[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Seahawks, Buccaneers will play NFL’s first regular season game in Germany

Yes it has always sucked as a season ticket holder when one of the 8 home games was not actually played there. At least now with the change to 17 games, with the extra home game going to one conference each year, that home game teams are usually giving up is the "extra" or 9th game. 

This year the NFC teams get 9 home games, only AFC team giving up a game are the Jaguars, and their owner committed to playing in Europe (England) regularly before those changes. No idea how fans in Jacksonville felt, are they passionate about their team like other fans? 

What really would suck is if the game was an opponent that you rarely see, and now miss the chance to see them at home, which may not come again for several years. (I believe the current scheduling formula has every team hosting every other team at least once every 8 years.)

39 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

if i happen to be in europe, or lived on the east coast, i might consider going if my team was playing.

Yeah from the Northeast it's the same flight time to Paris as it is to San Francisco. If you're gonna live up here you might as well take advantage...

6 hours ago, stethant said:

If they had scheduled the game during Oktoberfest it would have been a can't-miss event. Kinda fun to have an excuse to travel to Germany but not an easy proposition for most fans.

That is true, but that's not the purpose of the international games, it is done to have real NFL games (not pre-season) played in market that already have a lot of NFL fans who will attend the games and generate more interest in the NFL. A Bucs fan from TB or Seahawks fan from SEA traveling to Germany for the game doesn't increase interest in the NFL. 

Not saying fans who are interested shouldn't go, especially if you want to visit that place to start with. 

Also regarding game times, I know when following the NFL game scheduling in London the reason some games were played earlier in the day on Sunday is because public transit that many use to get into the city center where the stadium is located, do not run late on a Sunday night. Most other sporting events are also over by evening, unlike our very common nighttime sporting events.

• Confused 1