the pick and I agree that he's the perfect compliment to MT. However, if MT gets injured again I'm concerned again that we don't have a WR that is capable of being a true #1.

Looking at it another way, assume we don't trade and Washington takes a WR there. Do they like Dotson or Jameson Williams better than Olave? Does Detroit still take a WR there depending on who Washington chooses? It's still very possible the Saints still get Olave if the stay at 16. Regardless, the Saints would still be left with their choice of Dotson or Burks and I think either would be a good fit for the Saints as well. Honestly, I REALLY like Burks and would have been almost as happy to have him. I also think he's capable of being that true #1 guy. We may have gotten who I think was the best guy, I just don't know if it was the best move to go get him.

19 minutes ago, CrazyCajun said:

Think of what the Saints gave up for Olave. They first traded with the Eagles, then traded to move up again. For everything they gave up, he better be a Superstar. 

2 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Think of what the Saints gave up for Olave. They first traded with the Eagles, then traded to move up again. For everything they gave up, he better be a Superstar. 

Only time will tell. He is in a high powered offense now that every will be back and healthy. He has a very high ceiling since he one of the best route runners in that class and has the speed to blow up a defense. We will see. I rather have a good route runner then a big body guy that is good at contested catches. If your good at contested catches it tells me you cant get open. CBs will eat you alive in the NFL if you cant make separation. This is a perfect WR for Winston. We need that mid to deep threat with him since Winston got the arm to get it out there. Let Juwann, MT, Callaway, and Hill handle the contested catches in the redzone.