[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Kyler Murray not expected to play for Cardinals without new contract

League_Champion

Cardinals in a bad spot. Damned if they do, Damned if they don't. Hate to say it but if it were up to me I might move on from "Baby Yoda". The fade late season and the running around behind a faltering o-line has me wondering if he can deliver. Right now he is at best like Vick was. At the worst he is like he was in the last Rams game. which was not good btw's.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, boltnlava said:

Cardinals in a bad spot. Damned if they do, Damned if they don't. Hate to say it but if it were up to me I might move on from "Baby Yoda". The fade late season and the running around behind a faltering o-line has me wondering if he can deliver. Right now he is at best like Vick was. At the worst he is like he was in the last Rams game. which was not good btw's.

I agree. He's probably somewhere in the middle, a nice fantasy QB and a sometimes above average NFL QB. He's done nothing to prove that he's in that upper tier. 

2 hours ago, League_Champion said:

The new NFL. Contracts aren't worth the paper they're printed on. 

This is nothing to do with an old.or new nfl.

I think the players are treating the owners the way they have been treated.  The nfl is the one major sport without guaranteed contracts,  owners cut guys all the time with money left on the table.  The players are now acting the same way, pay me.or I will not play.

Tit for tat in my book  

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, millworkguy said:

This is nothing to do with an old.or new nfl.

I think the players are treating the owners the way they have been treated.  The nfl is the one major sport without guaranteed contracts,  owners cut guys all the time with money left on the table.  The players are now acting the same way, pay me.or I will not play.

Tit for tat in my book  

Exactly this. But at the end of the day, what has Kyler done to deserve a new deal? I am confused.

All those teams with extra #1 picks next year...here's your guy. Good luck with that.

• Like 1

I get the injury part but part of me thinks he's doing it now in case he underperforms this year, there is some concern teams figured out how to deal with him, no? And if he isn't totally committed to his craft, as I have heard murmured, maybe he's doubting it himself. 

Edited by purplemonster
  • Like 1

Yes, it looks like players are starting to treat the organizations they that players have been treated in the past. Not sure that MURRAY really has any leverage to get the kind of money he wants. For Sure Arizona wants.to pay him as little as they can so it'll probably fall somewhere in the middle if even a deal gets done. He looked good the first half of the season then seemed to fall apart in the 2nd half. That does seem to call for some concern. He's NOT gonna get the money he wants and I could definitely see him not playing this year, which I think would surely hurt his market value. So here we go again having to tolerate another QB's drama. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Am I wrong? Very similar QBs, both underachievers. Baker definitely had more to work with though. 

They are not similar.  At all.  And Murray has a ways to go until he can be classified as an underachiever.  Do you actually watch football?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, darin3 said:

They are not similar.  At all.  And Murray has a ways to go until he can be classified as an underachiever.  Do you actually watch football?

Your eyes tell you Murray is going to be a good NFL QB? You're the same guy who tried convincing me that Mayfield was a franchise QB. Did you forget already? Who knows what? 

3 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Your eyes tell you Murray is going to be a good NFL QB? You're the same guy who tried convincing me that Mayfield was a franchise QB. Did you forget already? Who knows what? 

Here you go again, moving the goalposts.  :lol:  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, darin3 said:

Just saw a stat that Murray was the first player in NFL history to have 70 td passes and 20 TD runs in his first 3 seasons.  I get that the team hasn't excelled under his leadership, but Snooki loves labels.  And whatever happened in the last game apparently defines an entire career and predicts the future.

It's the 'hot take' way.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Is it though? Both high draft picks, similar career paths, etc. I'm not being a dick to you, that's just my opinion. No need to get angry about it. 

I'm not angry, but this is kinda your MO.  You fling some poo against the wall to see what sticks, but in a lot of the cases it just slips right down the wall.

TBH, you should just be more clear with your assessments.  If you would have just come out and said that they were similar IN THAT they were.... high picks, similar (?) career paths, etc... then that's one thing.  But you were comparing them in a forum where folks talk about football.  And actual, on-the-field, FOOTBALL-wise, they have few similarities.  That's all I'm saying.

I gotta say that I'm not sure paying a boatload of money to Murray is the way to go. When things went just a little sideways his finger pointing and lack of leadership showed. Maybe I'm wrong but Baker and Murray have similarities in this I think.

• Like 1