[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Deebo Samuel removes pictures, unfollows team on social media

League_Champion

I fear a trade will diminish his fantasy value.  As the Grabber noted above, his combo numbers were just sick; and that's attributed to how the Niners used him.  If he doesn't like being the combo player and goes to a team that uses him as a WR only, I don't think he's the stud he was last year.  Which is a bummer 'cuz I do own him in one dynasty league where he was a major component in me taking the championship.

5 minutes ago, darin3 said:

I fear a trade will diminish his fantasy value.  As the Grabber noted above, his combo numbers were just sick; and that's attributed to how the Niners used him.  If he doesn't like being the combo player and goes to a team that uses him as a WR only, I don't think he's the stud he was last year.  Which is a bummer 'cuz I do own him in one dynasty league where he was a major component in me taking the championship.

My point was more he cannot say "pay me based on that monster season I just had, but don't use me like that". 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

I'm not saying how Deebo is handling this is correct, but I do think it's a response to how GMs/Owners have handled such things in the past "releasing" behind the scenes info about negotiations.

If teams want players to act in a mature and responsible manner, then they should do it first and set the example. NFL teams seem to negotiate in bad faith often enough to maybe have caused this?

That probably comes down to certain organizations. There is alot of good organizations out there that do everything the right way and try to keep a good relationships with their players. But, on the other hand there is some out there that are ran poorly and thats the ones that give GMs a bad rep. Its 50/50 when it comes to those things. Disrespectful/ winey players and poorly ran teams. 

On 4/8/2022 at 3:45 PM, Bier Meister said:

I also heard he was not terribly happy about his usage as a rb.  plus, in a contract year... the pounding would increase probability of injury

1 hour ago, Bier Meister said:

I wouldn't be surprised it this was specifically related to his usage as rb and the 49ers wanting to go with trey.  Many teammates like what JImmy  does on the field.

2 minutes ago, Big John said:

I think he didn't like the wear and tear of his RB usage.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, stevegrab said:

I've seen this reported a few times now...

San Francisco 49ers WR Deebo Samuel has demanded a trade, he told ESPN's Jeff Darlington on Wednesday, April 20. Samuel's reason for a trade demand is not about the money, and he apparently has issues with the way the Niners have used him, according to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport.

I believe he doesn't want to be used in a dual role that includes rushing. He wants to be just a WR which is certainly where the money is now. Only one of his final seven games had more than 4 catches and most had three or fewer. He was really used as a runner in Week 11 and beyond

626070db78704_Screenshot2022-04-20154431.jpg.3e79700535bed7fb74e4709def95e093.jpg

Deebo wants to run the ball less and be just a receiver. Ok, so.the 9ers agree to that.and give him a big contract. Lance starts andhas several scripted plays each game and Deebo see 6 to 8 targets a game. Now D3ebo starts complaining that he's not getting the ball and doesn't want to play anymore for the 9ers. Here we go again, a young overplayed player whining about his usage. So, Israel go ahead and trade him and get rid of this cancer.

On 4/26/2022 at 6:34 AM, Docniner said:

Deebo wants to run the ball less and be just a receiver. Ok, so.the 9ers agree to that.and give him a big contract. Lance starts andhas several scripted plays each game and Deebo see 6 to 8 targets a game. Now D3ebo starts complaining that he's not getting the ball and doesn't want to play anymore for the 9ers. Here we go again, a young overplayed player whining about his usage. So, Israel go ahead and trade him and get rid of this cancer.

My initial thinking was he isn't worth a big contract if he's not used in the running game, then Irish posted a story that highlighted his receiving production in the first 7 games, before they started using him more as a RB. The stats over 7 games would be something like 110-2000-8 for a full season, which is a true WR1. 

PS  Who is Israel?  Is that somebody in the 49ers organization? 

12 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Irish posted a story that highlighted his receiving production in the first 7 games, before they started using him more as a RB. The stats over 7 games would be something like 110-2000-8 for a full season, which is a true WR1. 

Yeah, I didn't realize that his receiving stats were that good either but the added value as a RB is what stands out to me, especially if he wants top money. 

47 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Yeah, I didn't realize that his receiving stats were that good either but the added value as a RB is what stands out to me, especially if he wants top money. 

So you don't think a WR with 110-2000-8 for a season is worth top money? He needs the added RB value?

How many WRs even had his 1400+ receiving yards (he was 5th on the list). I think his and his agent's point is "I can do this (what he did for first 7 games) over a season if you keep me at WR", and that is elite production (other than the TD number which is low and not in the top 10). 

The "added value" as a RB came with much lower receiving stats, so not sure why you're focused on that. (I was initially, until I saw those receiving stats.) Maybe its a fantasy angle, which doesn't apply here as we're talking value to the NFL team.  

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, darin3 said:

There's no way he would have kept up that receiving production.  The whole data-extrapolation thing is relied upon wayyyy too much.  At some point the pendulum would have swung the other way.

Thank you. Thank God Steve's not a GM. Deebo would be the first billion dollar contract. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

22 hours ago, darin3 said:

There's no way he would have kept up that receiving production.  The whole data-extrapolation thing is relied upon wayyyy too much.  At some point the pendulum would have swung the other way.

You assuming he doesn't have that production is just as much a guess as me extrapolating his numbers. He still led the league in yards/reception, and had 1400 yards receiving despite being less involved in the passing game during half a season. Maybe it isn't 110-2000 , maybe 95-1700 still near the top of receiving yards. Not sure why some think he'd fall off the cliff if he continued being a focus in the passing game. 

Deebo had 72 targets in the first 7 games, 10 per game. In the final 9 games (he missed one) he had less than 50, or about 5.5 per game, around half of what he had in the first half. The one time he got 10 targets or more, he posted 9-159-0. 

I am simply saying his receiving stats are good and stand on their own, he doesn't have to be a dual threat to justify a good contract. 

14 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

I am simply saying his receiving stats are good and stand on their own, he doesn't have to be a dual threat to justify a good contract

I agree but the "dual threat" is what separates him from the others. This is a deep, loaded WR draft. You don't need to pay 25 million for a WR, especially if he doesn't want to do what they ask of him.