[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

GM-based mock draft: Join

Dcat

Who wants to do a 2022 mock draft?  I did one in 2020 with

@CowboysDiehard, @Wpob, @Gopher, @Shorttynaz, @darin3.

You guys  joined my "Last Chance" GM Mock (I think we went 4 rounds) over on Footballs Future.

Well, I am firing up another one in a few days there, so if you or anyone else here want to take a GM  role for a team(s)...  send me a PM.  

I'll also set up a discord.  

Mock will have a 3 hr time limit between picks.  Clock pauses overnight.  Trades are permitted as long as values are within reasonable range of classic JJ chart. No trading current players or future year picks.  Too messy. 

Those are the parameters.  

Edited by Dcat

1 hour ago, darin3 said:

Sure I can take as many as 3 teams.  Bears would be nice to have.  Put me down for Saints too unless one of our resident Cajuns want them.  Maybe the Chargers too?

I'm not really deep enough into the college players to do it any justice past the 2nd round.

1 hour ago, darin3 said:

Sure I can take as many as 3 teams.  Bears would be nice to have.  Put me down for Saints too unless one of our resident Cajuns want them.  Maybe the Chargers too?

hoping we won't need to take more than 2.  

and just to clarify for everyone...  this is an mock NFL draft...not a fantasy football draft.

I'd like to get at least 6-7 people from here or more.  Goal is 16 GMs

Just now, rajncajn said:

I'm not really deep enough into the college players to do it any justice past the 2nd round.

makes you spend some time watching videos. I'll tell you one thing... I'm more ready for the actual draft... all 3 days by having done this.  It gets tough in round 3 for me in some positions (like OL).   And somehow I last all 7 rds on my main board.  give it a go

23 minutes ago, Dcat said:

makes you spend some time watching videos. I'll tell you one thing... I'm more ready for the actual draft... all 3 days by having done this.  It gets tough in round 3 for me in some positions (like OL).   And somehow I last all 7 rds on my main board.  give it a go

That's part of the problem. I wouldn't have the time to do any of the research. 

Quick question... When is this going to start?  Should be around for the most part, but there are a couple of days (today and most of Sunday) when my availability will be limited.  

7 minutes ago, Gopher said:

Quick question... When is this going to start?  Should be around for the most part, but there are a couple of days (today and most of Sunday) when my availability will be limited.  

Yeah I dunno when we are going to get this kicked off but I am out of town tomorrow.  Also going to be somewhat unavailable on the 21st and 22nd.  

Start?

Not yet established but I am aiming for a Sunday evening launch.  If not Sunday night, then early in the week..  Mon/Tue.

Same as I always do 3 hour clock that pauses at midnight eastern time until the next morning.  When a pick is made, you tag next 2 guys up in the thread like this:

OTC and on-deck: @Dcat @darin3

The westcoasters, if any, can dictate our morning start time.  If no westcoasters, then I like the clock to resume at 9am eastern.  But we'll start it later if we have GMs from the west or mountain zones.  2022 pick trades allowed, but no future picks or active players.  Trades should be within reasonable range of commonly used value charts such as the JJ chart.  No need to be exact.  Just not outrageous. 

Hope most GMs hop into the discord I'll set up soon. 

3 hours ago, darin3 said:

Can we get a running list of what teams are taken/open and who's got who?

you bet.  

Anyone who is in, please PM me your 1st choice and an alternate.  We'll start there.  Gopher has vikings.  Guess what team I'm doing?  J - E -  nvm.  Ravens are taken.  I'll do the same from the other groups and set up the list.

14 hours ago, Dcat said:

you bet.  

Anyone who is in, please PM me your 1st choice and an alternate.  We'll start there.  Gopher has vikings.  Guess what team I'm doing?  J - E -  nvm.  Ravens are taken.  I'll do the same from the other groups and set up the list.

Just one team?  :blink:  You have 32 folks interested in this?  I figured we'd need at least 2, if not 3 teams each.  I'll PM you now.

22 hours ago, darin3 said:

Just one team?  :blink:  You have 32 folks interested in this?  I figured we'd need at least 2, if not 3 teams each.  I'll PM you now.

i'm looking to get 16 GMs.  average of 2/GM.  Right now I have 12.  I want to make sure everyone gets at least one that has 1st + 2nd rounders.  Teams like Rams have to be 2nd choices.

• Like 1

I'm back.  This mock will take place. Posting the threads there tonight.  @darin3, you have Saints & Chargers.  @Gopher you have vikings and one more please.

Taken: NYG, NYJ, Bills, Pats, Vikes, Ravens, Bucs, Saints, Texans, Chargers, 

Ive sent a request for everyone else's choices as well. 

@Docniner  take the 9ers and another team if you want.