[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

USFL - Are you going to watch?

rajncajn

I've had some mild interest since there's going to be a New Orleans team. Then I found out Cam Jordan is going to be one of the commentators along with Jason Garrett, so I probably will watch at least a few games. Is anyone else planning on catching a few games and how strong is your interest? Anybody thinking about doing a fantasy league?

10 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

I've had some mild interest since there's going to be a New Orleans team. Then I found out Cam Jordan is going to be one of the commentators along with Jason Garrett, so I probably will watch at least a few games. Is anyone else planning on catching a few games and how strong is your interest? Anybody thinking about doing a fantasy league?

Dont know much about it besides there is a New Orleans team. But, since you say Cam is going to be commentating now its more tempting. That dude is a character and very entertaining. This could be his way to make it into the booth for the NFL and I think he can be very good at it. The day he retires a studio will offer him a contract. Just as fast as they did Drew. 

Very little interest in football outside of the NFL. Don't watch much college and have never really gotten into any other leagues run in other times of year. There are other sports and other activities I'm into during spring/summer.

Link below has the schedule including times and broadcast info, looks like a combination of Fox & NBC and their various outlets along with fuboTV. 

https://www.cbssports.com/general/news/usfl-2022-viewers-guide-schedule-players-coaches-everything-to-know-about-new-football-league/

Just now, Big John said:

Most games are on Fox or NBC.  All regular-season games will be played in Birmingham, so city names are virtual-only.

Wow that's lame, and something I didn't get from the article I just linked. How do you generate fan interest in the "local" teams.

40 minutes ago, Big John said:

Most games are on Fox or NBC.  All regular-season games will be played in Birmingham, so city names are virtual-only.

I think I seen a few games will be on USA and peacock. Unless this is a hit the stations showing these games will be random. 

1 minute ago, rajncajn said:

One thing I'm interested in watching is how they handle ball placement and 1st downs. Supposedly they are doing away with the chain gang and using a chipped ball instead.

Hey maybe nfl can partner with them and use it to test new tech and rules. Also, use it as a developmental league

• Like 1

I'll watch at least one or two games. It's like playing a trivia game trying to see if I can remember any of these players failed attempts in the NFL.

I have no interest and actually forgot this was even a thing until now. That being said over the last 4 years my consumption of NFL football has greatly decreased as well. I actually look forward to getting a break from football when the NFL season ends

48 minutes ago, CrazyCajun said:

Hey maybe nfl can partner with them and use it to test new tech and rules. Also, use it as a developmental league

That was what was speculated, I think on Dan Patrick show?  That would be their best bet.

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, darin3 said:

Has anyone watched any of this yet?

Given that the NBA playoffs are on, I haven't had the need for the filler.  

I watched the highlights of all the games. I been so busy the last couple weekends so didnt have a chance to watch. So far there is alot of good defensive play and terrible kicking. Some crazy catches as well. 

16 minutes ago, CrazyCajun said:

I watched the highlights of all the games. I been so busy the last couple weekends so didnt have a chance to watch. So far there is alot of good defensive play and terrible kicking. Some crazy catches as well. 

I just saw the one OBJ-ish catch from yesterday on Sportscenter.  That's it.  

4 minutes ago, 1fastdoc said:

Are most of the players right out of college or guys that used to be in the NFL? It's hard to watch when I don't know who anyone is. 

I think most of them were cur ny an NFL team.

I see that 2 out of the 4 games this coming weekend are on broadcast TV (one each Fox & NBC) with a third on Fox Sports 1, the 4th game is on Peacock. You'd think that gives them a good spot with their potential audience. But I think many sports fans just gravitate to other sports outside the NFL season, and have little interest in a fledgling low quality product. 

The only team that has true home games, Birmingham Stallions, are the only undefeated team.

The Stallions and Breakers game was good to watch. It was a big defensive game. Those are the two best teams in the league. Sucks they are in the same division. Who ever wins the south will win the championship because north division isn't that good.